Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

Do you have travel insurance? This could possibly be covered by it.

i didn’t take it out, it never occurred to me that I’d need it, lol..

I’ll just eat it - and, I do get an extra day, which is nice. I’m going to spend the day at Disney Springs and the resort - I’ll finally be able to go to the pool!

I just don’t know what to do about Monsieur Paul. If I do end up going to MK as planned, then to Epcot, I’m going to NOT look all neat and pretty. I’m going to probably look like a drowned rat. Their dress code is vague - I don’t know how nice I’m supposed to look, just that I should wear clothes that are ”clean, neat and in good condition“. I’m not going back to my hotel, not with how I can barely walk, and not in the rain...I don’t know if I can wear a t-shirt...I’m certainly going to wear sneakers

Last edited:
Just got an email from Delta that our flight from RDU on Thursday (arriving at MCO at 11:25am) has been canceled.
We have an RDU flight mid-afternoon tomorrow. Not sure MCO will be open by then so we are considering driving now.

Looks the the forecast for Friday has improved a lot, so *if* we can get there things are looking better.

FlightAware is showing this now for MCO:
  • an airport closure until Friday at 12:00PM EST
So, I guess driving it is! 9 hours, which we’ve done plenty of times when the kids were little. We should actually get there earlier tomorrow than we would have. Hey, on the bright side, we now have 3 new Buc-ees we can hit on the way. 😜

So, I guess driving it is! 9 hours, which we’ve done plenty of times when the kids were little. We should actually get there earlier tomorrow than we would have. Hey, on the bright side, we now have 3 new Buc-ees we can hit on the way. 😜
Safe driving!!

I’m going to want to book a Minnie Van to pick me up at International Gateway at EPCOT to take me to CSR. However, I don’t know when I’ll be done with dinner, so I don’t think I can book in advance. But if I don’t, i might not get one. Should I kind of guess the time, book it now, and then modify it later? My dinner as scheduled is at Monsieur Paul.

Thanks!

Here now. Was set to leave Thursday but because of flight cancellations have to stay until Friday. They have no rooms for us apparently to stay at for Thursday night and keep telling us we need to move off of Disney property.

Originally Monday night was told they would find us somewhere to stay on property.

We aren’t even remotely concerned about the weather but having no where to stay or moving off site in the middle of the storm Thursday. There’s flights out late Thursday night but I’m concerned they may get cancelled and as of now everything is booked up on Friday for flights.

They didn’t give you any special rate to add an additional night? That’s preposterous. I got stranded at WL after New Year’s weekend in early ‘99 because of a bizzard in Chicago and they gave us a discounted rate of $125 for the extra couple of nights. We had been paying something like $185 during that trip.
Those prices sound normal to me. If you were paying 185 around New Years and then 125 for after New Year weekend, those prices line up with New Years being the highest price for Disney Hotel rooms and early January being the lowest. The price really does drop quickly after New Years.
I don't think Hotels have to give a discount for rooms during a storm. What they can't do is price gouge.

i didn’t take it out, it never occurred to me that I’d need it, lol..

I’ll just eat it - and, I do get an extra day, which is nice. I’m going to spend the day at Disney Springs and the resort - I’ll finally be able to go to the pool!

I just don’t know what to do about Monsieur Paul. If I do end up going to MK as planned, then to Epcot, I’m going to NOT look all neat and pretty. I’m going to probably look like a drowned rat. Their dress code is vague - I don’t know how nice I’m supposed to look, just that I should wear clothes that are ”clean, neat and in good condition“. I’m not going back to my hotel, not with how I can barely walk, and not in the rain...I don’t know if I can wear a t-shirt...I’m certainly going to wear sneakers
Everybody will be in the same drowned rat situation, probably one of the reasons the dress code is so vague so they have flexibility in instances like that.

Everybody will be in the same drowned rat situation, probably one of the reasons the dress code is so vague so they have flexibility in instances like that.

That’s true! I’m just going to wear a pair of nice shorts and a cute tee. I do have a couple of “nicer” blouse type shirts- I suppose I should wear that instead..

I’m probably overthinking this, lol

Here now. Was set to leave Thursday but because of flight cancellations have to stay until Friday. They have no rooms for us apparently to stay at for Thursday night and keep telling us we need to move off of Disney property.

Originally Monday night was told they would find us somewhere to stay on property.

We aren’t even remotely concerned about the weather but having no where to stay or moving off site in the middle of the storm Thursday. There’s flights out late Thursday night but I’m concerned they may get cancelled and as of now everything is booked up on Friday for flights.
There will be no flying out of MCO Thursday night.

If you want to stay in a theme park type bubble Universal has availability. I love sapphire falls for the cheapest boat access to city walk. I’d cut the Disney hotel stay short and move tonight for safety’s sake.

Last edited:
That is my thought, so we are going to wait until the last minute since the flights aren't cancelled as of now. Just playing this waiting game of where we will stay Thursday night right now

I have no idea what WDW will do , but I have to think there are people like me with (at the moment) reservations for tomorrow night but no way to get there. I haven't made the reschedule call just yet because our traveling party is *still* trying to agree on plan B (one of us has to check at work today), but my room will not be occupied tomorrow night. I have to think that more rooms will be canceled for Thursday today as people (like me) got their flights canceled late yesterday. Now, what WDW will do and if they'll release them for bookings -- that's a different question.

I guess there is also a large population of people like you who are stuck, so it may just be luck as to who gets a room.

I wondered where FlightAware pulled that data from and found the FAA website for airport updates, which must be where they draw the info, from so thanks! Link to the FAA site for those interested

I wondered where FlightAware pulled that data from and found the FAA website for airport updates, which must be where they draw the info, from so thanks! Link to the FAA site for those interested

Would you (or anyone) know how quickly airlines can/would scramble flights if that closure was to change to say, 8am Friday? Or does the FAA ever change those closures?

I'm ready to boot our trip to Dec or Jan, but we've got one hold out waiting for a miracle for just shifting our trip 1 day forward.

I have no idea what WDW will do , but I have to think there are people like me with (at the moment) reservations for tomorrow night but no way to get there. I haven't made the reschedule call just yet because our traveling party is *still* trying to agree on plan B (one of us has to check at work today), but my room will not be occupied tomorrow night. I have to think that more rooms will be canceled for Thursday today as people (like me) got their flights canceled late yesterday. Now, what WDW will do and if they'll release them for bookings -- that's a different question.

I guess there is also a large population of people like you who are stuck, so it may just be luck as to who gets a room.
Thats what we are hoping. Hoping this afternoon we have an answer. There is a waiting list but they will call the room so we now have to decide if we stay in the room or go into the parks as planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter