POTC open by the end of June?

CrazyDuck808

Earning My Ears
Am headed to DL at the end of June (23-30). Do you think there is any chance that POTC will be back up and running? That is one of my favorites and I'd hate to miss it. All the "know" sites say early Summer and that's a little vague. You experts seem to have insider knowledge. Thanks!

~CD

Am headed to DL at the end of June (23-30). Do you think there is any chance that POTC will be back up and running? That is one of my favorites and I'd hate to miss it. All the "know" sites say early Summer and that's a little vague. You experts seem to have insider knowledge. Thanks!

~CD
I spoke with Disney on Sunday, and asked about Blue Bayou. She said that from what she could see Blue Bayou was marked closed for all of June, but it is possible that it could open earlier than that. It just depends on where they are with the refurbishment. Hopefully it will be open sooner than later😁

A good rule going into this is to assume it won’t open when you’re there. No one really knows as no sites are reporting anything other than early summer.

We were just there and a cast member said the POTC rehab was mostly draining, re-sealing, and refilling--so it's not a major overhaul. He thought it was possible it would reopen ahead of schedule but no guarantees. I'd plan on "nope" and allow for a pleasant surprise!

I was (am) holding out hope for our June 12-17 trip, really want my 4 youngest to experience it since they are brand new to DL. (8, 8, 11, and 11) and it is such an iconic piece of Disney to me. But at least there is a ton to do even if it is closed.

I really hope they wouldn’t dare…I know Disney echelon is stupid but hopefully not that naive to think that there are an entire legion of JD fans who would be upset. If that were the case, why would they keep a face character that is a total Johnny knockoff? It does seem ironic that the two events coincide,though…

My husband just asked if the refurbishment was to take Johnny Depp's character out of all he scenes. The shutdown does correspond with the trial. That had honestly not crossed my mind until now. My DH and his wacky theories!
I'm not normally an optimist, but I saw Captain Jack Sparrow wandering near the POTC closure area just last week. I would hope this means they aren't planning on fully removing his character anytime soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter