Postcard Exchange sent/received

You're welcome Sandra:goodvibes

The island idea sounds nice btw.... ;)

What's with the mail in Illinios and Delaware guys?:confused: All those envelopes should have arrived a long time ago and yet here we are 4 weeks after the mail by date and still they've not arrived.

If there is still no news of them arriving tomorrow I will be unofficially wrapping this exchange up. I will however, keep checking for news as often as I can... just don't forget to post when those cards finally do decide to arrive.

I really want to wrap this exchange up officially, but I don't feel it's fair to do that until all cards are accounted for.:worried:

Margie, addresses are correct unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look on it..... I just don't get why it's taking so darn long for mail to be delivered to Illinios....... two different parts of the same state:confused:

I do think it is very strange. I decided to run from work on Mon. to make sure thast the envelopes would get out and arrive quickly since everyone has waited so long. Well maybe they'll arrive today.

I just wish they would all arrive and we could finally wrap this exchange up.... those last ones are taking forever... and they all should have arrived by now....what is wrong with the mail service in Illinois and Delaware ever?:confused3

I'm just wondering..... I mailed the postcards using envelopes from work. Maybe who I sent to glanced at the return address and saw a business name and address on the return part. I did write my name or last name above it though. On the flip side of the envelope I wrote postcards. So those in IL still waiting for your cards would you please double check your mail. It might be sitting in the pile of junk mail.

The one I am still waiting to hear about was just a plain white envelope :confused3
Where or where is it??

I am willing to resend again, Nutsy....just give the word.

Nancy, I don't think we'll worry about re-sending those cards... they have to arrive....it's been over a week now and if they dont' come soon I don't know what we'll do.... It's just dragging on and on and we are getting nowhere. I sent cards to Sandra in Belgium last Friday and she's received them, yet the original set which were mailed weeks ago, never did arrive. Go figure, cos I sure can't.

On the other hand, I sent, 4 elf envelopes to the UK.. 3 arrived (took over a week) and the other still hasn't.. all were sent at the same time from the same post office.:confused:

I just hope there are two posts tomorrow..... and then we can say goodbye to this waiting game. If not tomorrow, then there better be some news Monday....if not then.... then I'm just going to check in every so often and just have to hope that those two folk who are still waiitng, post as soon as they have some news and not keep us wondering.

crazyme5kids said:
So much for spending extra for postage lol! Could it be that the addresses were wrong?
Stacey and I got postcards today :cheer2: Lots of them actually 8 each. They are so nice and it actually made me get out the atlas.

I never realized how New York was set up. It must be great to live on Long Island. I would really like to visit it some day and yes go see the Statue of Liberty--maybe you could go with us ;)

Stacey's favorite was the Big Duck, what is it used for? I liked the magnet with the duck decorated.

My brother lived in Queens for a couple of years and I never made it out there :sad2:

I aslo love lighthouses, so I really liked those cards.

Thank you very much for being our elf :goodvibes

Nite0wl71 said:
Stacey and I got postcards today :cheer2: Lots of them actually 8 each. They are so nice and it actually made me get out the atlas.

I never realized how New York was set up. It must be great to live on Long Island. I would really like to visit it some day and yes go see the Statue of Liberty--maybe you could go with us ;)

Stacey's favorite was the Big Duck, what is it used for? I liked the magnet with the duck decorated.

My brother lived in Queens for a couple of years and I never made it out there :sad2:

I aslo love lighthouses, so I really liked those cards.

Thank you very much for being our elf :goodvibes

YES!!! Finally we have some news:thumbsup2

Oh I'm so glad they finally got there! I was beginning to think I should hop in the car and hand deliver them........... wouldn't be a bad deal for me because I love Chicago ;) .

The Big Duck was the building for a poultry farm when I was a kid. It's now a souviner/local tourism shop. All kids love the Big Duck.

Long Island is nice. but you know I really , really liked living in Illinois. I was very sorry to leave there. If you ever make it to NYC we should try and meet for a Statue of Liberty tour :) .

Now we just have the one person who hasn't posted that her last 2 envelopes have arrived.

CHILDREN

Emily (Mom2Em DD) 2 envelopes

Fingers crossed for 3 deliveries tomorrow... is that so much to ask??;)

Ok, so where are these postcards? Two of the three should definately have arrived, with the third not far behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter