PPing in the potty (DD3)?

Eric Julie and Hailey

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
This is probably better suited for a parenting board -- but, we're leaving Thursday for the World and the Magic - so here I am...

My DD3 (just turned) was fully daytime potty trained (she had to be to move into nursery school). For months she had NO accidents. The past two weeks she has had "accidents" at least once a day.

She's very excited about going to WDW. Do you think she's too excited? Anyone have any experience with this?

We're most concerned about the Club on the Magic. She can't go if she's having accidents.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Bet it is just that excitment over the trip ,but if it was me I would take her to the doctor before you go just to rule out a urinary track infection. With little girls this is often the only sympton. I would hate to go thinking it was just excitment and it become a full infection there.As a teacher I have seen this happen a lot with little girls. If it turns out to be just excitment I would just put pull ups on her for the trip. A urinary accident would not have to be changed for the few hours she is at the club.Those pull ups would keep her pretty dry. Remeber stress will make it worse if it is just excitment. Telling her if she can stay dry, she can go to the club might backfire.

Jordan's mom

The Oceaneer Club on the Magic does not allow pull ups. It's 100% potty trained -- or pay $6 per hour for the nusery (no characters, games, activities, etc.)

Sigh.

I agree with the above poster - always rule out at UTI. After that I would try and forget about the trip while dealing with this. My girls had temporary setbacks after training and it always went away. Clean them up and go on with not to much weight on the accident. Hopefully it will work itself out before hand! If not -can you make the decision on a daily basis where to send her. If she is feeling the stress it will likely heighten the problem. Good Luck and either way you will have lots of fun.
TJ

Thanks! Great advice. We already contacted the doctor. he said to watch for other symptoms. We're going to get a test done on Monday to be sure.

I'm sure it will be fine (today she was accident free - but, we reminded her hourly.)

Thanks again.

have the Dr check for surface bacteria and clean catch urine.
Me dd gets a surface irritation that causes problems but not a full fledged UTI
The ped said to give her plenty of cranberry juice and water, and to bathe her with baking soda. It worked great.

When my ds was 3, he was still in pull-ups at night. We just had him wear pull-ups all the time at the parks (just in case). He was fine with it, and we didn't have to worry about being in line for a ride and him needing to go to the bathroom. A few months later he was out of pull-ups completely, even at night. It didn't hurt him, and it made things much more stress-free. Maybe consider that and skip the daycare until a later trip?
ps- our dd is now 2.5 and completely daytime potty trained but she has said she'll do the same thing for our trip in two weeks, as she does have accidents a little bit still. ds is 4.5 now so he's no problem now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter