Predicting Typhoon Lagoon’s Operation?

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

I’m a former Disney Cast Member with some complimentary admission tickets that I need to use up with my first park day starting no later than September 22nd of this year. I’ve taken my partner to WDW a few times now and each time I’ve missed being able to take them to Typhoon Lagoon, it’s always been Blizzard Beach. Which, I like Blizzard Beach just fine, but I want them to see the other water park for once… I wouldn’t mind going when both are open, but I believe that only occurs in the summertime season.

My original plan was to go in late September and stay a few days or so into October and *HOPEFULLY* be able to catch REAL Halloween season this year with the Hocus Pocus show and the fireworks and everything… we went to Boo Bash last year and that’s what really irked me about it… that it was lacking those components. So, while we’d like to stick with this plan, I have a feeling there may be a chance that Typhoon will close and Blizzard will be the one back in action for September and a bit of October… is this generally the case for it?

I see that Typhoon Lagoon just reopened, but I’m wondering if somebody with a bit of water park knowhow with regards to how Disney staggers the open/closed status of them thinks when we should plan for to ensure Typhoon is for sure open, and of course, we wouldn’t mind if Blizzard was as well, but we can leave it if it means getting Typhoon. We DID want to go after Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind was open though, which I believe, will be a spring or summer thing for this year. We just were hoping to catch the Halloween season, but that may not be possible if Typhoon will be tricky… unless perhaps it means we’d have to go late August and into September to catch both? I was just hoping we’d be able to celebrate EPCOT’s 40th, but if we go that early, we wouldn’t.

Hmm… decisions, decisions… hopefully somebody can shed some light on a potential best way to juggle and accommodate these things?

Thanks!

I would assume that, given Blizzard is closed now, that Typhoon will be the next to close. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an October visit.

I would assume that, given Blizzard is closed now, that Typhoon will be the next to close. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up for an October visit.

Yeah, I would figure that October might be an unlikely time for it to be open… but I’m not sure about late September. Just difficult to suss out weather or not it’d be closed in that Sept 21 thru the end of the month timeframe or not. If so, maybe a late August crossing into September timeframe for a trip would be a better bet… but I’d really prefer late September crossing into October, but if TL is open all of September but closed in October, we’d just pick a day to go in late September then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter