Pre-Ordering Magicbands for Canadians

GeekOut Toybox

Earning My Ears
I have a reservation for the Poly coming up in February and I was hoping to pre-order some Magicbands like we did when we stayed at Riverside in 2022 but we can't!

In 2022, I was able to order our bands and, as I live in Canada, we only had the option to pick it up at the resort. This time, I get the following message:

Due to your region, you will not be able to proceed with your MagicBand purchase. For assistance, please call Guest Services at (407) 939-4357.

Before I contact guest services or ask my TA, I wanted to ask: Have they stopped providing the option to ship to the resort for Canadians or do they have incorrect information? Any fellow Canadians having a similar experience?

Magicbands for pre-arrival are only shipped to US addresses now. Sad.

Fellow Canadian here. I have the same message on my upcoming February trip. When I spoke with guest services about something else, I asked about this message. I was told that magic bands may be available to order closer to the trip (with pickup at the resort). I'm not really sure that this is accurate information though as he seemed a little confused about the whole thing. Hopefully someone will have a more concrete answer for you.

Fellow Canadian here. I have the same message on my upcoming February trip. When I spoke with guest services about something else, I asked about this message. I was told that magic bands may be available to order closer to the trip (with pickup at the resort). I'm not really sure that this is accurate information though as he seemed a little confused about the whole thing. Hopefully someone will have a more concrete answer for you.
That would make more sense. You should be able to pick them up at the FD, I think there was discussion around that in the thread posted above. It came up within the last few months.

no longer available to anyone who doesn't live in the USA. Yes, we used to be able to order them and the would be waiting at the front desk. This won't be coming back either, just one more thing we've lost. Can't even get the discount applied to a band in the gift shop. We just bring old ones with us, they work for anything touch based, including opening door and entering parks but not for the long range things like ride pictures. We were able to order them for our trip in 2020 but not for the one in February of 2023.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter