• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prepaid Visa Cards

CouponGirl

DIS Veteran
Are prepaid visas accepted at the parks and resorts? We have a few that were gifted to us and it would be nice to be able to use them if possible!

I have usd around the parks for everything from a cup of coffee to dinner in Italy and never had a problem.

I agree with @lanejudy to use the entire amount in one transaction. Even Disney gift cards have issues. We upgraded our tix to AP's two weeks ago at EPCOT and had a couple Disney gift cards which were declined...we calmly waited for a manager who was able to make them work!

I have used a prepaid VISA. Some have reported problems if not using the full value at one time - so if possible maybe try to use it in full.
I have usd around the parks for everything from a cup of coffee to dinner in Italy and never had a problem.
I agree with @lanejudy to use the entire amount in one transaction. Even Disney gift cards have issues. We upgraded our tix to AP's two weeks ago at EPCOT and had a couple Disney gift cards which were declined...we calmly waited for a manager who was able to make them work!
Thank you, everyone!! :flower3:

Are prepaid visas accepted at the parks and resorts? We have a few that were gifted to us and it would be nice to be able to use them if possible!
Yes. Prepaid Visa is my payment of choice at WDW. I've used them at stores, restaurants, etc. with no problem. I used to purchase Disney Gift Cards but switched to Visa because a Disney gift card is just good for Disney. Visa can be used just about everywhere (and nice when you have some left over).

Yes. Prepaid Visa is my payment of choice at WDW. I've used them at stores, restaurants, etc. with no problem. I used to purchase Disney Gift Cards but switched to Visa because a Disney gift card is just good for Disney. Visa can be used just about everywhere (and nice when you have some left over).
Great to hear you haven’t had any problems using them. Thank you!

The good thing about the prepaid Visa is that it is good virtually everywhere.

The bad thing is that it tends to have a fee to purchase it (Just paid $4.95 for a $50 card to send someone as a gift).

On the flip side...

The bad thing about a Disney Gift Card is that it can only be used at Disney. But to be clear, basically everything at Disney (including Disney Springs) accepts the Disney Gift Card. Of course, they have closed most of the Disney Stores, so while they used to accept them, they are not around anymore.

However, there are two good things about Disney Gift Cards. One is you can normally get them at a discount (Sam's clubs typically sell them at a 4% discount, you can use your Target Red card to get them at a 5% discount). When that $100 gift card only costs $96, well that is like getting a free soda in Epcot :worship:

The other is that on the Disney Gift Card site, you can transfer balances around. You can buy electronic cards, and transfer the balance onto Physical Card. That same site will also let you see all your transactions. We tend to buy a few dollars worth every month, sometimes just a $75 pack from Sam's for $72,sometimes I may find an on-line deal (some sites like cardcash or raise). It is nice showing up at the world knowing you have a gift card with a few hundred dollars on it. Easier then coming home to a surprise (ok, not really a surprise) credit card bill...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter