Practical question : booking FP using After Hours ticket

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I've read that once able to attach an After Hours ticket to your MDE account you will be able to book FP for a time after you are allowed in the park. I'm hoping to attend an AK after hours event in March, but have yet to buy my ticket.

Once i buy a ticket, am I only able to add them to my MDE once I have them in hand? Or will they send me some sort of code that will enable me to add it to my account, and thus be able to book a FP?

I bought my ticket from Disney and it was automatically in my MDE account. They also sent an email that has a barcode.

Depends on how you buy them. If you buy online, the tickets will be linked to whatever profile you assign them to and you can then make FPs for your date (assuming you have no other park plans/FPs booked that day).

I had exactly what @zemmer happen. When I bought my AH tickets for MK, they automatically showed up in my MDE, and I also received an email with a barcode for the AH event, that I will save just in case.

Thanks.
Currently I have a non-expiry ticket with one day left left on my MDE account, which we will use up the day before we plan to attend AK AH. Will the MDE accounts allow two tickets that could each. E used to book FP’s?

Thanks.
Currently I have a non-expiry ticket with one day left left on my MDE account, which we will use up the day before we plan to attend AK AH. Will the MDE accounts allow two tickets that could each. E used to book FP’s?
Yes, most people who have an AH event ticket have other tickets associated with their account. I have an AP and never had a problem, it just shows up as two tickets in your account, with the AH ticket being associated with a specific date.

Thanks.
Not for the same day, in case that’s what you’re asking. But you can book on each day you have tickets available for.

Please clarify this all for me: does it mean that you are not allowed to have fast passes booked for DAH event if you also have a park ticket that you are using that day with fast passes?

Please clarify this all for me: does it mean that you are not allowed to have fast passes booked for DAH event if you also have a park ticket that you are using that day with fast passes?
Yes, you can only pre-book 3 fastpasses per day so if you are going to be in another park the day you attend AH and have booked your 3 fastpasses for that first park you cant book another 3 using your AH ticket. But you can certainly look for an extra fastpass for that AH park after you have used your other 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter