pre-paid cell phone

simonmunro

DIS Veteran
I read about a pre-paid cell phone (like the disposable camera theory) that you can buy to use on vacation. Our pre-paid plan doesn't work in Central Florida. Can anyone tell me where you buy these, how much they are, etc.? I'd like to have them before we arrive if possible. Thanks.

I will buy one of these rather than two way radios. I will select the plan I have been using for years, Verizon. You can go to Verizonwireless.com or any store near you to check out what they offer.

Whatever you choose, stay away from Sprint's progtrams! You'll have a cnversation and two inches away you won't have a connection. Verizon always works for me everywhere, inside buildings, between them, what have you.

I keep seeing ads at Walmart. Of course I can't locate the ad now. I think it is called Trac Fone or something like that. You buy a phone for about $80 and you then buy the minutes. It says no contract required. When you run of out your minutes you just buy more. Try going on walmart.com and looking on their website.

I have a Virgin Mobile prepaid cellular phone I bought from Best Buy the saturday after Thanksgiving for $59 with a $20 gift card at time of purchase which I used to buy airtime. Virgin Mobile uses Sprint Pcs's towers. As stated above Tree of Life had some difficulties with Sprint's reception and dropping out , while I was there I didn't have a problem with my phone reception.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter