Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

Ugh a bit of a bummer for us, we have 1150 space at Epcot.

Oh well those times are really the best we can ask for in these conditions. We will try for VQ for guardians maybe an ILL and head to MK at 2 for hoping…. Assuming I can
Says they could change, so wondering if they might not cancel dining hoping they can open a little earlier?

IF we can't go to the park due to no reservation (may check with front desk tomorrow if they can help, not sure what they did for Ian) we will probably spend some time at the pool if it isn't still raining all day.

We did Epcot today. Even for a rainy day it was pretty busy. Some booth lines were 20 people deep.

We arrived around 750 for 8 am EE. The morning had moments of drizzle before it was a steady rain by 11ish with no brakes. Did frozen then explored a bit before having breakfast at Le Halles. Explored some more and had a snack or two before checking in at VN at 1130 even though our ADR wasn’t until 420. Ate there and packed up most of the pizza to go since we weren’t sure of the food situation at the resort. Explored some more going towards France for our Remy LL. Got ice cream in France to eat in out walk and snacks from Les Halles to bring back to the room while there. Walked over to Guardians and got baklava on the way and did our VQ. Then we left by 245. On the way out there were windy moments. Sideways rain hurts.

I know we only got one LL but TT and Frozen were gone by 935 am. Seems once they announced the early park closures they were gone. We did pull a soarin but we just wanted to leave so cancelled it. We had G+ added to our tickets months ago.

We’ve been here since Thursday night and leave Saturday night so we’ve done a lot so we are thankful. We will use tonight and tomorrow morning to rest and relax. We’re munching on our leftovers and snacks while watching Netflix and Hulu.

We may hit up AK tomorrow night if weather holds up and the park stays open until 8 pm.

Glad you had a great day! Aside from the disappointment of MP and the fact that somehow someone walked off the bus at CSR with my bag (had my favorite hat), I also had A productive and fun day.

Main Street was awesome, as usual. I booked Peter Pan and Snow White, then later Big Thunder and Small World. I did the underrated Peoplemover, the Carousel of Progress (which I love). Splash Mountain only had a 15 minute wait, so I did that. It’s closing in January, so I really wanted that. The only one I didn’t get to was the Haunted Mansion - and Pirates, but I did that Monday night.

The rain was relentless - just a disgusting day. The poncho helped, big I and my bags are soaked !
File here for your bag if you haven’t already. If someone took it by accident it will be returned to Disney and processed through this system.

Says they could change, so wondering if they might not cancel dining hoping they can open a little earlier?

IF we can't go to the park due to no reservation (may check with front desk tomorrow if they can help, not sure what they did for Ian) we will probably spend some time at the pool if it isn't still raining all day.
For Ian people had to go the parks if they didn’t have reservations to talk to/beg guest services.

Also wanted to add every cast member (with one exception has to be a bad apple in every bunch). Was amazing today, tip top A game, funny, engaging, mean (that first order is nasty!), honestly great experiences all around! Have games going on in the lobby for the kids it’s great!

Also PP were out hangin under cover and most people had no idea they were taking photos! We found three just chilling together and got some great photos, and I’m always excited when I get a magic shot I haven’t gotten before! So this was a win

1668043683495.jpeg

No it’s an outdoor pool!! No thunder of lightning so they swim!

Ugh sound likes a mixed bag of a day for you! I am so sorry!!
Oh wow!

I still haven’t been to the pool here…but Friday for sure!

Thank you! I feel like the trip has been a disaster in how many things have gone wrong, but I’ve still had a great time - how could I not? It’s Disney!

Yeah, I’m disappointed about MP, but I live in South FL, I have an AP….I can come whenever. It’s not like I’m the only one being put out by Mother Nature - I know I need to be grateful; it could have been a lot worse

For Ian people had to go the parks if they didn’t have reservations to talk to/beg guest services.
We were going to do Epcot since we are right next door, so maybe we will venture to Guest Services to see if they will do it, if not then we just turn around and take the quick walk back.

TLDL: Flight changed from Wed pm til Sunday am; no rooms at Disney so I have 3 different hotels for 4 nights, and an extended rental car; I just wanna go home!

I'm still in Orlando. My flight for tonight (Wednesday at 6pm) was canceled on Tuesday; American rebooked me to Thursday (DUH... do they not have some kind of weather app, they are an airline after all). Anyhow... First thing this morning they canceled the Thursday flight and said I could rebook on my own, gave me options but said they weren't rescheduling anyone. Logged into my AA account and looked at the options they gave me, but every time I chose one it was gone. Finally called and they booked me in the last available seat that would get me home to Bangor, ME... but it's on Sunday!

Somewhere in all this I called Disney about extending my reservation for a couple of nights and they said they couldn't. CM explained that they were closing Fort Wilderness (resort and campground) and the Treehouses and had to re-accommodate guests with continuing reservations so couldn't extend mine. BOO. Anyhow... I have lost track of the timeline of booking. I originally made a reservation at Homewood Suites at the airport for Wednesday night, figuring I could return the car as planned and use the hotel shuttle for the Thursday flight. Then that flight canceled, so I tried for a room for Thursday night also, but they were booked so I made a reservation at Home2Suites at the airport, still figuring I'd use shuttles. THEN I learned I needed a hotel until Sunday morning. I called the car agency and they extended my car for a 'reasonable' price (an additional $221 for 4 more days) so I made a 2 night reservation at the Ramada/Wyndham in Kissimmee (stayed there last Sat night, it's fine, the reviews made me nervous but it was fine). I can't cancel the reservations at the 2 airport hotels as I'm past the cancellation date, so I am going to hotel hop for 2 nights, stay in Kissimmee for 2 nights, and hopefully get home to Maine sometime Sunday afternoon!

TLDL: Flight changed from Wed pm til Sunday am; no rooms at Disney so I have 3 different hotels for 4 nights, and an extended rental car; I just wanna go home!

I'm still in Orlando. My flight for tonight (Wednesday at 6pm) was canceled on Tuesday; American rebooked me to Thursday (DUH... do they not have some kind of weather app, they are an airline after all). Anyhow... First thing this morning they canceled the Thursday flight and said I could rebook on my own, gave me options but said they weren't rescheduling anyone. Logged into my AA account and looked at the options they gave me, but every time I chose one it was gone. Finally called and they booked me in the last available seat that would get me home to Bangor, ME... but it's on Sunday!

Somewhere in all this I called Disney about extending my reservation for a couple of nights and they said they couldn't. CM explained that they were closing Fort Wilderness (resort and campground) and the Treehouses and had to re-accommodate guests with continuing reservations so couldn't extend mine. BOO. Anyhow... I have lost track of the timeline of booking. I originally made a reservation at Homewood Suites at the airport for Wednesday night, figuring I could return the car as planned and use the hotel shuttle for the Thursday flight. Then that flight canceled, so I tried for a room for Thursday night also, but they were booked so I made a reservation at Home2Suites at the airport, still figuring I'd use shuttles. THEN I learned I needed a hotel until Sunday morning. I called the car agency and they extended my car for a 'reasonable' price (an additional $221 for 4 more days) so I made a 2 night reservation at the Ramada/Wyndham in Kissimmee (stayed there last Sat night, it's fine, the reviews made me nervous but it was fine). I can't cancel the reservations at the 2 airport hotels as I'm past the cancellation date, so I am going to hotel hop for 2 nights, stay in Kissimmee for 2 nights, and hopefully get home to Maine sometime Sunday afternoon!
Oh you poor thing! Sending you positive vibes!! I am so sorry!! So much added stress to something that should be fun and amazing!

Growing up, my family was very much a commando, open-to-close, "you're only in the room to shower and sleep" type of group. So now it feels so strange to spend the night chilling in my hotel room without anything else to do.

All good, though, because now I get to watch the latest Love is Blind episodes 😋

Looks like they just announced park opening times for tomorrow:

MK 12pm to 6pm with the party at 7pm
Epcot 1pm to 9pm
AK 1pm to 7pm
HS 2pm to 10pm with no Fantasmic

Hoping they allow theme park reservations soon so we can book one since we got stuck here an extra day and want to go to the park to make up for today.

Want to edit to add: This is from the update they sent to travel agents at 7:00pm, but doesn't look updated on the weather part of the website.

Thanks!

I was planning to go to HS…does the time to book the big fixes change? Like do we still need to get up at 7 am even though park opens at 2?

Oh no! I am so sorry. Same experience with Disney. Was trying to extend our stay since last night at 6:30pm, was put on a waitlist at 7:15am this morning and then finally got our stay extended by one night around 2:00pm for Thursday Night. Hoping our flight Friday morning goes off. They told me I was lucky we were already reserved tonight and that helped me out with getting extended. Tons of people were trying their hardest to extend their stay but couldn't. Felt so bad for them. Some were trying to move their flights to Tampa.

Oh! Last thing @VAtink so many brand new 50th sweatshirts being worn today!!! So happy we had sweatshirts!!
Oh yay, glad I mentioned that! It was shocking how cold it got during a tropical storm! :rotfl2:

Sounds like you're making the best out of the rainy day, hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!

I’m at CSR and on the bus back from Epcot I heard a few people saying they couldn’t get there stays extended either. A few people had been moved to CSR from the campground and said they were enjoying the upgrade. There are a good amount of RVs parked here now.

Oh yay, glad I mentioned that! It was shocking how cold it got during a tropical storm! :rotfl2:

Sounds like you're making the best out of the rainy day, hope the rest of your trip is fantastic!
I still had to buy DD a shirt, but I will take the win in that it wasn’t a 50th sweatshirt on principle 🤣

Haha right tropical this should make me Hot!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter