Power banks on a plane, are these allowed?

kizzle

Mouseketeer
I am considering buying a power bank for my phone (portable charger)

However

I am extremely worried about going through airport security with one

also the power (mAh) is concerning me, you can buy cheap ones in a shop 1000mAh

eBay sell 50000mAh

I want a high value one but then that means a bigger battery

Anyone have any information on this?

I've flown with power banks for several years, both domestic and international. Never had a problem going through security. Mine is a high powered one too. I forget what the capacity it, but it charges multiple devices at the same time and will do at least 10 full iPhone charges with power to spare.

We have taken ours onboard for the past 2 years(bought Apr 2014) so maybe 8 return flights, never a problem. Ours are ravpower 10400mah, recharge our phones about 3-4 times. I originally bought 2x Anker 12000mah but they were useless so sent them back. Use ours almost every week, they are brilliant. With ours being a bit older they are quite big for the power, about the size of a pack of cards.

ah that's a relief, I probably won't need to use it much but I will mainly be using my phone as a camera this year and don't want it to die before lunch time

I've taben my ravpower 24000mAh several times, both international and domestic flights, and never had a problem too

I'm assuming you know you have to bring it in your carry on? I always try to remind people now cause I didn't know and got my bag seized in May and had to wait hours for it to come on another flight. They are lithium ion batteries and are allowed in carry ons but not checked bags.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter