~ Premium vs Premier ~

tinkcollector

DIS Veteran
I currently have a Premium Annual Pass and I am considering getting the Premier Annual Pass as I will be spending some time on the East Coast this year. I cannot find the cost of the Premier on the Disneyland Website. I suppose I could call, but I thought I would ask all of you first. Any other pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. :tink:

Premier is $1099 plus tax on the Florida portion. I think it comes to about $1140 total. You cant make monthly payments on it and WDW doesnt offer much in terms of AP discounts. If you are only going to WDW for like 3 days, it may be worth looking up 3 day tickets and doing the math to see if it is worth it for you. If you are making several trips then get the Premier.

Edit: I am pretty sure if you make monthly payments already on your premium, and you renew your premium, when you upgrade, only the difference is due immediately, the monthly payments will continue for the premium portion of the pass.

superlarz is correct that the AP discounts for dining and merchandise are less than at DLR (very few dining discounts, merchandise discount is only 10%). The biggest difference is that there can be fairly significant hotel discounts for AP holders (e.g., 35% or more for some rooms). I like to keep an eye on Mousesavers for the latest information:
http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/#ap

The cost to upgrade (in theory), should be about $356 (assuming you get full credit for the price of the Premium AP you already have). That's roughly equivalent to a 3-day PH ticket for WDW (at gate price). The Premier does also include admission to the water parks and DisneyQuest.

Edit: I am pretty sure if you make monthly payments already on your premium, and you renew your premium, when you upgrade, only the difference is due immediately, the monthly payments will continue for the premium portion of the pass.

Mind you as people have found out, this only works if you upgrade at Disneyland. If you try at WDW, you have to pay the difference AND the remainder of your premium pass. Has to do with the fact the two resorts (inexplicably) use completely different ticketing software.

I upgraded right after renewing my premium so kept the monthly payments on that - but lost the $60 renewal discount (no discount on premier prices)! I wish I had realized they would give me the premier as soon as I renewed - it was just a few days before my expiration date in my case but if I'd known I would have gone to the Destination d23 event at WDW! Since you can renew 40 days or so early you might get quite a bit of extra time that way.

There are SO few discounts in WDW for passholders. A few lunches in epcot but not what we're used to. If you're going to go fairly often you might consider Tables in Wonderland but it takes some spending to make it worth it now that Victoria & Albert's isn't included anymore.
I did just get a really pretty box (just cardboard by really pretty ) with a special premier magnet from WDW. And you'll get free magic bands - sign up for those ASAP since it takes a while to get the 2 systems working on 1 pass!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter