Potential Tropical Cyclone 5 & The Parks

Hi - My son will be there with a group of friends from July 5 to the 10th - curious how they’ll announce updates? Does info come via text?

If it necessitates closing things, they will announce it via all of their normal ways, including signage at parks and resorts. However, this happens every year - a storm forms, Florida is in the cone 5+ days out, and everyone freaks out. There is no way of knowing anything about this storm impacting central Florida until Monday night or Tuesday morning. Go about your plans and enjoy your holiday weekend. Check back on Monday to see if even exists as a storm anymore after going through land on the islands.

I am keeping an eye on things. Supposed to fly in Wednesday and land about 2:30PM. Fingers crossed things shift away from the area!

If it necessitates closing things, they will announce it via all of their normal ways, including signage at parks and resorts. However, this happens every year - a storm forms, Florida is in the cone 5+ days out, and everyone freaks out. There is no way of knowing anything about this storm impacting central Florida until Monday night or Tuesday morning. Go about your plans and enjoy your holiday weekend. Check back on Monday to see if even exists as a storm anymore after going through land on the islands.
Thank you!

Flying in Sunday staying through the 11th.......no turning back for us. I find it ironic we will be greeted by Elsa for our first stay as DVC members...so thoughtful of her.

I was there 2 years ago for a Labor Day hurricane- never materialized near us. We had a bit of wind and some rain, but mostly the parks to ourselves. The hotel kept us informed and said we would have food and water. Pete Werner went on the news to say he was sending his 90 something year old Mom to wait out the storm in Disneyworld 😁 Good luck

We flew in for Isaias last year, I was more worried about flights getting messed up as it was making landfall the night before our plane took off. There was nothing to worry about, since we live in an area that doesn't deal with these storms all the time I feel like it involved a lot of unnecessary worry. We had one cloudy day out of the storm at the park.

Thanks everyone for making me relax a little and to not panic. We are due to fly in on Wednesday. I am just not going to worry to much about it till Monday/Tuesday. Fingers crossed it fizzles or takes a different path.

Looking at the NHC plot this morning and its increasingly likely that Elsa will hit central FL as a tropical storm (not a hurricane). Worst effects will be Tuesday/Wednesday. Likely a lot of rain and wind, but not catastrophic damage. I'd expect Disney to begin tying down things shortly to prevent damage. Shouldn't affect normal operations though.

Last edited:
Looking at the NHC plot this morning and its increasingly likely that Elsa will hit central FL as a tropical storm (not a hurricane). Worst effects will be Tuesday/Wednesday. Likely a lot of rain and wind, but not catastrophic damage. I'd expect Disney to begin tying down things this shortly to prevent damage. Shouldn't affect normal operations though.

Let's hope it keeps diminishing in strength and diverts

Looking at the NHC plot this morning and its increasingly likely that Elsa will hit central FL as a tropical storm (not a hurricane). Worst effects will be Tuesday/Wednesday. Likely a lot of rain and wind, but not catastrophic damage. I'd expect Disney to begin tying down things shortly to prevent damage. Shouldn't affect normal operations though.

Im also in Florida right now and I don’t see Orlando or Tampa weather people saying it’s increasing likely yet. I haven’t seen anybody say central florida ( as in actually coming up the center of the state, maybe some wind and rain. ) If anything it seems to me IF it comes near Florida, it’s looking more towards the gulf

Most have said it’s slowly shifting more west and it might diminish after hitting the islands.

They all said nothing is fully known till tonight or tomorrow morning track wise

Even so, the storm isn’t very put together and if it lands as a tropical storm towards the gulf, tropical storm winds only go out around 40 miles from center with this storm.

Nobody has to freak out about it yet, even with worst cast. Fast moving. People flying in Tuesday/Wednesday might have a problem with delays or cancellations I think IF it hits

I agree with you. This won’t affect normal operations for the parks.

Hoping it goes even more west

In 24 hours. We will know :)

Last edited:
We have a park pass for Epcot on Wednesday…maybe we should pull it back to Monday?…with the assumption Elsa will make Wednesday a rain out at best…

hey yall - i have an overnight flight from LA monday -> tuesday, so right as the hurricane is near Florida...what might that mean for me? turbulence or flight delays?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter