Pregnant/Rides to avoid at DL?

javaj

DIS Veteran
Just recently found out I'm pregnant (yeay!) and will be around 9 to 10 weeks pregnant when we go to Disneyland. Is there a list of all the recommended rides to avoid somewhere? Thanks!

We went when I was about 5 months pregnant, I spoke to my Dr. before we went and she told me that all I really needed to be carefull of, were the rides that would cause impact on my tummy like sudden stopping with a lap bar. But to be sure just call your Dr.

The Birnbaums Guide to Disneyland has listings on every single ride at DL and DCA with height restrictions and whether or not expectant moms should sit it out. I think the safest bet is avoid the mountains (splash, space and Big Thunder that is), Matterhorn for sure as that is the bumpiest ride on the planet and my rear hurts every time I ride it. Over at DCA, CA Screamin and maybe Grizzly River Run as that can get pretty bumpy and intense. Thats what I can think of off the top of my head. The nice thing about Disneyland is most of the rides are good for all ages, sizes and pregnant ladies! Have a fun trip and congratulations!

P.S. I posted on the "expenses" thread that it was American Airlines where I got the good deal going into LAX from Denver.

Amy&Dan said:
P.S. I posted on the "expenses" thread that it was American Airlines where I got the good deal going into LAX from Denver.

Hi, thanks for the reply to this post, and the other one too. I'm bummed, when we were looking for airfare months ago for our Dec trip and March trip, it was over $300. So we booked using frequent flier miles with Delta, with layovers at Salt Lake. Now, there are non-stop fares for $158 with Alaska! Oh well!

Congrats! I'm sure you'll find the list in advance based on the previous posts but I noticed last week that any ride that needs to list warnings includes "expectant mothers" on the list. Common sense says jerky rides like Indy, Mulholland Madness, any roller coaster like Space, BTMRR, etc., any "drop" ride (ToT, Maliboomer, Splash)....

What I'm hoping for is that you aren't throwing up left and right at that point. For my first pregnancy I was about six weeks pregnant and my morning sickness hit, HARD, in Madrid of all places on earth. Had to end our trip, basically right when it had begun, and fly home. I've never felt worse in my life. Good luck to you--you will know if you are one to get sick by that point but hopefully you will be feelin' good!

javaj said:
Hi, thanks for the reply to this post, and the other one too. I'm bummed, when we were looking for airfare months ago for our Dec trip and March trip, it was over $300. So we booked using frequent flier miles with Delta, with layovers at Salt Lake. Now, there are non-stop fares for $158 with Alaska! Oh well!

I know with Alaska FF miles, you can "rebank" them for a $50 fee. Would you be able to do the same? Would it be worth it to you to reschedule your flights, from a convenience standpoint as well as a savings for a more expensive ticket later on using your FF miles?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter