Pre-cruise Miami Hotel?

Xalthon

Mouseketeer
We have a RCCL cruise booked for our family of 4. The 2 kids likely will need booster seats, which we can probably lug along on the plane. So the question is, are there any recommended hotels to use near Miami when arriving the day before the cruise? Concerns are how we would get all of us and our luggage to the hotel from the airport, and how to get from hotel to cruise terminal.

Thanks in advance!

We stayed at the Courtyard near the Miami Airport for our recent RCCL cruise. They offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, although it stops running after 10pm (our flight was delayed and arrived after 10pm). If the shuttle isn't available, you can arrange for an XL size Uber/Lyft that should accommodate the 4 of you plus luggage. There might also be shuttle bus services sitting by the curb waiting to take people (although those are usually a higher fee than rideshares).

Also, you can take similar XL size rideshare to the cruise port from your hotel.

We stayed at the Courtyard near the Miami Airport for our recent RCCL cruise. They offer a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, although it stops running after 10pm (our flight was delayed and arrived after 10pm). If the shuttle isn't available, you can arrange for an XL size Uber/Lyft that should accommodate the 4 of you plus luggage. There might also be shuttle bus services sitting by the curb waiting to take people (although those are usually a higher fee than rideshares).

Also, you can take similar XL size rideshare to the cruise port from your hotel.

Thanks for your insight!

Thanks for your insight!
Forgot to mention, the bellhop people at the hotel will also arrange a shuttle bus for you as well to the cruise port if you want. We had casually suggested we might need one while lookup up rideshare info, and they had someone pull up within a couple of min before I could say we were ok with rideshare.

Is Uber the ride share of choice instead of Lyft for getting a vehicle large enough for our party of 4 and luggage? I've never used Uber, so I would have to get account and download the app. I've only used Lyft at WDW.

Is Uber the ride share of choice instead of Lyft for getting a vehicle large enough for our party of 4 and luggage? I've never used Uber, so I would have to get account and download the app. I've only used Lyft at WDW.
They are effectively the same... UberXL = LyftXL in terms of vehicle type. I usually keep both apps on my phone and price compare to see which service is cheaper at the moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter