Prepare Me for My First Disney Cruise as an Adult!

Arielfan98

DIS Veteran
Good evening y'all,

I am thrilled to be sailing on DCL for the first time in over a decade on the Fantasy in April. The last time I went on a Disney cruise, I was at most a pre-teen. I'm now 26 and would like the run-down on what activities are fun for young adults and yes, I do drink. I'll be sailing with my parents and my sister who doesn't drink or like to go out clubbing so I'll probably have to go out and meet new people and make friends for the week. Any pointers are appreciated! Thanks :)

There are no direct activities for 26 and single. Once over 21 DCL sort of puts the whole crowd together. However, you can go to the bars and make friends and strike up conversations with folks. Your sister can also join you even if not drinking and it's no big deal and no one will give her any side eyes or weird looks either.

There are plenty of adult activities including many 18+ only activities usually after 9 pm.

No place for singles to mingle or really go clubbing - its a Disney Cruise after all.

Ether way I think you will still have a great time.

I have enjoyed all the alcohol tastings I've been to. I actually think some of the less popular ones have chattier people. Maybe people tend not to book them as family groups as often?

I also highly recommend the (non-Disney-themed) adult trivia sessions. It's funny, b/c it's not something we do at home, but it's DH's favorite thing to do on cruises, go figure. Last time, I only joined him like half the time, but he always seemed to find people (usually by themselves) to team with otherwise. Everyone wants to win, so I think people are not so shy about chatting with other people to form teams.

There are no direct activities for 26 and single. Once over 21 DCL sort of puts the whole crowd together. However, you can go to the bars and make friends and strike up conversations with folks. Your sister can also join you even if not drinking and it's no big deal and no one will give her any side eyes or weird looks either.

There are plenty of adult activities including many 18+ only activities usually after 9 pm.

No place for singles to mingle or really go clubbing - its a Disney Cruise after all.

Ether way I think you will still have a great time.
Thanks for the tips! I figured there wouldn't be any specific activities directed towards my demographic. I'm okay with mingling with adults of all ages, I'd just like to have a cruise buddy. I recently went on a Norwegian Cruise Line trip and did the exact same thing.

I have enjoyed all the alcohol tastings I've been to. I actually think some of the less popular ones have chattier people. Maybe people tend not to book them as family groups as often?

I also highly recommend the (non-Disney-themed) adult trivia sessions. It's funny, b/c it's not something we do at home, but it's DH's favorite thing to do on cruises, go figure. Last time, I only joined him like half the time, but he always seemed to find people (usually by themselves) to team with otherwise. Everyone wants to win, so I think people are not so shy about chatting with other people to form teams.
Thank you for this idea! I didn't realize they had non-Disney themed trivia. I will certainly attend.

Have a look for a Facebook group for your cruise - there might be other people looking for a cruise buddy too :D On my last cruise someone posted looking for people to chat to, some others in her situation exchanged room numbers with her and she was able to use the DCL app on board to message them to arrange to meet up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter