POTD - Wedding!! Now With Directory on Page 1

0700_1536N.jpg

This is the only ceremony one I have right now. That would be my father in the foreground sitting there crying. We both started crying before we started walking because we missed Mom terribly. He kept saying he wished she were here and that she would be proud.

Dawn,

I did my best not to talk about my Mom on my wedding day. I didn't want to cry. I am sure I wasn't the only one wishing she were with us. I did carry her picture in my flowers, but I teared up everytime I looked at it. I think it sucks we didn't get to have our mom's with us. It is something alot of brides take for granted.

Ok Ok not to be a downer....

Girls, I am so sorry. As you may know by now, I lost my mom, who was my best friend, just 4 months before our wedding. Lurkyloo has lost her mom too. Many brides have lost someone and it's never easy. On my wedding day I didn't cry - my mom never liked tears. She would actually get angry if I cried and I didn't have a broken limb, so on my wedding day I could literally hear her in my head "don't cry - you'll ruin your make-up!" and even through Rev. Jack's prayer I held it together. DH said he nearly cried during the prayer but knew that if he cried I would too, and he knew that my mom would not want tears.

Time helps, it really does, but there is never a substitution for having your mom.

And JandJ- good luck on the adoption!
Thank you!!

easy. On my wedding day I didn't cry - my mom never liked tears. She would actually get angry if I cried and I didn't have a broken limb, so on my wedding day I could literally hear her in my head "don't cry - you'll ruin your make-up!"

That is so funny - and sweet! :goodvibes I was worried my Dad would cry when I told him about the locket with her picture, but, like you, we knew my mom would rather we celebrate and even laugh!

I am 48 and my mom is 71. She is my best friend too :lovestruc I will never want her to be gone so I really feel sad for the losses you young ladies have had with your moms passing away entirely too soon... :sad1:

Beautiful pictures ladies.

I am also sorry for those of you who have lost your mothers. While its not a substitute for them actually being with you, you at least know they were with you in spirit. :angel: :hug:

How about a pic of us with our father that we like? Or whoever was giving us away, but it does not necessarily have to be that part.

I loove this pic! My dad and my bro

S0020862.jpg

And thanks Toni for the kind words about our moms.

I just wanted to add in a little something here, my grandma had passed away when my mom was only 19, so she wasn't there for my parent's wedding day. I felt so blessed to have my mom there and can't imagine how hard it must have been for her without my grandma at her wedding. I can't imagine how all of you ladies must have felt :hug:

Here is my shot from during the ceremony:
VK08533-3-08.jpg

Shot with my dad:
VK16653-3-08.jpg

My mother was part of our day..but I lost my dad in 2003 to a horrible brain tumor. I had entertained the idea of having a rose placed on a chair for him, but didn't because it would have been hard on my mom. I have posted the picture before that I am thankful the photographer got..my dad's wedding ring from 1956 is on my thumb
2egcmkl.jpg

I wish that I had thought of a charm or picture like Carrie or Lisa...maybe for our 10th:lovestruc

Here is my mom and I:

muz6ky.jpg

My father passed away when I was younger so my mother gave me away (not the best pic as I don't have professional photos back)

DSCF2680.jpg

My daddy gave me away. I've told the story before on here . . . he was so proud that day! We lost daddy earlier this year so of course remembering him on my wedding day is even more special :angel:

Before we got to Sunrise Terrace:
232323232%7Ffp53656%3Enu%3D3239%3E979%3E968%3E232%3A979%3A59%3A84ot1lsi

Walking me down the "aisle" on the Terrace:
232323232%7Ffp535%3C6%3Enu%3D3384%3E776%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D323962398%3B326nu0mrj

ok... i have looked through alllll these pages before because i love all of your pics... someone used the colors pink and orange for their wedding. I am trying to convince my fiance to change our colors to those colors and now for some reason, I can't find the pic. Can someone either tell me what page/post number or just repost the pic for me?? thanks!

ok... i have looked through alllll these pages before because i love all of your pics... someone used the colors pink and orange for their wedding. I am trying to convince my fiance to change our colors to those colors and now for some reason, I can't find the pic. Can someone either tell me what page/post number or just repost the pic for me?? thanks!

Try pages 71, 72, and 73

New Day - New Picture!

How about a picture of your musician/DJ/CD player ;)

232323232%7Ffp535%3C8%3Enu%3D3384%3E776%3E9%3A6%3EWSNRCG%3D3239623994%3C%3B7nu0mrj

Here's my bridesmaids bouquets and mine. They had alternating pink & orange bouquets. Mine had both. And all roses.. :) Love me some roses.

TS13838-31-08.jpg

I was wondering if you could tell me the designer of the dress on the far right and the color of it, if possible. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter