Pre-race meal in Disneyland

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
Any good recommendations for a pre-race meal in Disneyland? Looking for a good meal before the Tinkerbell 1/2 in January. preferably in Park, but didn't really like the menu of Wine Country in DCA.

I checked out the Pasta Party with RunDisney and it seemed too pricey for me. I, too, have been checking out the menus trying to find something that would work for me. I really found nothing that interested me. There is Pasta at the Plaza in DL, but, I wasn't too keen on it. Since I have a gift card for The Cheesecake Factory, my DD and I are going to have our pre-race meal there. It is at the Garden Park, or whatever it is called, just outside DLR. Our plan is to leave the Parks, have dinner, and then go to the hotel and relax for an early bedtime.

As a runner with a sensitive stomach, I would think that no one can answer that without knowing what works for you.

Any good recommendations for a pre-race meal in Disneyland? Looking for a good meal before the Tinkerbell 1/2 in January. preferably in Park, but didn't really like the menu of Wine Country in DCA.

Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta - some good pastas that aren't too heavy, not too expensive and made with decent enough ingredients.

I second Naples for carbing up on Fri. They have a good selection. I did the Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta a few years back and they were okay. I also had some pasta at the Plaza Inn and it wasn't too bad. The night before I usually go to ESPN Zone ~ you can get a grilled chicken breast and baked potato and it's good. And the nice thing is you can get them to go. You could also try the French Market in NOS or maybe even Carthay Circle if you want to stay in the parks.

I know it is not in Disneyland, but we had Marri's delivered before running the Disneyland Half. It's rather inexpensive and the portions are huge. We always order pizza from there one night of our stay, but the pasta was great too.

booked an ADR today for Naples! Thanks for the suggestion.....we may do Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta for Friday night before the Tink 10K!

We always eat at Naples in DTD before I run Tinker Bell. I've never had a bad meal there!

I too always go to Naples. They usually have a runners meal special during race weekends. I would recommend you make a reserversation as soon as you can unless you don't mind waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter