PPO at MK Anyone experiences this recently?

Momtwofour

DIS Veteran
Someone who was at MK on Saturday had a PPO BOG and said the CMs held them and would not let them get inline for 7dmt until the rope drop people got there. Anyone else experience this recently??? She said they held them in the walkway of the castle and she never clarified but I’m guessing she meant the BOG castle???

Someone who was at MK on Saturday had a PPO BOG and said the CMs held them and would not let them get inline for 7dmt until the rope drop people got there. Anyone else experience this recently??? She said they held them in the walkway of the castle and she never clarified but I’m guessing she meant the BOG castle???

There have been sporadic reports of this happening. Sounds like a rogue CM wanting to make things "fair" for everyone.

Yeah, you see reports of this from time to time. A good reminder that exact opening, rope drop, PPO, etc. procedures can sometimes vary on any given day at WDW.

Yep. Absolutely. I'm not sure that it can be chalked up to a 'rogue' CM. I've seen it on several trips now.

Just a reminder that having a reservation at any Disney park restaurant before official park open does NOT guarantee a front of the line access to anywhere else in the park other than your restaurant. Has it happened? yes. Is it included with the experience you booked (eating at a restaurant)? No.

For the amount they charge for the BOG breakfast, early access should be included.

The food certainly isn't worth that much.

Either way, though, it should be consistent. Inconsistency is the one thing that can guarantee guest disappointment and complaints.
But that is my point. It is not included and any guest complaint on that point will be met by deaf ears because it is not part of the dining experience

When we did the PPO breakfast we were held at the walkway just outside the BOG right where you would turn left to 7DMT. When rope drop happened and the guests were coming in for the standby line we were allowed to enter the FP+ line. We got one ride and then we'd have to join the now full standby line.

I would never book PPO BOG expecting any perks other than having eaten before park opening therefore not wasting golden hour. If you are looking for the ride perk or advantage, book EMM.

Last edited:
But that is my point. It is not included and any guest complaint on that point will be met by deaf ears because it is not part of the dining experience
I agree with you here.

But, offering the extra (though technically not included) perk inconsistently opens them up to complaints and dissatisfaction. Either they should always offer it (barring technical issues with the ride, but then they can offer a FP for it) or never allow it.

If they never do it, people won't complain, either.

For the amount they charge for the BOG breakfast, early access should be included.

The food certainly isn't worth that much.

Either way, though, it should be consistent. Inconsistency is the one thing that can guarantee guest disappointment and complaints.

Agreed. I know it’s not guaranteed, but they have to know the early ride access is the reason many people book the breakfast. From a pure value standpoint, if people were just wanting to eat at BOG, lunch is a better deal. I know lunch means giving up midday ride time, for our family we’re ready for a break by then so we don’t consider it a drawback, but others would argue berakfast has some value added for that.

I have to think if it becomes common for them to hold PPO guests that they’re going to see a drop in bookings for breakfast. I wouldn’t book it if I didn’t think I had at least a good shot at an early ride.

I agree with you here.

But, offering the extra (though technically not included) perk inconsistently opens them up to complaints and dissatisfaction. Either they should always offer it (barring technical issues with the ride, but then they can offer a FP for it) or never allow it.

If they never do it, people won't complain, either.

But that's the nature of pixie dust, isn't it? To be given something as an extra that wasn't included in your park ticket, resort reservation or ADR. Pixie dust is completely inconsistent. I really hope you don't want them to never allow pixie dust! I agree with the PP who suggested if you really want that first ride (or multiple rides) on 7DMT, you need to book the event that guarantees that - EMM. Don't leave it to pixie dust because you may not get it!

Other than a CM just wanting to impose their will on guests, why would they hold people back? The only effect is angry guests. Nobody gets hurt letting it play out as people have become accustomed to (right or wrong). It’s not enough people to impact rope droppers significantly.

Really, it seems like a CM on a power trip since it’s obviously not a set policy.

But that's the nature of pixie dust, isn't it? To be given something as an extra that wasn't included in your park ticket, resort reservation or ADR. Pixie dust is completely inconsistent. I really hope you don't want them to never allow pixie dust! I agree with the PP who suggested if you really want that first ride (or multiple rides) on 7DMT, you need to book the event that guarantees that - EMM. Don't leave it to pixie dust because you may not get it!
Pixie dust is random unexpected surprises to delight the guest.

If an extra is so often given that it becomes expected, then that is something different.

Not getting pixie dust does not lead to disappointment.

Not getting something expected does lead to disappointment (whether that something is technically included or not).

I don't consider paying $28 for a small breakfast "pixie dust" if I get to ride 7D with a short wait. Disney knows that's why people are willing to pay that amount of money, since they get that short line for a very popular ride.
If it seems like this will be a trend, I see many open tables for breakfast at BOG.
It's not entitlement when Disney has historically allowed PPO at BOG to ride 7D before rope drop crowd

I don't consider paying $28 for a small breakfast "pixie dust" if I get to ride 7D with a short wait. Disney knows that's why people are willing to pay that amount of money, since they get that short line for a very popular ride.
If it seems like this will be a trend, I see many open tables for breakfast at BOG.
It's not entitlement when Disney has historically allowed PPO at BOG to ride 7D before rope drop crowd
Disney also knows that people are willing to pay almost three times that to guarantee access to SDMT during EMM. So it's no wonder the company would rather not encourage the idea that ride access is a given with breakfast.

I agree with the fact that "expected" doesn't mean "guaranteed", if it is not stated on the event you're attending.

When you book PPO breakfast, you know you're only paying for the actual breakfast at the restaurant of your choice. You know the prices and you're still making it your choice. Low-ppl park photos, and earlier entry to the park to get to your restaurant are a given for you to get there. Nothing else. It doesn't say anything about letting you in rides before opening, or FP+ included for any ride.

I doubt this trend will affect BOG Breakfast in any way, as you usually have ALL breakfast spots fully booked (both PPO and after opening).

I'm guessing that now, having an actual event for pre-opening rides, as it is EMM, then they will stop allowing this to happen to encourage EMM assistance as someone mentioned.

So, #1 rule of WDW, do NOT expect more than what you're offered. IF you do get more, great, but if you don't then remember what you were offered in the first place.

Other than a CM just wanting to impose their will on guests, why would they hold people back? The only effect is angry guests. Nobody gets hurt letting it play out as people have become accustomed to (right or wrong). It’s not enough people to impact rope droppers significantly.

Really, it seems like a CM on a power trip since it’s obviously not a set policy.
it's not the CM "imposing their will on guests" or "on a power trip" it's their job. You don't know what the set policy is. And the "effect" is angry guests that have waited up to an hour to rope drop 7DMT in the general line only to get to the entrance and meet all the people that had PPO breakfast already there.
In a perfect world there wouldn't be any inconsistency but that is not the case, so expecting to get early access to the line before other people just because it was done before is not the right approach, only expect was it written in the description, not anything else even if it has happened before

Pixie dust is random unexpected surprises to delight the guest.

If an extra is so often given that it becomes expected, then that is something different.

Not getting pixie dust does not lead to disappointment.

Not getting something expected does lead to disappointment (whether that something is technically included or not).
Very true. Offer an extra enough it becomes part of the package. At least in perception.
it's not the CM "imposing their will on guests" or "on a power trip" it's their job. You don't know what the set policy is. And the "effect" is angry guests that have waited up to an hour to rope drop 7DMT in the general line only to get to the entrance and meet all the people that had PPO breakfast already there.
In a perfect world there wouldn't be any inconsistency but that is not the case, so expecting to get early access to the line before other people just because it was done before is not the right approach, only expect was it written in the description, not anything else even if it has happened before
White Knight it all you want, it still makes zero sense to be inconsistent on this. It is not a policy or it would be enforced more than not enforced. It is rare that someone holds guests back from PPO BOG, that alone tells me that holding back is the inconsistent action.

Very true. Offer an extra enough it becomes part of the package. At least in perception.

White Knight it all you want, it still makes zero sense to be inconsistent on this. It is not a policy or it would be enforced more than not enforced. It is rare that someone holds guests back from PPO BOG, that alone tells me that holding back is the inconsistent action.
I'm agreeing with you on the inconsistency issues, but again, you don't know if it's policy or not.
For example, policy is to ask for a picture I.D. at the toll plazas of the parks when you are showing your Annual Pass. I've been an Orlando resident and AP holder for the past 20 years, and this policy is extremely inconsistent, Epcot almost always asks for a picture I.D., while AK and MK sometimes do and DHS, well I just give them my MB for them to scan and they wave me through without even scanning...that's just one thing
We see inconsistency in every department at WDW, from refunding, non refundable tickets to allowing adults to eat out of the kids menu.
What I'm saying is that you should not expect to get in earlier just because it has happened before, it's not written down anywhere on your BOG reservation, don't expect it to happen and most importantly don't get upset because it didn't happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter