Pre-cruise hotel in Barcelona

mjosburn

Earning My Ears
We’re staying two nights pre-cruise at the Hilton Diagonal Mar in Barcelona this May. Our confirmation email from Disney says “standard” for room type. For those who have stayed here before while booking through Disney, did the standard room come with breakfast each morning? Thank you.

We’re staying two nights pre-cruise at the Hilton Diagonal Mar in Barcelona this May. Our confirmation email from Disney says “standard” for room type. For those who have stayed here before while booking through Disney, did the standard room come with breakfast each morning? Thank you.
Usually, unless an hotel offers breakfast with all stays, rooms booked through DCL do not include breakfast. If you check the rates for that hotel, you’ll see that they have room-only rates and bed & breakfast rates. That means you will have to pay for breakfast. If you have kids, they say that their breakfast is free.

I stayed at that hotel (loved it) for one night before sailing from Barcelona back to NY a few years ago. I booked the hotel through DCL but I honestly don't remember if the room was considered standard or not. I believe I had breakfast included. I was solo and I remember saying it was a nice breakfast spread but I don't remember paying out of pocket at the restaurant.

My friend and I booked a pre night hotel with DCL in Budapest and it did come with breakfast included.

Here is the view from my room at the Hilton Diagonal Mar in Barcelona.

Hilton Diagonal Mar1.jpg Hilton Diagonal Mar2.jpg

MJ

We stayed at the Hilton Diagonal Mar pre cruise about two years ago It was booked through Disney and I believe the breakfast was included at the time. Disney has a desk at the hotel to answer any questions while you are there. Very helpful! Enjoy your trip!!

I would check their web site or email them about breakfast. We stayed at the DCL assigned Renaissance Hotel in Barcelona and loved it...great location for walking to many of the city's sites. Beware of pickpockets!! I was tagged at a gift shop across from Parc Guell...they got my day cash only. I had a money/passport belt around my waist. There is a lot to see in that city. We took a walking tour of the Gothic Quarter including the Picasso Museum...afterward we ate at the Three Cats restaurant (frequented by Picasso). Found the tour on line before we went. Also, you need tickets (booked for us by our great hotel staff) beforehand. We also booked via internet Gaudi's La Pedrera and La Sagrada Familia (included the tower elevator...one-way trip, you walk down). Check out Rick Steves books on Cruise Ports for some great info about Barcelona. I know it is very touristy, but La Rambla is worth a walk. Rick Steves has videos on all of this stuff. Also, security, as you can imagine (the La Rambla disaster was after we visited) is tight everywhere. Most sites will not allow backpacks and have armed guards and vehicles. If you like Dan Brown novels, check out "Origin," much of it takes place in Barcelona and some of the attractions mentioned above. Cruise on...

We stayed at the Diagonol last summer for 2 nights pre-cruise. We booked through DCL and breakfast was included both mornings. I might add that the breakfast layout was very nice and offered a lot of variety.

We stayed there in 2013 and IIRC breakfast buffet was included. Breakfast included is pretty typical with a lot of European hotels and all of the hotels we've stayed at pre- and post-cruise through Disney (3 in Barcelona and one in London) included breakfast.

We visited Barcelona last summer as well (land trip no cruise) and it was a few weeks after the terror attack on Las Ramblas. There were tons of flowers around the site. They would be removed and next day a ton again. Such a sad thing. We LOVED Barcelona. Spent five nights there and 4 nights in Portugal.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter