• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayer requests

RealMickeysGirl & RealMickey,

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.. Keep us posted and please let us know if you need anything! :grouphug:

RealMickeysGirl & RealMickey, my thoughts and prayers are with you all! Have a safe trip to MS, and I'll keep your family in my prayers. Hugs and pixie dust to you!! :grouphug:

Mickster :grouphug: Sorry for your loss. God Speed

Real Mickeys Girl prayers being said for your dad. :wizard: :grouphug: Good healing thoughts coming your way!

Mickster, so sorry for you loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug:

Real Mickeys Girl, hope you dad gets better real soon. I will be sending good thoughts your way. :wizard:

The swelling on the right side of his brain has gone down but the left side didn't so they put in a second drain for that side. They did another ct scan last night and the doc called me this morning to say that there was some improvement from the second drain.

Vitals are still good but they tried tube feeding him and it isn't digesting properly so they are backing off on that for a while. They said they are going to keep him sedated all weekend and the neurosurgeon will be back in to see him Monday.

We are driving back to Montgomery tomorrow (Sunday). Bringing my mom, brother and sis-in-law with us. I will be driving back to Jackson Thursday to put my sil and maybe bro on the plane back to BC. My brother wants to stay longer but there really isn't anythng he can do. I think my sil really wants him to come back with her but she understands that he wants to stay. They are a little over one month before their first anniversary and she is afraid that if he says he won't go back - there is no reason for her fears but I know they are there and keep trying to reasure her.

I am going to leave a note for the neurosurgeon to call me after he sees dad Monday so I can get an update.

I need to go back to work Monday and DH on Tueseday. Running out of leave so I have to figure out how to take the needed time off.

I will try to post an update again after I hear from either his doc or neurodoc Monday.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes, thoughts and prayers. He needs all he can get.

Sandy

Thanks for the update RealMickeysGirl..
Thoughts and prayers are still with you and everyone that needs them!!!

Mickster :grouphug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug: :grouphug:

RealMickeysGirl -- lots of prayers for your dad!! :grouphug:

I'll pray for both of your families!!

RealMickeysGirl, I have been thinking about you. I'm still praying for your dad. :grouphug:

real mickeys girl,
sending more pixie dust and prayers your way. :wizard: :grouphug:

Update on Noah.

Noah has been doing pretty well. He finished his last round of chemo strong and even got to come home for a while this week. BUT, he goes back to St. Jude's on Sunday and starts the first of three treatments to do stem cell replacements. This is massive chemo. They told his mom he will be in intensive care for most of the treatments so they can monitor for organ failure. He probably won't leave the hospital for a month or more. But God has provided us a miracle in modern medicine, and that is what we hope for. Please pray for knowledge for the doctors, peace for the family, and a miracle for this little guy.

Prayers and good thoughts for Noah and his family. KAMommy, keep us informed with is progress.

Update on my dad
I drove to MS after work Wednesday - made for a very long day. We got a hotel room, got up early to go see dad at the hospital.
He opens his eyes now - I believe that he recognized both me and my brother but I can't be sure. He follows simple commands (hold up 1 finger, hold up 2 fingers, give thumbs up). He is still moving his left side more than his right side but the nurse said that isn't uncommon.

Put my brother and sister-in-law on the plane back to BC, picked up my mom's dog from the vet (she has been missing him so much that I decided to try to keep him instead of finding him a new home), went by the house to pickup mail and a few things mom needed and then headed back to Montgomery.

I must say the dog (Teddy) was a dream to travel with. He is very sweet and I know he used to ride around with my dad in the cab of his truck so I knew he handled riding well but he was very well behaved. I am actually looking forward to taking him to the park for walks.

Mom is doing fine - still wishes she were closer to dad for visits but understands that she can't stay alone.

Thanks for all the prayers and good wishes - keep it up please - it is working.

Sandy

Lots of prayers still being said for you and your family Sandy!! I'm glad to hear your dad is responding.. Glad to hear Teddy will be home w/ mom for a while.. that will help her too... Keep us posted!

I posted this somewhere else - I think on a swap or something but here is an update on my dad.

I talked with his neurosurgeon yesterday - dad is still improving, still following commands to move his hands and feet. He has started talking but some of what he says doesn't make sense. The doc says he keeps talking about Paris Island - and even asked me if my dad had been a marine - well, he had but it was over 40 years ago.

They have removed one drain from his brain and he has been off the ventilator since Saturday. They are going to do another ct scan to be sure the spinal fluid isn't backing up again and if everything looks ok, they will remove the other drain some time this week.

They are testing his swallowing and if that looks fine, they will change his diet to more "normal" food - if any hospital food can be called normal. Probably next week, they will do another mri and an artereogram (I may have spelled that wrong - I am not really sure what it is) to determine how to repair the AVM. The doc said that surgery is out because of where it is located - it would do more harm than good to cut into the brain there.

I want to take my mom for a visit but I don't want her to be upset if he doesn't recoginze her. She said several times yesterday "I hope he knows me". If things keep looking up, I think I will try to take her the weekend of the 21st. Of course, my brother thinks we should be driving over every weekend and I would if I thought it would do any good. The doc still thinks he won't know us yet.

Dad still has an uphill struggle but hopefully he will get back most of his motor function and speech.

Thanks to all who have him on your prayer lists and who have sent such nice emails. I do believe he wouldn't be doing so well if he didn't have so many people praying for him and sending him good healing energy.

Thanks again,
Sandy

Lots of prayes still going out for Noah (KAMommy) and Dad (RealMickeysGirl).. I hope things continue to improve for both of them..
Keep us posted!!! :)

They moved him to a room yesterday afternoon and I got to actually talk to him on the phone.

It was so good to hear his voice again - his words are a little slurred but that is to be expected at this stage.

He is very tired - but who wouldn't be after being immoble in a bed in critical care for almost 3 weeks.

My mom has perked up a lot to - just knowing he has improved enough to be put in a room. I'm hoping she will call him today and talk to him - I think she is still a little worried that he won't remember her but he told a friend of his this morning that he talked to me last night so his memory seems to be working fine. He does sometimes wake up unsure of where he is but that is suposedly normal for people in his situation.

They are doing a test today (I can't remember what it is called - pictures of the brain with dye) so hopefully, they will decide on the best treatment for the AVM soon.

Thanks again to all who are keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

I can't describe how happy I am to have been able to hear his voice last night.

Great news Sandy!!! That is just great!!!
I'm so glad to hear he is in his own room and talking on the phone!!!
Continued prayers and pixie dust!
I hope your mom calls him today!!! ;)

that's wonderful news sandy!!!!!
i will keep you in my prayers. sending more pixie dust and hugs! :grouphug: :wizard:

That's great, Sandy!! Prayers and pixie dust still coming your way!!! I hope your mom got to talk to your dad!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter