Preferred room at POP

kitkat4622

DIS Veteran
Is this resort so big that a preferred room is necessary? We stayed at movies without a preferred room and didnt find it horrible. Is POP that much bigger

Is this resort so big that a preferred room is necessary? We stayed at movies without a preferred room and didnt find it horrible. Is POP that much bigger

In our opinion, no. We don't feel preferred is worth the extra $$ at any WDW resort.

From some rooms of the 90s building to the Main Building it is quite a hike.

I would book preferred because it is too far for a quick walk for a mug refill or getting a snack.

If POP non preferred rooms would be the only rooms on property left I would take them. The walk is a few minutes and can be very long in the heat, but other resorts have even longer distances to walk.

All in all I am not the biggest fan of the values, but some years ago we stayed in a preferred pool view at POP. It was noisy during the day, but the walk to the main building is not worth to mention. Just a few steps, very convenient!

We book standard and never had a room that seemed that far away. Some in fact, are quite close. I do try for first floor because I have a bad back and stairs are a problem - with the elevator being in the middle of the building - we might have extra walking to the elevator and doubling back to the room depending on where our room is. For some reason we usually get a room in our building that is closest to the main building. Usually an end room. We have really good Pop luck :)

a friend and I stayed in building 6 (the one with the Mickeyphone in front) in May, and she remarked how close the building was to the main building. And this was a standard room.

We always request 50's building 1 but standard view, you might get the parking lot or the back side of the resort but often we got a view of the bowling pin pool. Either way I think the only building we thought was a little longer was buildings in the 80's and 90's area and even then it's not that bad.

I don't think it's worth it in any resort. Especially if you're at a value and have a car. If the walk is really that long for you, you can just hop in the car and drive to the front. At Pop! I wouldn't even say it's more than a 5 minute walk from the 90's.

thanks for all the feedback. walking is not an issue, people who have been said "omg you better get a preferred room" the resort is HUGE...I love all the feedback, thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter