pre-planning for Dec 2023

etzmn123

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone! Dusting off the ol' disboards account because we are FINALLY planning another trip. I haven't been since 2018 and wow, a lot has changed since then. My husband and I have a baby girl who will be 16 months old next December. I also have a mother-in-law who is turning 70 and finally retiring in 2023 and has never been to any Disney park. So it's time!

My plan is to rent points for 2 studios at Poly, ideally connecting, but I know that's no guarantee. Hopefully at least near each other. Would it be best to reserve both in my name, or one in mine and one in my MIL's? I was thinking it might be more likely to get connecting rooms if they are both in my name but maybe it doesn't matter and there's a better reason to have the other one in her name since she'll actually be staying in it? what do you guys think?

My sister also might be joining us for just 2 days or so, is it easy to add an extra guest just for part of the stay?

My plan is to rent points for 2 studios at Poly, ideally connecting, but I know that's no guarantee. Hopefully at least near each other. Would it be best to reserve both in my name, or one in mine and one in my MIL's? I was thinking it might be more likely to get connecting rooms if they are both in my name but maybe it doesn't matter and there's a better reason to have the other one in her name since she'll actually be staying in it? what do you guys think?

My sister also might be joining us for just 2 days or so, is it easy to add an extra guest just for part of the stay?
It's best to only list those staying in the room on the reservation for that particular room. Since nearly all Poly studios connect to another studio, it's not typically an issue getting connecting studios.

As for your sister, just add her to which ever room she would be staying in for the entire stay.

It's best to only list those staying in the room on the reservation for that particular room. Since nearly all Poly studios connect to another studio, it's not typically an issue getting connecting studios.

As for your sister, just add her to which ever room she would be staying in for the entire stay.
Thank you!

Everyone staying in the room needs listed on the reservation to connect them to Park Reservations for resort guests. You will need My Disney Experience account setup for everyone. For adults and older teens, they should setup their own accounts.

I requested connecting studios (std view) in May (Thursday check in through Memorial Day). DH and I in one room and DD22 and DS18 in the other room. We got side by side rooms in Pago Pago but they weren’t connecting. We went to the front desk and asked again, but we would have had to move on day 2. Worked out OK and at least we didn’t have to look at the parking lot.

I requested connecting studios (std view) in May (Thursday check in through Memorial Day). DH and I in one room and DD22 and DS18 in the other room. We got side by side rooms in Pago Pago but they weren’t connecting. We went to the front desk and asked again, but we would have had to move on day 2. Worked out OK and at least we didn’t have to look at the parking lot.
Thanks for sharing your experience! We would definitely make it work if they were just side by side. Connecting would be better though so we could hang out in the other room when our 1yo is asleep.

I’m now also considering getting a 2br somewhere else instead. I can’t decide! We’ve stayed at SSR and OKW and were happy with both. We’ll have a car this trip (with ADA parking since my MIL will be with us). I’d also love to stay at an Epcot resort since we’ve never done that…. Hmm so many options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter