Presidents Day-are we in trouble-Disneyworld

AddictedtoDL

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I wanted to do another DCL, but the oldest wants to do DW. The only weekend that works is Valentine's Day weekend. Are we nuts? We were going to do Magic Kingdom on Friday the 15th, the Epcot on the 16th, not sure what park on Sunday.

Are we crazy...how bad are the crowds

Thank you for any pixie dust you can give us

Hi,

I wanted to do another DCL, but the oldest wants to do DW. The only weekend that works is Valentine's Day weekend. Are we nuts? We were going to do Magic Kingdom on Friday the 15th, the Epcot on the 16th, not sure what park on Sunday.

Are we crazy...how bad are the crowds

Thank you for any pixie dust you can give us
Touring Plans has those days as 8s overall, although with the biggest crowds at DHS and AK. So busy but not off the charts busy is what they’re expecting.

The key is having a good plan. Do you have your FPs booked? A rough outline of what you want to do, so you can be flexible if things get too crazy? Consider arriving early, taking a break when the peak crowds hit (either with a sit down meal and some shows/less crowded attractions, or head to the hotel and use the pool), and then returning in the evenings as one option to avoid the worst lines.

It is very busy Presidents Day weekend, but accept that going into it and you will still have a blast. Making FP selections will be more limited if you haven’t already made them. Utilize the extra FP in the park once those 3 are gone and it will really help with lines. Remember your still at Disney so enjoy no matter what.

Most schools up north here have that as school vacation week - good luck! I think it will be crazy-busy, and the touring plan numbers have been so wrong lately it's almost laughable.

Most schools up north here have that as school vacation week - good luck! I think it will be crazy-busy, and the touring plan numbers have been so wrong lately it's almost laughable.

Do you mean the week after Presidents Day weekend, so 18 Feb onwards on the week before?
We are going 11 Feb to 17 Feb.

Do you mean the week after Presidents Day weekend, so 18 Feb onwards on the week before?
We are going 11 Feb to 17 Feb.

A lot of NorCal schools have the week after Presidents Day weekend off typically for a "ski week" but we're doin WDW instead.:earboy2:

I went over President's Weekend 10 years ago and it was the busiest I've ever seen it. To put this into perspective, I visit WDW 2 to 3 times per year.

Yikes...now I'm worried. That being said we have done DL at Halloween time, and also did it on New Years holiday....hopefully it's not as busy as that. That was insane. Thank you all for the pixie dust. We haven't bought tickets yet..so we can activate FP. Our son has autism .....so if we could do 3 rides each park we would be happy.

Yikes...now I'm worried. That being said we have done DL at Halloween time, and also did it on New Years holiday....hopefully it's not as busy as that. That was insane. Thank you all for the pixie dust. We haven't bought tickets yet..so we can activate FP. Our son has autism .....so if we could do 3 rides each park we would be happy.
Don't forget that if you need a DAS, you should stop at Guest Services and that may help you with the crowds. And I would also identify "quiet" areas around the parks you know you can retreat to if your son needs it.

My mom and I will be there that weekend too (getting off a cruise on Thursday, doing MK on Friday and Saturday), so I've made sure to plan for crowds and just take it day by day.

I've been here since 1-19 MLK weekend. It's been crazy busy all week! I haven't really seen a drop in crowds even mid week. So if President's Day weekend is anything like now, just be prepared for crowds. My suburban Philadelphia school district has a 4 day weekend and it's a popular time for families to travel to Disney.

We went 2 years ago the week before and leading into PW. Sunday and Monday of PW was just crazy busy. From early AM to closing and I swore I would never go again b/c I just didn't enjoy it. (we had a great week leading up to it)

So now I leave 2 weeks from today and arrive on the 8th and Presidents weekend is the following week (which we are still there for) but we are not spending our last day at the parks. We are spending the day at our resort and enjoying the day. (our flight is 9:40pm that night) I refused to buy the xtra park day or stay till that Monday (actual Presidents holiday) b/c I was amazed how crowded it was. But with my girls getting older it is just too much taking them out of school when it's not a school holiday.

No matter what I said I wouldn't go back but Ill be there this year :) LOL Have an amazing trip.

I don’t love that Disney has so many upcharge “extra events” but if your goal is to avoid crowds and it’s within your budget, maybe look at adding an after hours or early morning magic event so you can maximize your time and have less chaos of crowds for your family. There are several “extras” that weekend(I know bc I am going that weekend also and looked into some but ultimately I don’t feel the need to pay more money, I’ll just be happy with whatever I get done on a regular day).
-DAH at MK on Feb 14th 9pm-12am
-DAH at HS on Feb 16th 8:30-11:30
-EMM at MK on Feb 17th 7:45am-9am

Also, if you are going to watch HEA in the park and anyone is sensitive to crowds or claustrophobic, I’d recommend spending the money on the dessert party just for the piece of mind of having space to watch fireworks without being shoulder to shoulder with a few thousand best friends.

If things haven't changed recently, thats also the same week as the Daytona races. Lots of people do split vacations so the whole week is busy.

We were there for Presidents' Day weekend in 2017 and are heading back this year! We had a fabulous trip in 2017, and I am assuming this year will be great too! Don't let the fear of crowds concern you. Disney seems to always be busy anymore. Just plan ahead and use your FP's and all of your Disney knowledge. You'll be a step ahead of everyone else. Just enjoy!

It may not mean much, but I’m going that week as well and was shocked at how easy it was to get FP for everything 60 days out. I had zero issues getting all the “big” rides (SDD, FoP, etc.), some even multiple times, so it didn’t even click that it was President’s Day weekend until later.

So....I’ve been for pretty much every holiday, outside of New Years, and Presidents Day is nuts!! Talking the actual Monday holiday. Kids are off of school, and folks are down for Daytona, so it just means crazy crowds. The one year I did it, 10 years back, we were able to get on three attraction (including the People Mover) in 8 hours!

I don’t love that Disney has so many upcharge “extra events” but if your goal is to avoid crowds and it’s within your budget, maybe look at adding an after hours or early morning magic event so you can maximize your time and have less chaos of crowds for your family. There are several “extras” that weekend(I know bc I am going that weekend also and looked into some but ultimately I don’t feel the need to pay more money, I’ll just be happy with whatever I get done on a regular day).
-DAH at MK on Feb 14th 9pm-12am
-DAH at HS on Feb 16th 8:30-11:30
-EMM at MK on Feb 17th 7:45am-9am

Also, if you are going to watch HEA in the park and anyone is sensitive to crowds or claustrophobic, I’d recommend spending the money on the dessert party just for the piece of mind of having space to watch fireworks without being shoulder to shoulder with a few thousand best friends.
I don't know what HEA is...but I want to watch fireworks...than you for the heads up..I'm going to google the dessert party now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter