Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

I am claustrophobic and really need a balcony, that’s why I booked one! I guess I thought Disney would have more compassion about a medical condition.

Maybe put in a request for a first floor room? You will have a patio.

I just received a call from a WDW CM. I‘m currently sitting on two overlapping Sun and Fun resort reservations after having prematurely canceling our earlier AP discounted reservations for earlier in July, so we missed out on moving that with price protection . Our current reservations are 7/11-7/19 at POP and 7/15-7/19 at Wilderness. I’ve been planning to cancel the Wilderness Courtyard view reservation, but have been waiting to see if I’d receive a call after having ”confirmed” my reservations via an email received last week. The CM who called said I’m being moved to CR Theme Park view with price protection. Now I don’t know what to do... I know my 13 yo DD would be over the moon staying at CR and its a room and view for which I’d never be able to justify the cost. But, that reservation covers only one MK day, the other days we will be at HS and Epcot. Our MK and AK days are at the beginning of the trip when we’ll be at POP. Likely, I’d feel regret if I don’t keep the CR reservation, but it does mean a cost I had thought I’d be doing away with and more inconvenient transportation to HS and Epcot. Very mixed feelings about it...

Could you see if you if they can take a few days off of the end of your pop ressie and then you could do a split stay btwn both hotels?

I just received a call from a WDW CM. I‘m currently sitting on two overlapping Sun and Fun resort reservations after having prematurely canceling our earlier AP discounted reservations for earlier in July, so we missed out on moving that with price protection . Our current reservations are 7/11-7/19 at POP and 7/15-7/19 at Wilderness. I’ve been planning to cancel the Wilderness Courtyard view reservation, but have been waiting to see if I’d receive a call after having ”confirmed” my reservations via an email received last week. The CM who called said I’m being moved to CR Theme Park view with price protection. Now I don’t know what to do... I know my 13 yo DD would be over the moon staying at CR and its a room and view for which I’d never be able to justify the cost. But, that reservation covers only one MK day, the other days we will be at HS and Epcot. Our MK and AK days are at the beginning of the trip when we’ll be at POP. Likely, I’d feel regret if I don’t keep the CR reservation, but it does mean a cost I had thought I’d be doing away with and more inconvenient transportation to HS and Epcot. Very mixed feelings about it...
It is such a pity that one can’t modify APRs. What are your evening plans after the parks close?

There are still park reservations availiable. Check to see if you can shuffle your parks to accommodate the CR walking abili to MK. Switching your HS for your Pop day. If not we are planning on grabbing an Uber for our HS and AK days.

Could you see if you if they can take a few days off of the end of your pop ressie and then you could do a split stay btwn both hotels?
If I keep the CR reservation, I will definitely adjust the dates of the POP stay. It’s just that only doing POP is so much cheaper than doing the split stay. I didn’t have that great of a deal on the price protected Wilderness room. I think the only reason I was holding that reservation to begin with was going back to when there were rumors of only being able to stay in MK area resorts. :)

It is such a pity that one can’t modify APRs. What are your evening plans after the parks close?
We’re really winging everything this trip. I guess the only thing really to do in the evening is DS or pool time. If I keep CR, I think I’ll look into doing dinner at the Wave one night.
Edited to add that we could head to Poly one evening for Capt. Cook’s. I love the Thai Coconut meatballs! :lovestruc

Last edited:
There are still park reservations availiable. Check to see if you can shuffle your parks to accommodate the CR walking abili to MK. Switching your HS for your Pop day. If not we are planning on grabbing an Uber for our HS and AK days.
It looks like there is some adjusting I may be able to do, but what we’re running into is that for the first half of our stay it’s only MK and AK that are open. This leaves HS and Epcot for the days we’d be at CR. I definitely do not wish to come across like I’m whining about this silly “dilemma”. I’m just not seeing much value in the room except that it will delight my daughter.

It looks like there is some adjusting I may be able to do, but what we’re running into is that for the first half of our stay it’s only MK and AK that are open. This leaves HS and Epcot for the days we’d be at CR. I definitely do not wish to come across like I’m whining about this silly “dilemma”. I’m just not seeing much value in the room except that it will delight my daughter.
Gotcha!
Like I said earlier. We are just planning on Uber/Lyft to get to parks. Rather than waiting for busses.

My dates were: September 3-9
I changed my dates to September 5-11
My original resort was: Yacht Club Garden View
I originally booked: Free Dining/through TA
I am being moved to: Polynesian Villas Deluxe Studio Standard View (Yacht Club was unavailable for the new dates)
My cost increase/decrease is: $200 increase (Free Dining Recovery (35%) applied to the new res)

Last edited:
My dates are July 22-26. We were booked at the Poly, lagoon view, switched to deluxe studio, still there. My concern is me loss of the second bed, we are travelling with 4 adults and a tall teen. I can't even tell what replaces the daybed. If it's the same kind of drop down as the mods, I'm the only one short enough to sleep on that lol.

My dates are July 22-26. We were booked at the Poly, lagoon view, switched to deluxe studio, still there. My concern is me loss of the second bed, we are travelling with 4 adults and a tall teen. I can't even tell what replaces the daybed. If it's the same kind of drop down as the mods, I'm the only one short enough to sleep on that lol.
CR garden wing has 2 q beds and a longer twin. My Ds 6ft fit. I’d call and ask for a switch.

We were offered Poly dlx studio as one of our options, but didn’t go with it because of the bed situation. I would call back and try to switch if I were you. Sounds pretty cramped.

My dates were: 16 to 21 August 2020

I am keeping my dates

My original resort was: Coronado Springs Resort, Standard Room

I originally booked using Bounce Back Free Dining.

I am being moved to: Caribbean Beach Resort, Water View Room

My cost increase/decrease is: No cost increase or decrease

My original reservation was made: directly through Disney

How were you contacted about your resort's closure? I have not been notified. I found out on Disboards that CSR will not open till October.

Date is Sept 5-8,2020 we are keeping those dates
Originally had All Star Music Suite made directly through Disney
Called and was switched to: Art of Animation Family Suite
No increase or decrease in cost was told I'd get Price Protection

We have some overlap with your dates. We were in a Poly Standard view and were moved to Contemporary Theme Park View for no additional charge. We still have two queen beds and a daybed. If you are good with the Poly Studio, then keep it. If not, and if you are willing to wait on hold, call back and see if they have another option that would give you two queen beds and a daybed.

My dates were: 8/30 to 9/5
We’re changing dates because We’re from NY. We’re now 12/27 to 01/03
My original resort was: All Star Music Family Suite
I am being moved to: Pop Century Standard
My cost increase/decrease is: Price increase was about $500, but we did add a night.
I made my original reservation through a TA
I wasn’t contacted about my resort being closed. We contacted Disney after the governments announcement today.
4 Adults

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter