Presidents Weekend Feb '23 visit - when do they release schedule?

iluvthsgam

Mouseketeer
Trying to plan for a 2-day visit Friday-Saturday, Feb 17-18, 2023. Presidents Day is the following Mon. Feb 20. We are doing that cruise out of San Diego and tacking on a DL trip. In trying to plan tickets and such, Disney now has the park tickets and park reservations available. I am going to do 1 day in each park, not hopper. Expecting it to be busy either way, is there any opinion on which day to do which park? Kids are (5) and (8) and can't do every ride yet (No incredicoaster, no Indiana Jones, and Matterhorn is a maybe, etc.). We are staying at Grand California and plan to use early entry and Genie+

Also does anyone know when the schedule will be released for park opening times, fireworks, and shows?

For dining reservations, it is still 60 days out, yes?

Anything else I should consider as we get close to planning? Thanks!

Last edited:
We will be there that weekend through Thursday and have some of the same questions. Hope you get some ideas…

is there a set time frame for when Disney would announce the park opening times? Or some historical data which could show a good guess?

is there a set time frame for when Disney would announce the park opening times? Or some historical data which could show a good guess?
6 weeks is their usual time to update the calendar. Historically:

Disneyland:
  • Weekdays: 8am-8pm (7pm on Sweetheart Nites)
  • Weekends: 8am-12am
  • President Week(usually Mon-Wed): 8am-11pm with Fri-Sun with weekend hours
  • Weekdays after President’s Week: 8am-9pm
DCA:
  • Weekdays: 8am-8pm
  • Weekends: 8am-10pm
  • President Week(usually Mon-Wed): 8am-9pm with Fri-Sun with weekend hours
  • Weekdays after President’s Week: 8am-9pm

Many thanks @foolish_mortals ! Any opinion on which park to do which day (Friday or Saturday)? Seems like if they are both same hours it doesn't really matter.

Also, any tips to plan dining reservations and fireworks shows? Should I just make dining at 60 days with the assumption there will be all fireworks shows that Friday and Saturday and then just adjust as needed once the schedule is released?

Many thanks @foolish_mortals ! Any opinion on which park to do which day (Friday or Saturday)? Seems like if they are both same hours it doesn't really matter.

Also, any tips to plan dining reservations and fireworks shows? Should I just make dining at 60 days with the assumption there will be all fireworks shows that Friday and Saturday and then just adjust as needed once the schedule is released?
I’ve been finding Saturdays less crowded and since all but the top tier MK (inspire/dream) will be blocked out that Saturday, I would choose Disneyland for Saturday. These things are hard to predict though.

Yes, I would book dining with that assumption at 60 days out.

We are also going that week and have gone that week before. It’s very busy because a lot of schools get either a 3-day weekend or the entire week off. Plus the 100 year celebration will just be starting. I’m expecting the park tickets to sell out for both parks so I’m not sure it makes a big difference which day you do DL and which day you do DCA.

We go every year on this weekend. It’s our son’s birthday so it’s become a tradition. We book our dining at 4am each morning at 60 days as the popular places will book out within minutes (Lamplight, Trader Sam’s, Oga’s…) We typically do DL on Saturday and DCA on Sunday and Monday am. It’s been a solid plan for years, but the new offerings surrounding the 100th may put a wrench in that plan, but we shall see. We extended the trip to include Thursday night as our son is off Fri-Mon and got our home resort VGC right at the 11th month window opening. It’s a busy/crowded weekend, but because we go often we’ve learned to slow the pace and relax. We use G+ and LL for RotR , F! on the go at Hungry Bear and the WOC dessert party which all help to keep things at a good pace. We’ve never had park reservation issues, but who knows this time. I will likely get tickets in early December to be safe unless the start MKs again.
good luck and have a great time.

@MikeRx - thanks! will look into those show/dining options. For two little budding Star Wars fans, how much time should we budget to hang around Galaxy's Edge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter