Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

I’m going to want to book a Minnie Van to pick me up at International Gateway at EPCOT to take me to CSR. However, I don’t know when I’ll be done with dinner, so I don’t think I can book in advance. But if I don’t, i might not get one. Should I kind of guess the time, book it now, and then modify it later? My dinner as scheduled is at Monsieur Paul.

Thanks!
I'm guessing this may be your first trip to Disney as there is no transportation close to IG. It is in the middle of a group of resorts with no roads accessing it, only walking paths and water. You would need to go to a resort and book a Minnie van to take you from there to CSR.

Would you (or anyone) know how quickly airlines can/would scramble flights if that closure was to change to say, 8am Friday? Or does the FAA ever change those closures?

I'm ready to boot our trip to Dec or Jan, but we've got one hold out waiting for a miracle for just shifting our trip 1 day forward.
Sorry, no clue on the workings of any of it.

I’m going to want to book a Minnie Van to pick me up at International Gateway at EPCOT to take me to CSR. However, I don’t know when I’ll be done with dinner, so I don’t think I can book in advance. But if I don’t, i might not get one. Should I kind of guess the time, book it now, and then modify it later? My dinner as scheduled is at Monsieur Paul.

Thanks!
Can’t reserve MVs ahead of time.

I'm guessing this may be your first trip to Disney as there is no transportation close to IG. It is in the middle of a group of resorts with no roads accessing it, only walking paths and water. You would need to go to a resort and book a Minnie van to take you from there to CSR.

No, not at all. I just never use IG - and when I asked my nephew, who works at Disney (Homecoming), he said it would be fine. Then again, I doubt he was even paying attention - and, he’s often clueless.

Thanks! I’ll just go to Boardwalk or Riviera.

Thanks!!

Can’t reserve MVs ahead of time.

Ah, so just when I need it…good to know, thanks!

I wonder how busy or not busy the parks will be. Just checking, Big Thunder only has a 25 minute wait, HM only 10, Small World only 15. Jungle Cruise is an hour ! Pirates, 15…

Last edited:
No, not at all. I just never use IG - and when I asked my nephew, who works at Disney (Homecoming), he said it would be fine. Then again, I doubt he was even paying attention - and, he’s often clueless.

Thanks! I’ll just go to Boardwalk or Riviera.

Thanks!!

Beach Club is the closest (approx. 5 min.) resort to the International Gate.

Those prices sound normal to me. If you were paying 185 around New Years and then 125 for after New Year weekend, those prices line up with New Years being the highest price for Disney Hotel rooms and early January being the lowest. The price really does drop quickly after New Years.
I don't think Hotels have to give a discount for rooms during a storm. What they can't do is price gouge.
Your point is taken, but if I were to have booked those dates before the trip, I’d have been likely been paying the $185 for the entire time, no?

Back to the present, I still think it’s still disappointing that a better rate wasn’t offered for a room in a resort which probably will see lots of cancellations because of the storm.

We planned on sleeping in tomorrow and doing Epcot in the PM but we’re gonna RD instead and try to get some stuff done before the rain hits and in case parks close Thursday. Weather apps show rain coming in midday but I know it’s all subject to change.

Quoting myself because I think everyone had the same idea. WS is busy for only 10 am and rainy. Overheard people talking about being out today since tomorrow will be a wash out.

Got VQ 97 and remy at 110 pm. Did frozen during early entry. Looked at my tip board at 930 to check the VQ and frozen and TT LL are gone. I’m trying to move up my VN ADR but no luck.

Last edited:
Quoting myself because I think everyone had the same idea. WS is busy for only 10 am. Overheard people talking about being out today since tomorrow will be a wash out.

Got VQ 97 and remy at 110 pm. Did frozen during early entry. Looked at my tip board at 930 to check the VQ and frozen and TT LL are gone. I’m trying to move up my VN ADR but no luck.
Just show up at VN at your desired time. They’ll seat you.

Your point is taken, but if I were to have booked those dates before the trip, I’d have been likely been paying the $185 for the entire time, no?

Back to the present, I still think it’s still disappointing that a better rate wasn’t offered for a room in a resort which probably will see lots of cancellations because of the storm.
I think they’re finding this isn’t the case. There’s a report of someone above who cannot find accommodations at Disney for even 1 night when their transportation home was cancelled. It appears all resorts are completely full for Thurs, Nov 10th.

I think they’re finding this isn’t the case. There’s a report of someone above who cannot find accommodations at Disney for even 1 night when their transportation home was cancelled. It appears all resorts are completely full for Thurs, Nov 10th.
I just saw that post a little while ago. What a nightmare. Yikes.

I just saw that post a little while ago. What a nightmare. Yikes.
They updated on another thread the hotel is running a waiting list for guests and they’ve been added to it.

A procedure that makes sense if the hotel thinks they might have rooms but doesn’t know how many rooms they’ll have available- especially since they just closed the campgrounds and will be relocating those guests.

Would you (or anyone) know how quickly airlines can/would scramble flights if that closure was to change to say, 8am Friday? Or does the FAA ever change those closures?

I'm ready to boot our trip to Dec or Jan, but we've got one hold out waiting for a miracle for just shifting our trip 1 day forward.
I called Southwest to discuss options for tomorrow afternoon since technically they don’t show our late afternoon flight being cancelled yet. They mentioned that MCO was hoping to reopen sooner than originally stated. They also mentioned we should hear something on that by end of day today.

I'm booked for tomorrow getting in at 9:25 pm and also Friday getting in at 9 am....hoping the airport reopens for one of them

I called Southwest to discuss options for tomorrow afternoon since technically they don’t show our late afternoon flight being cancelled yet. They mentioned that MCO was hoping to reopen sooner than originally stated. They also mentioned we should hear something on that by end of day today.
Would love to know what you hear by end of the day as we might try to leave tomorrow night instead of first thing Friday. Our 2:15pm flight tomorrow was cancelled so we figured everything tomorrow would be but seems the late flights are still pending

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter