Prepaid credit card - what happens if the balance exceeds the limit?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used a prepaid credit card as the form of payment on board the cruise? If so, what happens if what gets charged to your on-board account exceeds the limit on the pre-paid card?

Has anyone used a prepaid credit card as the form of payment on board the cruise? If so, what happens if what gets charged to your on-board account exceeds the limit on the pre-paid card?
I use Revolut and that will decline the payment if you do not have sufficient funds loaded onto the card. For security/theft/fraud protection, I hold money in ‘vaults’ and only transfer sufficient funds to the normal/spending account as I anticipate needing them. You have to anticipate credit holds.

Hi @peacefrogdog they will put an initial hold of $100 on the card and then once you spend over that amount they will continue to put holds to cover your account, usually in $100-200 increments. As long as the pre-paid card has a balance that is greater than or equal to the hold you'll be fine. If they try to pull more than the card balance they will freeze your onboard account and you'll need to go down to guest services and sort it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter