Preparing for Nicole, Rain tips, and other advice!

Joining in as we fly in tonight (fingers crossed). I don't know if I should keep obsessively watching as many different reports as I can, or just ignore it for now. My father livves near West Palm so I also need to keep him in mind as well, not just us/this trip. I like to hear the voices of guests who are currently there - it's very helpful.

Joining in as we fly in tonight (fingers crossed). I don't know if I should keep obsessively watching as many different reports as I can, or just ignore it for now. My father livves near West Palm so I also need to keep him in mind as well, not just us/this trip. I like to hear the voices of guests who are currently there - it's very helpful.

Does not seem that it needs to be watched in terms of being a hugely destructive storm. It is worth watching, though, as it will be a very rainy day for at least 1 park day in the near future.

I really feel this is much ado about nothing but I’m not a weather professional so we will continue to monitor and hope we have the parks to ourselves.
I’m definitely not sweet enough to melt in the rain so we will be out as long as things are open. :-)
Perhaps I’d feel differently if I were already there or if Thursday was one day among 7, but for those of us that have to fly late Wednesday or Thursday, it’s absolutely justified to be concerned. If the winds are 50mph planes aren’t going to land.

Yeah - we're scheduled to arrive at MCO on Thursday at 11AM. Welp, up for an adventure!!

If your idea of adventure is sitting at your home airport all day -- then you might be in luck! :) (I'm with you -- arriving at 11:30am).

Two of our traveling party will be driving 4 hours to get here and leave their dogs with their parents/in-laws before we travel Thursday morning. They won't leave until late afternoon Wednesday, so I'm hoping to know better by then so they don't make the drive if we've delaying or rescheduling.

Perhaps I’d feel differently if I were already there or if Thursday was one day among 7, but for those of us that have to fly late Wednesday or Thursday, it’s absolutely justified to be concerned. If the winds are 50mph planes aren’t going to land.
Lennie any way you can get out early?

Lennie any way you can get out early?

We’re traveling with our adult DSs + wife, gf. While DH & I could do that, job responsibilities among the 4 other will not be possible. There’s no point in us going without them since this is attempt #3 to make this trip, going back to 2020.

On plane about to push back.

I decided to wear our rain boots and a few people were like oh that’s smart! Hopefully it works out for us haha!

But I realized I forgot my make up… so if you see the tired looking lady with rain boots you’ll know who it is!

Last edited:
Looks like all restaurant reservations have been suspended for dinner on Thursday. Not a single restaurant with availability (park, hotel or Disney Springs) unless it's a system glitch.
I noticed I got no alerts today, yesterday my phone was blowing up!

Looks like all restaurant reservations have been suspended for dinner on Thursday. Not a single restaurant with availability (park, hotel or Disney Springs) unless it's a system glitch.
Open Table has some, but limited, availability in DS

From @MCO

Operational Update – Tropical Storm Nicole Together with our partners, a decision has been made to cease commercial operations at 4:00pm on Wednesday, November 9th, until circumstances permit operations resume.

We will continue to monitor Tropical Storm Nicole to determine the potential impact at MCO. We ask you to please continue to work with your airline directly in regards to your specific flight. Thank you.

My Amtrak to Delray Beach for Friday was canceled, so I had to book another night at CSR for $475! I had no choice - I needed a room. The good thing is, I get to spend Friday at the parks…

I really hope tomorrow especially isn’t a washout - it’s my MK and Monsieur Paul day

Does that mean current ADRs are canceled?

Until someone reports that, I wouldn't think so. I presume some of the actions today would be just to prevent further impact to guests if things need to be canceled.
There would definitely be communications if that were to happen and I highly doubt this will happen unless the parks themselves close.

There would definitely be communications if that were to happen and I highly doubt this will happen unless the parks themselves close.
It (no add’l ADRs) could also be to control staffing if some CMs have flooding issues or whatever. It just is a lever than can use to simplify as they plan.

My family and I were planning on doing Epcot 11/10. Although Disney has not made any announcements yet I just found out that there is ZERO park reservation availability for 11/10 and 11/11 (we already have ressies fror thursday). I may be wrong but I think the lack of ressies may show that Disney is anticipating a shutdwn during those two days.

My family and I were planning on doing Epcot 11/10. Although Disney has not made any announcements yet I just found out that there is ZERO park reservation availability for 11/10 and 11/11 (we already have ressies fror thursday). I may be wrong but I think the lack of ressies may show that Disney is anticipating a shutdwn during those two days.
It’s also a tool for controlling crowds as we saw with Ian when they reopened the parks but never reopened park reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter