PP concierge or DLH standard?

enchantedny

Mouseketeer
This is my last resort question - I promise. I am driving my DH crazy. We can get PP concierge for the same price as a standard room at DLH. Which would you pick. My DH thinks it is a no-brainer and we should go with PP. I just love the look of the new DLH rooms. What would you do? Is it really that much further of a walk to PP. Keep in mind that we are from NY and walk regularly. Not to mention at WDW sometimes it is just a 7 minute walk to the nearest bust stop. Thank you all for your advice!

I would go with PPH concierge over the DLH without concierge any time.

BTW, if you cut through the GCH to get to PPH the walk is shorter than walking all the way down DTD to the DLH

PP for sure. View will be better. You might actually be closer to DL by taking the exit near the restaurant and taking the crosswalk at corner to the GC. Easy walk and I really think it is faster. We just got back from DL hotel May 10 and I wish I would have picked PP. We have stayed at both. Work was still being done on 3 out of 3 towers. DLH might tell you they are finished but depends on what you call finished. They were doing lobbies and fine tuning the remodel. Hope this helps

Oh ya having water available to take to park, small breakfast each day can tie you over for early lunches, snacks through out your stay, and beer, wine and other adult drinks available. That alone might save a family a bunch.

GL

I agree with the PP. We just returned from the Grand Californian. They opened the new pool at DLH this Sunday. Great slides BUT they will be closing the other pool within the next 2 weeks according to one of the pool managers.

If the PP concierge rooms have the Paradise Pier DCA view, then it's a no brainer. Looking out your room into DCA or looking out your room to a parking lot or pool construction. There are completed rooms and lobbies, but Sunday, we walked past lots of construction walls. BTW, we tried the new quick service restaurant. Mahi mahi fish and chips were loved by everyone (9 of us) Flatbread with kailua pork received mixed reviews. The service was slow but hoping that they will work the "hitches" before summer because the food was good.

This is my last resort question - I promise. I am driving my DH crazy. We can get PP concierge for the same price as a standard room at DLH. Which would you pick. My DH thinks it is a no-brainer and we should go with PP. I just love the look of the new DLH rooms. What would you do? Is it really that much further of a walk to PP. Keep in mind that we are from NY and walk regularly. Not to mention at WDW sometimes it is just a 7 minute walk to the nearest bust stop. Thank you all for your advice!

Walking distance is not much different. Maybe 2 more minutes to the DLH.

The DLH rooms are sure nice but nothing is wrong with the rooms at the PPH. How much of the concierge benefits will you make use of?

Not knowing when you are going, the construction at DLH may not be a factor at all.

Thank you all for your replies.

We will be there 4 weeks from today. We also have 2 children and I just showed my son pictures and he liked the "room with the beach balls" better. I think we will make use of the food in the lounge and the DCA views are pretty cool.

This will be the first time my DH and DS have ever been to a Disney Park and the first time all of us will ever be in California. This board has been so helpful in my planning and helping me to get excited. Thanks again!

How old are your kids? We were there last week & the new pool with the monorail slide is the cutest thing, my boys are dying to try it.

With that said, we have stayed at PPH & always enjoy it, we had a room view last year & it was nice. You can catch the fireworks from the pool area, they play the music.

Have fun :goodvibes

This thread might be of interest. We stayed PPH concierge last year for one night for DS's birthday, and posted a mini-trip report about our experience. It includes pictures of the lounge and food.

We stayed PPH Concierge for 4 nights last summer. We were upgraded to a suite and had a park view. It was wonderful and very special. My kids loved it! If you can spend the money, then go for it! It was great to have the extra space.

This thread might be of interest. We stayed PPH concierge last year for one night for DS's birthday, and posted a mini-trip report about our experience. It includes pictures of the lounge and food.

Thank you for the pictures. I had been trying to search for reviews and pictures but did not have much luck.

I did book it. We will be there from June 27-30. I am getting very excited!

For those of you that have stayed concierge before. Do they contact you before you arrive to see if you need any help with dining reservations or anything?

These boards make planning this vacation tons of fun. Thanks again!

My kids and I stayed PPH Concierge in February. You will LOVE it! It is different that WDW in that they don't normally contact you. If you call Disneyland Vacation Planning Services at 1-714-300-7526, they would be happy to help you. I found them to be very helpful! :thumbsup2

how long are you staying. do you plan to get up between 6am-10am for continental breakfast?
Do you plan to go back to the room between 5-7? Do you have picky eaters?
How old are your kids? only choose concierge if you plan to actually use it.

Here is a post i made a while back with some images if the offerings at PPH for little ones I thought it had the best selection of things they were interested in eating.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2181963

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter