Preg. lady in park???

Kim W.

Earning My Ears
Okay, so we have made the decision to go to Disney in Dec. When my parents first started making these plans, I couldn't wait to take my boys on all the great rides. My 8 yr old esp. likes roller coasters and I always loved them as a child.
NOW, though I am preg. with # 3(that was not in the original plans--but very thrilled anyway!) SO, what rides will I be able to do with my boys, what will I not be able to do?
I will be about 18 weeks along, if that makes any difference.

My husband will not be along for this trip, but I will have extend family along to help out on the wild rides I can not do. So if it is something they want to ride, they will not miss out:D

Just trying tp plan ahead what I will be able to do.
Thanks
Kim W. in PA

Kim,

Congratulations. I was about9-10 weeks when I went last. I did everything: TOT, etc(with Doctor permission) The only thing that bothered me was SM because the restaint touchs you right in the belly. That one is definately out for you. If I were you I'd check with the Doc on restrictions for someone at your stage of gestation.

Lori:)

I went twice during my second pregnancy this year - once at 14 weeks and once at 24 weeks. On both trips I skipped:

Splash Mtn
Space Mtn
BTMRR
TOT
Rock N Roller
Teacups

We didn't do AK on these trips but I would have also avoided Dinosaur.

We go at least once a year - sometimes twice so skipping these wasn't that big a deal for me - even though they are my favorites! We are going back in March with our 4 year old and baby who will be 7 months at the time so I will hit all my favorites then.

I too will be in the midst of a surprise pregnancy when we go in March. I will be about 24 weeks and plan on hanging out with my then 20 month old and let my dh take my 3 1/2 year old on all the "fun" stuff! It still is an awesome place!!!!!!
Kathy:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: (and a surprise due in June!)

Congratulations, everyone, on your little "surprises" that are coming!!! :D It's nice, too, that Disney posts EVERYWHERE what rides are not recommended for pregnant women. Talk with the CM's when you are there and they can help you make your decisions. (Of course, doctors advice is first and foremost!!!)

Enjoy your trip....and your new little blessing!!!!

I will be 5 months pregnant when we go to WDW in Feb. My solution to not being able to go on rides.......shop, shop and shop some more!!!
My husband will take our 4yr old DD on the rides. We all can't wait to go!!

I went when I was 7mos along with my son. At AK I rode the safari (sorry, can't remember ride name) and made a point of sitting up front behind the driver. When you get in line, make sure you point out that you're pregnant and that you want to sit behind the driver. It's a bumpy ride, but not as bad in that part of the vehicle. I skipped all the rides like Dinosaur and the roller coasters. If a CM isn't able to help you out, just hit the rides that the little ones do. If a 3yo can ride it, you should be ok. :)

Ashley

I'm pretty sure you are talking about the "jeep" sort of ride through. I have not been to WDW since before AK and I really thought that looked like a neat ride. I think my boys will love seeing all the animals like that. Thanks for the information. I will be sure to ask to ride close to the driver and I'm glad I won't have to miss this ride!
Kim W.

I think each person should check with their own OB/Gyn. My SIL, my best friend and I, were all pregnant during the same time. They got the thumbs up for rides except the ones w/warning for expectant mothers and bumpy ones. I was told "No rides, period!" And we all go to the same ob/gyn! I think your medical history plays a major part in your dr.'s answer. I stil had a blast. I shopped and ate my way around WDW! :D It was our most expensive trip yet. :p

I agree! Check with your Dr. before doing anything out of your routine....you and they know your medical situation better than we do! I also am getting info on the nearest hospital with the best facilities....just in case. Okay, so I am a neurotic Neonatal Intensive Care Nurse, but I want to be ready for anything!
Kathy

I have already talked to my Dr. about the trip.
I have been in good health and there is no reason I can't do some of the activites with my children.
Thanks for the reminder, though, my Dr. is a lot better judge about what is safe for me and my baby than the signs posted at the park.

Kim W.

I'm heading to sunny WDW in Feb with my DH and (then) 20-month-old DD, AND I'll be 21 weeks pregnant (about 4 1/2 months) when we go. I'm planning on talking to my doctor beforehand, and just seeing how I feel. Congrats to all these pregnancies!!

We just got back Saturday from an eight day trip and I'm 26 weeks along....I just skipped all of the "thrill" type rides and did the more laid back ones (Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan, etc....). Really just use common sense....if it is a roller coaster type ride that will bump you around a lot, it's probably a good idea to skip it.....I probably could have gone on more rides, but for my own piece of mind, I decided to wait until next time to have my thrills!!! Besides, it was very thrilling for me to watch my 3 & 5 year old daughters have their thrills on the rides and with the characters!!!

You know your body, and your comfort level....just do what you're comfortable with and I'm sure that you'll have a great time!!! And don't forget to drink lots of water and take lots of breaks!

CBR 01/00
POFQ 09/00
CBR 01/01
POFQ 05/01
POFQ 09/01
ASSP 11/01

We are less than 2 weeks from our trip. I will be at 20 weeks and I'm beginning to wonder if I will be able to keep up with my children and the rest of our family. I have already talked to our children about not being able to do certain rides with them. And I do have it in my mind to not over do it. Just hope I can stay with that thinking when I'm there and wanting to do and see EVERYTHING!!!!

Already losing sleep waiting for our big trip!!!!
:earsboy:

Thanks to everyone that has offered suggestions.
And Good luck to all you other expected moms visiting the park!!!!!

Kim W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter