Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

I called Southwest to discuss options for tomorrow afternoon since technically they don’t show our late afternoon flight being cancelled yet. They mentioned that MCO was hoping to reopen sooner than originally stated. They also mentioned we should hear something on that by end of day today.

Would love to know what you hear by end of the day as we might try to leave tomorrow night instead of first thing Friday. Our 2:15pm flight tomorrow was cancelled so we figured everything tomorrow would be but seems the late flights are still pending

Delta is now showing some Friday flights, but all arrive late afternoon. Some have 2 connections. So at this point they must not be planning before that 12noon opening on Friday. But yesterday they didn’t show ANY Friday flights.

MCO twitter is showing/describing their physical preparations, so it’ll take time to undo those once they decide the worst is over.

Would love to know what you hear by end of the day as we might try to leave tomorrow night instead of first thing Friday. Our 2:15pm flight tomorrow was cancelled so we figured everything tomorrow would be but seems the late flights are still pending

What airline cancelled your 2:15 flight?

Your point is taken, but if I were to have booked those dates before the trip, I’d have been likely been paying the $185 for the entire time, no?

Back to the present, I still think it’s still disappointing that a better rate wasn’t offered for a room in a resort which probably will see lots of cancellations because of the storm.
Very old info. A long time ago Disney didn't have the ability to charge different rates different nights of your stay. You paid the same rate every night. I think at least 20 years ago Disney upgraded IT. Disney has the ability to charge a different rate every night.

I agree. Disney should have offered a distressed traveler rate

Very old info. A long time ago Disney didn't have the ability to charge different rates different nights of your stay. You paid the same rate every night. I think at least 20 years ago Disney upgraded IT. Disney has the ability to charge a different rate every night.

I agree. Disney should have offered a distressed traveler rate

Yes, they should have…I’m not happy, lol. It doesn’t change how I feel about Disney, but it’s very poor customer service.

The lobby of CSR was swamped this morning - looks like many people were leaving ASAP

Safe travels @DisneyTarheel ! Wish we could make that decision, but that won't work for our traveling party sadly!

I'm in process of moving our trip to December. We still don't have confirmation of one of our group for those dates, but I wanted to just keep the paid off trips paid off and hope for the best. So there will be 3 rooms at POP for Thurs/Fri/Sat starting tomorrow back in inventory.

Well, there’s no availability at MP on Friday ..couldn’t speak to anyone as they weren’t there....I’m so disappointed - I was so excited that I even already planned on what I was going to order. Ironic that I was one of the first to get an ADR, and now...nothing.

I guess I’ll keep trying in case there’s a cancellation.

Well today was wet! But I was prepared!!

We opted for sneakers but brought crocs/tevas with us as back ups, had rain coats, ponchos, zip locks and a change of clothes.

I wish we wore our rain boots, would have been annoying in the morning but worth it later.

Other wise a great day, a wet one but a great one. We pushed through all the ride closures and did everything my DD wanted at Hollywood studios minus a 2nd run on tot. Sneakers Aren’t to wet but they are stuffed with newspapers!

Thank you everyone for all the tips!

Back at the hotel pool is open and arcade on free play (which sounds good but is a pain). Hoping everyone stays safe and dry and this thing isn’t bad. And moves on and out quickly!

Last edited:

We opted for sneakers but brought crocs/tevas with us as back ups, had rain coats, ponchos, zip locks and a change of clothes.

I wish we wore out rain boots, would have been annoying in the morning but worth it later.

Other wise a great day, a wet one but a great one. We pushed through all the ride closures and did everything my DD wanted at Hollywood studios minus a 2nd run on tot. Sneakers Aren’t to wet but they are stuffed with newspapers!

Back at the hotel pool is open and arcade on free play (which sounds good but is a pain). Hoping everyone stays safe and dry and this thing isn’t bad. And moves on and out quickly!
Glad it was fun for y'all. We braved Epcot for a bit this afternoon and I went to get dinner there to bring back to the room.

We may have to go check out the arcade. When we were walking by our hotels arcade it didn't show free play yet.

I wish we wore out rain boots, would have been annoying in the morning but worth it later.

Ooh, is there an indoor pool ?

Glad you had a great day! Aside from the disappointment of MP and the fact that somehow someone walked off the bus at CSR with my bag (had my favorite hat), I also had A productive and fun day.

Main Street was awesome, as usual. I booked Peter Pan and Snow White, then later Big Thunder and Small World. I did the underrated Peoplemover, the Carousel of Progress (which I love). Splash Mountain only had a 15 minute wait, so I did that. It’s closing in January, so I really wanted that. The only one I didn’t get to was the Haunted Mansion - and Pirates, but I did that Monday night.

The rain was relentless - just a disgusting day. The poncho helped, big I and my bags are soaked !

We hit MK early this morning and stayed till lunchtime.

By 2pm we were just soaked so just decided to call it a day, went to Public, bought snacks and water and are now just chilling in our room (SSR).

We are meant to be at the Christmas Party tomorrow night (Thursday), but no clue if it will go ahead or not. Most of the weather apps appear to suggest most of the wind and rain will have blown through by lunch time tomorrow so we have some hope that the parks will open tomorrow, albeit with a delay and that the party may go ahead.

Ooh, is there an indoor pool ?

Glad you had a great day! Aside from the disappointment of MP and the fact that somehow someone walked off the bus at CSR with my bag (had my favorite hat), I also had A productive and fun day.

Main Street was awesome, as usual. I booked Peter Pan and Snow White, then later Big Thunder and Small World. I did the underrated Peoplemover, the Carousel of Progress (which I love). Splash Mountain only had a 15 minute wait, so I did that. It’s closing in January, so I really wanted that. The only one I didn’t get to was the Haunted Mansion - and Pirates, but I did that Monday night.

The rain was relentless - just a disgusting day. The poncho helped, big I and my bags are soaked !
No it’s an outdoor pool!! No thunder of lightning so they swim!

Ugh sound likes a mixed bag of a day for you! I am so sorry!!

We hit MK early this morning and stayed till lunchtime.

By 2pm we were just soaked so just decided to call it a day, went to Public, bought snacks and water and are now just chilling in our room (SSR).

We are meant to be at the Christmas Party tomorrow night (Thursday), but no clue if it will go ahead or not. Most of the weather apps appear to suggest most of the wind and rain will have blown through by lunch time tomorrow so we have some hope that the parks will open tomorrow, albeit with a delay and that the party may go ahead.
Also hoping to be able to make it to the party tomorrow night! I am less hopeful for Epcot in the AM but would love the party to happen!

Looks like they just announced park opening times for tomorrow:

MK 12pm to 6pm with the party at 7pm
Epcot 1pm to 9pm
AK 1pm to 7pm
HS 2pm to 10pm with no Fantasmic

Hoping they allow theme park reservations soon so we can book one since we got stuck here an extra day and want to go to the park to make up for today.

Want to edit to add: This is from the update they sent to travel agents at 7:00pm, but doesn't look updated on the weather part of the website.

Last edited:
Glad it was fun for y'all. We braved Epcot for a bit this afternoon and I went to get dinner there to bring back to the room.

We may have to go check out the arcade. When we were walking by our hotels arcade it didn't show free play yet.
The free play is nice, but it takes the games 5-7 minutes between rounds to reset, it’s a bit frustrating!!

Looks like they just announced park opening times for tomorrow:

MK 12pm to 6pm with the party at 7pm
Epcot 1pm to 9pm
AK 1pm to 7pm
HS 2pm to 10pm with no Fantasmic

Hoping they allow theme park reservations soon so we can book one since we got stuck here an extra day and want to go to the park to make up for today.
Ugh a bit of a bummer for us, we have 1150 space at Epcot.

Oh well those times are really the best we can ask for in these conditions. We will try for VQ for guardians maybe an ILL and head to MK at 2 for hoping…. Assuming I can

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter