POTC 5 production started and official plot synopsis

jcnewton

Florida resident AP, scorned Epcot lover.
As of today, Disney announced production starting on Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.

Entire article here from IGN: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02...bean-dead-men-tell-no-tales-begins-production

"Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow. He's joined by Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario (The Maze Runner, Skins), Brenton Thwaites (Maleficent, The Giver) and Golshifteh Farahani (Exodus: Gods and Kings). Series veterans reprising their roles for Pirates 5 include Geoffrey Rush as Barbossa, Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs and Stephen Graham as Scrum."

Official plot synopsis:

"Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea...including him. Captain Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas."

My 17 yo is beyond excited about the movie finally starting production. Had to break the news that the ride at WDW is going down for refurb this summer-she doesn't "officially" know that we are going this summer but she has a pretty good idea. The girl is a Pirates fan through and through LOL

I'm definitely a Pirates guy. The ride has always been my favorite. I'd be bummed if my trip landed in the middle of a refurb on it! I'm pretty jazzed about the new movie, just hoping it's better than On Stranger Tides.

I loved the first one, then the second one was 'eh' enough that it lowered my expectations for the 3rd, which ended up being my fave in the series. Four lowered expectations again, so here's hoping we get another rebound with five. I love Javier, can't wait to see him as the bad guy in this one!

Aww, no Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley. :( They have both said they would like to do more Pirates movies. It would be very cool to see Dear William and Elizabeth again!

Aww, no Orlando Bloom or Keira Knightley. :( They have both said they would like to do more Pirates movies. It would be very cool to see Dear William and Elizabeth again!

Disney had some talks with Orlando, but it's disappointing not to see him mentioned among the cast. Unless, they're still negotiating? Or, saving him for a post-credit scene or cameo leading into a 6th movie.

for what it's worth Orlando is on the IMDB page and he's commented on this project a couple times. the rumor for a while was that Brenton Thwaites was brought in to play Orlando's character's son. Maybe they're trying to keep him as a bit of a surprise.

very excited for this one.

"Thrust into an all-new adventure, a down-on-his-luck Captain Jack Sparrow finds the winds of ill-fortune blowing even more strongly when deadly ghost pirates led by his old nemesis, the terrifying Captain Salazar (Bardem), escape from the Devil's Triangle, determined to kill every pirate at sea...including him. Captain Jack's only hope of survival lies in seeking out the legendary Trident of Poseidon, a powerful artifact that bestows upon its possessor total control over the seas."
Sounds like Indiana Sparrow and the Trident of Doom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter