• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PPH or DLH?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
Is it worth it (in your opinion - I and know opinions differ) that the $370 is worth it between the PPH and DLH (both standard rooms)? That works out to $92 more a night.

I love the DLH but I'm also trying out the PPH this trip to save a little cash. I'm not going til march but I'm sure other will weigh in soon.

I am in the opposite boat - trying to figure out if we should splurge on the DLH. We stay last year at the PPH and we loved it. It was a perfect walk, clean and enough of everything for my boys. My 5 year old saw a pic of the pool at the DLH and now wants to go there. Trying to figure out if the extra money for the pool is worth it since we are only at the hotel for a few hours in the afternoon.

Well that is subjective. My boys were 9 and 10 when we were there in may. When we were at Disneyland I got a little annoyed because I wanted to ride Alice 20 minute wait and story book boats....but my boys wanted to go back to the hotel to swim. I kept thinking about the pools close to our home and how we were at disney land and they just wanted to swim? Anyway it's a vacation so I caved I never rode Alice and now it will be closed in march when we go! If its only for the pool I say save the money and splurge else where.

Having stayed at both my families preference is the DLH. I'd say alot depends on the time of year you are going. If you plan on spending your afternoons by the pool, then I would definately go with DLH. Their pool area can't be beat.

We have stayed in suites at both hotels. We prefer the PPH for everything except the pool. The pools at DLH are wonderful.

Since we are going in March (not warm enough for lots of pool time), my family decided on PPH. With the savings we upgraded to concierge and theme park view. We use a AAA travel agent who is also a friend and whose opinion I really trust. She said she was pleasantly surprised at how nice PPH was. My family isn't too picky anyway so I'm sure we'll love it.

carriemd said:
Since we are going in March (not warm enough for lots of pool time), my family decided on PPH. With the savings we upgraded to concierge and theme park view. We use a AAA travel agent who is also a friend and whose opinion I really trust. She said she was pleasantly surprised at how nice PPH was. My family isn't too picky anyway so I'm sure we'll love it.

You'll love PPH, but don't count the pool out in March. We went swimming twice, and even rented a cabana half day, when we were there for Christmas last month.

I booked the PPH because I really want the magic morning and to still be in the disney bubble. It still has a water slide. People keep saying how awesome the pool is at DLH but honestly even though my kids loved it I wouldn't say I got 300 dollars worth of enjoyment out of it.

It is probably personal preference. I prefer the DLH, even more than GCH. 2 of my children agree with me, and two prefer GCH with my husband. PPH has great big rooms which is really nice but I don't like the long wait for the elevators and the feel of the "beach theme hotel". It is just not for me. DLH wins me over each time. You can not go wrong with either of the three really. There are people on the boards who are loyal to each one, so like I said, I think a lot is personal opinion. DLH is my #1 go to hotel for the theme, rooms, pool, restaurant, and grounds but that is just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

After staying at all three I am sold on PPH. My kids loved the waterslide and pool and a 15th floor theme park view room can't be beat. No other hotel in Anaheim has a view like that, at night it is magical!! I love that you can either cross the street to GCH or cut thru the DD parking lot to the monorail, the rooms are huge (2 beds and a sofa that folds flat to a bed) and although we usually stay concierge, even when we don't we've never had to wait for an elevator.

We much prefer DLH over PPH. 3 reasons...
1) Pool can not be beat at DLH.
2) Although PPH is closer than DLH...we HATE crossing Disneyland Drive. We prefer to walk in through DTD.
3) The elevators at PPH are horrible. Remember..ALWAYS hit the up button to go down. You will wait 15-20 minutes for an elevator in the morning. Catch one going up and you will be out of there in 2 minutes.

You'll love PPH, but don't count the pool out in March. We went swimming twice, and even rented a cabana half day, when we were there for Christmas last month.

Thanks. :) I am hopeful we will be able to have some pool time, and at least the kids will get to swim....what I should have said was, because of the time of year we're going, the pool issue wasn't enough to sway us to DLH. Swimming would be a nice bonus though. :p:

We are planning a trip in July ... My kids are going to be 22 ,19 and 12 at the time of travel ( Yes we are still going to Disney as a family ) that said we are WDW vets and have never been to DL but I too was wondering about DLH or PPH . I am all for DLH because I love the idea of the headboards and being in the Disney Bubble . My older two will be able to walk back through DTD to hang pool side if they want to and my little one just wants to go on the cool slides ...

We've stayed at both the DLH and PPH. Even if the cost were the same, PPH would be the hands down choice for everyone in my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter