• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PPF Question

Belia

Mouseketeer
Hello all-

Heading to DLR for the first time ever in a couple of weeks. On our first day we will be "rope dropping" (in quotations because while we'll be there first thing in the morning, we are not planning to be running to be at the very front of any line, KWIM?) Fantasyland.

I'm playing around with a Touring Plan and they recommend putting Peter Pan mid-morning, after pretty much all of the other dark rides. But, like, I know that's one of the slowest loading rides and I just cannot wrap my head around the fact that it would be more time-effective to put it right when the park is starting to get really packed.

Plus, I'm also not sure about our timing. Maybe we will be super early! The change in time zones helps us- 7:00 California time is going to feel like our normal 9:00.

So I guess my question to you veterans is- Is there a way to tell if the wait for PPF is shorter and we should go ahead and jump in the line? Like, "If the line is at XXX marker or less, go ahead and get in. Otherwise, just suck it up and plan to wait later in the day"? We can plan to walk past PPF on our way into FL and check it out first thing, but never having been to DLR I have no idea what I'm looking for.

Hope this makes sense!

I have been playing around with Touring Plans too, trying to find a good PPF time and like you, it always suggest doing it later in the day. The only reason I can see is because unless you are absolutely in the first twenty to thirty or so people to get on the ride in the first ten minutes the amount of time you would then be wasting standing in the line could be used to knock out just about every other ride in fantasyland before those too get long lines. I guess the idea is a better use of your rope drop time is to get all the fantasyland rides out of the way really early as walk ons, and then just accept that you will have to wait in a line to ride PPF no matter when you go so just leave it till later. Also I feel a good time to try and ride it would be when a parade is on if you have no interest in those.

I have been playing around with Touring Plans too, trying to find a good PPF time and like you, it always suggest doing it later in the day. The only reason I can see is because unless you are absolutely in the first twenty to thirty or so people to get on the ride in the first ten minutes the amount of time you would then be wasting standing in the line could be used to knock out just about every other ride in fantasyland before those too get long lines. I guess the idea is a better use of your rope drop time is to get all the fantasyland rides out of the way really early as walk ons, and then just accept that you will have to wait in a line to ride PPF no matter when you go so just leave it till later. Also I feel a good time to try and ride it would be when a parade is on if you have no interest in those.

I think that's what's happening too. Like, putting in first means a 25 minute wait while putting it last means a 35 minute wait. Not much in the grand scheme of things. I would just hate to inadvertently walk past a relatively short line first thing in the morning just because I don't know what "relatively short" looks like, KWIM?

I'd do Peter Pan first thing if it's important to you and you are going to be there early.

If you are not there early, it doesn't matter when you do it.... that line is perpetually 45 minutes whenever I'm there!

If the end of the Peter Pan line has not reached the chains on the outside of the queue, it’s a good time to hop in. We entered today when the end of the line was just to the inside of the chains and it was 23 minutes.

Edited to add: the posted wait time was 30 minutes

If the end of the Peter Pan line has not reached the chains on the outside of the queue, it’s a good time to hop in. We entered today when the end of the line was just to the inside of the chains and it was 23 minutes.

Edited to add: the posted wait time was 30 minutes

Thank you! This is exactly what I was hoping to learn! You made my day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter