• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PP vs DLH ??

pezpam

DIS Veteran
OK, so I've looked at the Disney website, but it's a bit vague, so I'm asking people who have actually been there. :sunny:

DD8 and I will be at DL for a few Feb days. I had planned on PP since we generally spend very little time in our hotel room. However, for 3 nights, I can go from a low-end PP room to a low-end DLH room for an $80 difference. I'm wondering what the difference in experiences would be between the two places?

The official website says seomthing about the DLH having more Pixie Dust than the other two, but doesn't say what the heck they mean by that, so it's really no help. lol :teeth:

Don't even think about it. Hands down DL hotel over PP. It's just nicer and if you only have to pay $80 more -- GO FOR IT! We have stayed at both. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the DL hotel! It's amazing.

Here's a few highlights. Personally I'd go for the DLH.

DLH is closer to the parks. It has an amazing Neverland pool with great theming and a waterslide. There is special wallpaper in the rooms with a border around the top that glows in the dark (here's the pixie dust). You will find more Disney touches throughout the hotel, in the decorations, carpeting, bedding, etc. Our favorite character meal, Goofy's Kitchen.

The rooms in the PP are a little bigger (at least ours was). A rebuilt pool now includes a waterslide. If you have a theme park view, its really a treat to look out onto CA, especially during the Electric Parade. It's less expensive. Sorry, but that's about it. You don't see as much Disney stuff around the PP. In the rooms all we had was Mickey soap, nothing else that would tell you it's a Disney hotel.

WE also stayed at the DH and PP we loved the DL but to tell you the truth the staff was nicer at the PP. :rolleyes1

I stayed at DLH with my family in August and PP alone in October. I really enjoyed both of them very much. We are going back in February and since my family hasnt stayed at PP, and obviously its less expensive, we are going there. I wouldnt hesitate to go back to either.

I like the PPH better. It seems newer and cleaner to me. We love it and won't stay anywhere else. The pool is better at the LDH thogh.

I love them both but prefer DLH a bit. By more pixie dust I assume they mean things like the pool area. DLH's pool is Peter Pan themed with a big pirate's ship in the middle, very cool. PP's pool is just a square, basic pool with a big slide. Also, the DLH pool has a Little Mermaid statue near the hottub and they play Disney music (calypso style) at the pool. The rooms at the DLH have pixie dust wallpaper border that if you leave the curtains open during the day, will glow in the dark at night. The bathrooms at the DLH have Mickey hands for towel racks. The tv cabinet has a park drawing etched on the doors. There are Disney themed pictures on the wall. PP is more of a beach theme with some nice Disney touches, like Mickey lamps but is not as Disneyish. The lobby of the DLH is very Disneyish, there is also huge Mickey icon in the driveway.

I like both hotels. If PP can save me some money, like more than $25 a night, I stay there. For example, I saved amost $700 over my 7 nights by staying at PP, that was a huge savings and not a problem for my family one bit! If however you are only going to save $80 for the whole trip than the DLH is obviously running a good deal you should jump on!

Ok, so I haven't been to PP but we stayed at the DLH last April and will go again in January. I loved the grounds, it was great to wander around in the evening and enjoy the sights. My dd 5 loved the remote control boats, and the pool. She really loved the disney touches in the room, mickey hands holding towels, and the pixy dust on the walls. The cm's were great and it was an easy and fun walk down dd disney to the parks.

I stayed at PP way back when it was the Pan Pacific...don't know if I can have an opinion here! LOL I personally would choose the DLH, even though I haven't stayed there either (am now local). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter