PPH

scanmom

DIS Veteran
So, I'm going to DLR the 1st week of May with my daughter and sister (All adults). We have the PPH booked, my daughter wants to stay in a nice hotel, preferably on site. We stayed there years ago, and it was ok, but in the middle of a remodeling. How is it now? It's obviously the cheapest of the on site options, and we checked into renting DVC points for a studio at GCV, but no availability through Davids DVC rentals. Is there another reputable website to check for GCV availability? I know we would rather stay there.

DVC rental is extremely unlikely unless you can find a confirmed reservation to rent. As a member, I ran a search and all rooms were unavailable for DVC at GCV for the first week of May. Typically rooms are all booked for the DVC side even by the 7 month window.

Honestly, my opinion with PPH is that if EMH isn't back, don't bother.

Yes, technically it is "on site" - but the only benefit of staying on site at the moment is proximity to the parks. PPH is further away from the gates then several of the hotels on Harbor.

My cousins stayed there so they could be "on-site" but did not care for it at all. They commented about the walk, room size, and the elevator taking forever. I would recommend an off-site hotel if DLH/GCH are not an option. The Westin is getting pretty good reviews and may be better suited, even if it is a bit longer of a walk.

What year did PPH remove the private entrance into DCA? What was the reasoning behind this? To me that was a nice perk when I stayed there but that was probably 20 years ago.

I would check the board sponsor. They have a rental site that often has reservations for rent. The dates are already booked and specific, so you might have to alter your dates a little bit.

I haven't stayed at PPH in decades. I hope they have reopened some type of food service. A couple months ago, they still weren't offering anything. The new Westin and the new JW Marriott both have several options for food onsite and while they are not "on property" they will have nicer accomodations for about half the cost of PPH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter