Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

I think because they went through a TA, the TA was able to handle it and then it showed up on MDE.

Disney won't just move you, you will have to call. The people seeing automatic changes in MDE either have a TA or have booked with a third-party booking site such as Hotels.com. It's possible that the CL Signature Services may call you for a change, but it's not 100% confirmed if they will or when they will.
CL Signature Services is closed. Unknown when they will reopen.

Hoping Skyliner is up and running then. Should be pretty amazing.
Well the individual gondolas are back on the Skyliner lines and they have been running at different times since the DVC resorts opened on June 22. We should have good indication before Epcot and DHS are scheduled to open on July 15.

Note: During the shutdown period the gondolas were offloaded and store in the Gondola storage / parking area.

Dave

Are you saying that you did not initiate this change and that Disney made the change on their end without notifying you? I'm asking because we are "staying" at WL in December and I'm certain if it's not open that we're not staying there!! I haven't been able to get through by calling yet, but my hotel in MDE, for now, remains at WL.
I booked with an agency. THEIR block of WL rooms were moved to CR.

Same with my labor day. The agency block was moved from BC to Poly.

Those are different than what will happen with rooms booked with wdw directly.

They may move all to one resort or break it up depending on availability.

You can wait and see or call and find out current options. What is offered now may be different than later in the year.

Has anyone had any luck with a WL club level update or other club level update? We were offered an update to Copper Creek studio, but haven't accepted that yet. Shouldn't there be a refund for the lack of Club Level at least or a better room to make up for it? This is for late September.
Not that I’ve seen but you can ask in the CL thread (skip to the end!) https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-club-level-cl-information-and-questions.3414590/page-1117

So far people have been told no to being reimbursed for lack of CL because they are being placed in rooms that are similar in price to CL bookings. Yes, it’s very wrong, but that’s what Disney has been doing and up until a couple days ago nobody was getting reimbursement out of them for no CL amenities no matter how many people they pleaded their case with.

Now, you’ll see in recent comments there one person was told to call back for a price adjustment after their move settled. They are the one to follow, if they get money back you *might* have a shot.

Has anyone had any luck with a WL club level update or other club level update? We were offered an update to Copper Creek studio, but haven't accepted that yet. Shouldn't there be a refund for the lack of Club Level at least or a better room to make up for it? This is for late September.
For both of my cl stays I was offered a room with higher price point or a discount. Poly LV CL moved to 2 bedroom blt.

My other GF RPC was moved to VGF 1 bedroom at 35% off so I saved $ on that move.

Look at rack rates and make sure you get something worth same/more or a discount. That is what most have been offered only if keep same dates though!

Came back to add my july and august cl stays had sun and fun discount. Those were the 2 i was upgraded/compensated for.

My Oct poly cl trip I can change to whatever I want. I have changed it 4 times because the rack rates are killing me. If you havent looked yet see if the online change button works and move yourself if needed.

My dates were: July 7-16
I am rescheduling: Oct. 9-18
My original resort was: All Star Music Family Suite
I originally booked using: Free Dining
I am being moved to: Fort Wilderness Cabin
My cost decrease: $400
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 2 adults and 3 Disney adults(11,12,15)

I was actually called by a CM on June 24th to be asked if I was keeping my reservation, modifying, or cancelling. I wanted to change dates so I received the 35% off room discount. I was quoted for AOA, FW Cabin, and a CBR-5th sleeper. I may take the CBR-5th sleeper. It is a $1000 cheaper than the cabin and now has the added benefit of the skyliner. I was really looking forward to having more space in the Family Suite so that's why I originally picked the Cabins as a replacement. I wish there was a better equivalent, price-wise, to the ASM Family Suite.

My dates were: July 25-Aug 1
I am keeping same dates
My original resort was: GDT - CL
I originally booked using: Military Discount
I am being moved to: Poly Studio
My cost increase/decrease: 0
I made my original reservation myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email
There are 2 adults

Last edited:
My dates were: September 27-October 4
I am keeping same dates
My original resort was: GDT Water View King
I originally booked using: Rack Rate
I am being moved to: CBR Preferred
My cost increase/decrease: Decrease $781
I made my original reservation with a TA
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by --- was not contacted
There are 2 adults

when our TA said CBR was not a good move, they did offer a Deluxe Studio at Old Key West. We opted for the decreased cost and the benefit of the Skyliner and Quick Service and took the Caribbean Beach Resort Room. But to say we were very disappointed that they didn't upgrade us to a park deluxe resort is putting it mildly. I would have thought that with the $$ the NBA is dropping on them that they could have at least upgraded those with rooms booked to the Contemporary or Riviera. We'd cancel altogether but then we're left with a boat load of airfare credit we probably won't get a chance to use. (Who am I kidding with what is going on in Florida that decision may be made for us by September anyway).

For both of my cl stays I was offered a room with higher price point or a discount. Poly LV CL moved to 2 bedroom blt.

My other GF RPC was moved to VGF 1 bedroom at 35% off so I saved $ on that move.

Look at rack rates and make sure you get something worth same/more or a discount. That is what most have been offered only if keep same dates though!

While it's good that that worked out for you, and that you are happy with that solution (as many others will be), I still think that Disney should be refunding the difference in price between a CL room and a non-CL room at the same resort in the same view category. Of course there would be some outliers, like RPC at GF, but even then they could just refund the difference in price that Sugarloaf CL people would get, since most of the justification for the higher RPC price comes from the preferred location in the Main Building (ignoring the slightly better CL food and drink offerings, which probably didn't really cost Disney all that much).

The problem is that a lot of people booked CL specifically for the amenities CL provides and they likely wouldn't have booked as expensive of a room otherwise, so being rebooked in a non CL room, even if it would cost more than their original room would have, doesn't quite address that problem. I agree that if someone was proactively moved to a non-CL room and gets a refund based on the price difference between the two that's fine. That, however, only seems to be the case for CL guests where their original hotels aren't going to be open for their stay. I could be wrong, but it looks like there are enough reports on the CL board that people booked for CL in an open resort are being told they either have to cancel and rebook (with no guarantee that any discounts would be applied to the new booking) or that they will have to pay the CL rate despite the fact that none of the CL services will be offered.

While it's good that that worked out for you, and that you are happy with that solution (as many others will be), I still think that Disney should be refunding the difference in price between a CL room and a non-CL room at the same resort in the same view category. Of course there would be some outliers, like RPC at GF, but even then they could just refund the difference in price that Sugarloaf CL people would get, since most of the justification for the higher RPC price comes from the preferred location in the Main Building (ignoring the slightly better CL food and drink offerings, which probably didn't really cost Disney all that much).

The problem is that a lot of people booked CL specifically for the amenities CL provides and they likely wouldn't have booked as expensive of a room otherwise, so being rebooked in a non CL room, even if it would cost more than their original room would have, doesn't quite address that problem. I agree that if someone was proactively moved to a non-CL room and gets a refund based on the price difference between the two that's fine. That, however, only seems to be the case for CL guests where their original hotels aren't going to be open for their stay. I could be wrong, but it looks like there are enough reports on the CL board that people booked for CL in an open resort are being told they either have to cancel and rebook (with no guarantee that any discounts would be applied to the new booking) or that they will have to pay the CL rate despite the fact that none of the CL services will be offered.
Yep I agree. I would have preferred to down grade my July. My August was GF rpc moved to 1 bedroom VGF because that was what was available (actually both trips based on availability ). The price difference was sun and fun vs a 35% off vgf which does not included with other discounts.

So my 2 br blt is overkill but I chose to keep it vs canceling. The same applies to my August trip.

From what I have seen if there is a room at the same price you paid or a bit more they will offer that !st. If not they look for next price point down.

We have to choose to take or leave.

It’s tough! Life would be easier if we got to say and get what we wanted.

Yep I paid for food included for July and now have to pay. I get an awesome room yet it’s too big for our party.

Hoping 2021 is back to normal!

December 6-11 POFQ to Pop Century
I called Disney, they offered CBR or CSR but I didn't want to go there. Moved to POP and saved $400

What is the best number to call for a resort change? We are booked at AoA August 1-11 but they don’t open until the 12th...

What is the best number to call for a resort change? We are booked at AoA August 1-11 but they don’t open until the 12th...
Here is a great list of phone numbers posted by @Dave006
407-934-7639 - Regular modification number from MDE (when Modify button is missing or not working for you)
(407)-560-2428 - A good reference from the Disney Chat tool.
(407)-939-1936 - General Guest Services number
(407)-939-5277 - WDW Disney general reservation number
(407)-939-7866 - Guest Services call back number

My dates were: Sept 13-19
I am rescheduling: Kept same dates
My original resort was: BWI
I originally booked using: bounce back room discount
I am being moved to: BC
My cost Increased: $30
I booked our original reservation while at Disney.
When I read on these boards, which is a God sent when it comes to Disney Info, about BWI being closed until Oct., I called all day until I got a cm to change our reservation.
It will only be DH & me on this trip. I’m glad our children hadn’t planned on going, they would’ve been disappointed with all the cancellations, etc. DH & I don’t care that much, we’re happy just being there. 😊

My dates are 8/22- 8/30, we rebooked after our March stay was cancelled. We booked WL with a TA. We have been moved to Contemporary Garden Wing. We are so disappointed, we really love a balcony. My TA acts like there is nothing she can do, but we really don’t want to stay at Contemporary, does anyone know if we would be able to just re book it? We would love to have an option to stay someplace else!

My dates are 8/22- 8/30, we rebooked after our March stay was cancelled. We booked WL with a TA. We have been moved to Contemporary Garden Wing. We are so disappointed, we really love a balcony. My TA acts like there is nothing she can do, but we really don’t want to stay at Contemporary, does anyone know if we would be able to just re book it? We would love to have an option to stay someplace else!
Disney is stating that they will not give you a choice for a room change with the price protection. That said, I have seen several people post that they called back multiple times and finally found a CM who changed them to something they wanted. Disney likely would not give your TA any options (they certainly didn't for me and I was calling the TA line about my own reservations).

I am claustrophobic and really need a balcony, that’s why I booked one! I guess I thought Disney would have more compassion about a medical condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter