Potc

TheCrew

Mouseketeer
I found this thing about the POTC and that they are going to redo it and add the characters from the movie and make it all like the film. Personally I think they should just leave it how it is. What do you think Walt would want?
artical

I personally am excited for the new pirates!

And it's not intended to "make it all like the film". From what I've read, it's mostly just upgrading some of the worn-out AA's and adding Jack Sparrow near the end. I can't wait to see it.

I can't wait to see it, either.
We went last year, when dd was 4.5 years and ds was 19 months. POTC was ds' favorite ride!! He rode that ride more than any of us, taking one parent or the whole family whenever he could!
He still loves Pirates, and when we began to plan a trip this year, we originally thought we would go in May. But when dh heard that POTC was closed at that time, he said, "No way!" We will be going at the end of July/beginning of August, just so we can see the new POTC. They won't be taking things away from it, they will be adding to it.
Now, do you remember when they added food? Because the Pirates were chasing the women, and they wanted to make it more P.C., so they had the women carry around plates of food, so it looks like the Pirates want the food the women are carrying. That didn't take anything from the ride. This will not, either. It will be totally fun.

Since a good portion of the ride will still be the same with some film additions, digital sound, improved AA, I just can not wait to see it. At the same time they will be cleaning the ride area and water filtration systems. I can close my eyes and smell the ride, will be interesting after the changes.

Jack pirate:

TheCrew said:
What do you think Walt would want?

I think Walt would approve of this change. He's the one who said that Disneyland would never be finished. He didn't want the park to get stale. Look at how many attractions are based on movies, even from Walt's day. Nothing different here. I was initially worried about this idea, but after thinking it through and reading about what's actually being done, I've realized this could really give the attraction more life. That's a good thing! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter