• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pressed Pennies and Disney Gift Card?

Amy&Josh

Mouseketeer
I know that most of the pressed penny machines are being or have changed over to using credit card, wondering if one could use disney gift card instead of using a credit card??? Can anyone help with this?

I know that most of the pressed penny machines are being or have changed over to using credit card, wondering if one could use disney gift card instead of using a credit card??? Can anyone help with this?
I would like to know too!

I'm sorry I do not.
We just got back from a trip mid-June, and we found only two machines that were still only $.51, and both were at resort hotels. Everything in the park that we found had been converted to card swipes, and they were a mix of crank-handle machines and simple push button. We didn't try any of those.

We just got back from a trip mid-June, and we found only two machines that were still only $.51, and both were at resort hotels. Everything in the park that we found had been converted to card swipes, and they were a mix of crank-handle machines and simple push button. We didn't try any of those.
Thanks for the info.

I didn't even know penny pressers that accept credit cards existed. Glad I dont have to keep saving spare change for my trip

I'd love to know which ones have switched to card only. I'm going at the end of August and if I don't have to lug my exact change around, it'd be very helpful!

I'd love to know which ones have switched to card only. I'm going at the end of August and if I don't have to lug my exact change around, it'd be very helpful!
I cannot give an exhaustive list of everywhere, but my DD is a press penny nutty (as well as a pin trading nutty). I mean nutty in the most complimentary way possible too, as an aside. My DD purchased about 20 pressed pennies during our last trip June 4 - June 10, 2021.

We stayed at BC. There were 5 machines (more or less) outside SAB, outside near the B&C restaurant area and shared fitness room. All 5 machines at BC took quarters and a penny. It was the traditional style hand crank machine and $0.51. I'm not sure all resorts follow the same suit, as we did not look for machines at BWI during our BC stay and visited no other resorts.

At DS, my daughter was able to locate 4 machines at the pin traders store as well as an additional machine found on a walk back thru DS (and I don't recall the exact location). All of those machines were either credit card or a dollar bill. The machines were push button and no crank. Obviously, the machine gives you the penny and you "only" pay $1.00.

At WDW parks, my DD found multiple machines near and around attractions. All were credit card or a dollar bill. Inside the parks, some machines were cranks and some were push button. All gave you the penny naturally. All machines cost $1 / pressed penny. So, if you go to the parks you do not need to worry about brining quarters.

Don't know if they still do it, but on a trip like 10 years ago I asked the front desk of our hotel and they were able to print out a location list of every machine on property. If they can still do this, they may also have which require cards vs coins.

Don't know if they still do it, but on a trip like 10 years ago I asked the front desk of our hotel and they were able to print out a location list of every machine on property. If they can still do this, they may also have which require cards vs coins.
Why didn't I think of this?

I did the same not too long ago, the lists are long but you can get them by park so easy to identify and they were fairly accurate, if it was not where they said it was at it was very close to area. I think I had about 9 pages lol

I did the same not too long ago, the lists are long but you can get them by park so easy to identify and they were fairly accurate, if it was not where they said it was at it was very close to area. I think I had about 9 pages lol
That's just casual reading on your downtime at the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter