Post Your Rescheduled/Relocated Resort Date Here

We were scheduled originally for 6/3/2020, but rescheduled for 6/8/2021 at POFQ. I called today to add park tickets and was told that POFQ was not opening up next year. *shocked So in order to add park tickets I was given the option of moving to Coronado or CBR. I chose CBR even though I'm not thrilled about it. Might be rescheduling again.

Has any official work been made about POFQ or PO RIverside being closed through next year?
Resorts will likely reopen as demand increases. Right now, the only resorts taking 2021 reservations are the ones that have an official announced reopening date. Closed resorts include the All Stars, Port Orleans resorts and I think Wilderness Lodge. I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I know of for sure. You can always modify your booking once more resorts are added to the reopen list (hopefully prior to your travel date) 🙂.

We were scheduled originally for 6/3/2020, but rescheduled for 6/8/2021 at POFQ. I called today to add park tickets and was told that POFQ was not opening up next year. *shocked So in order to add park tickets I was given the option of moving to Coronado or CBR. I chose CBR even though I'm not thrilled about it. Might be rescheduling again.

Has any official work been made about POFQ or PO RIverside being closed through next year?
no. No offcial word. But since it's not scheduled to open that's what they're telling people. Just a few weeks ago they were telling everyone nothing but DVC and FW would be opening for the rest of the year.

Resorts will likely reopen as demand increases. Right now, the only resorts taking 2021 reservations are the ones that have an official announced reopening date. Closed resorts include the All Stars, Port Orleans resorts and I think Wilderness Lodge. I'm sure there are others but these are the ones I know of for sure. You can always modify your booking once more resorts are added to the reopen list (hopefully prior to your travel date) 🙂.
I agree. It is hard to close resorts and move people, easier to just stay with the ones they have now and open up when demand/capacity increases.

We originally were booked
74 to 76 GF SL CL room only Fun &Sun
76 to 714 YC GV. Free dining

switched to 7-28 to August 4
Contemporary GV WING r
35 per cent discount
We have almost $4000 but we also had to cut trip from 10 to 7 days because of work
Also lost FD so have to figure that in too

Has any official word been made about POFQ or PO RIverside being closed through next year?
No no official announcement just what phone CMs have been saying and what we can see listed as available for 2021.

It will all depend on the future booking for next year due to an improvement in travel.

Dave

My dates were: 9/7-9/8 (a little split stay, will be at Beach Club the rest of the week, which is set to be open by then so no other change necessary)
I am keeping my dates or rescheduling: keeping dates
My original resort was: Port Orleans Riverside, Standard View
I originally booked using: sun & fun discount
I am being moved to: Caribbean Beach, Standard View
My cost increase/decrease is: a savings of three dollars wooooo
I made my original reservation myself/a travel website/thru a Disney TA/other: made it myself
I was contacted about my resort’s closure by email/telephone/I wasn’t contacted: received an email, called myself last night, got through in roughly an hour.
There are # adults, # children, # under age 3 in my group: 2 adults

My dates were: Aug 25th - Sept 2nd
I am keeping my dates
My original resort was: AS Music, standard view
I originally booked using: Sun &Fun discount
I am being moved to: POP, standard view
My cost increase/decrease is: price protected
I made my original reservation through WDW
I was not contacted; learned about closure/resort changes from DIS
There are 1 adult, 1 child in my party

Dates: 12-16 to 12-21. Keeping these dates.
Original resort: WL
Moved to: 1-BR at BCV
Price: No price change under price protection policy
I called before anyone contacted me.
Party: 3 adults (if I call college boy an adult, which is sometimes debatable) and 1 teen (who thinks he's an adult)

Just hoping that something magic happens by then (vaccine, better treatment) that makes this feasible. We can handle masks and don't mind distancing at all, but will cancel if risk seems to great.

Dates: 8/9-8/13
Original resort: POFQ king bed room
Offered: Saratoga Springs studio or Riviera tower
We chose: Riviera tower

Excited since we wouldn’t otherwise be at the highest tier of resorts ever in our lives, and yet the size of the room has me like 😯. Very tiny. The bathroom looks bigger than the room! It’s just me and hubs (no kids allowed!) so I totally understand why that room was offered. Hoping Skyliner is up and running then. Should be pretty amazing.

My agency WL nature view for 10/8-12 was changed to CR std view due to WL being closed.

My TA notified me yesterday and it showed in MDE same day even though she thought it would be days plural.

Has anyone had any luck with a WL club level update or other club level update? We were offered an update to Copper Creek studio, but haven't accepted that yet. Shouldn't there be a refund for the lack of Club Level at least or a better room to make up for it? This is for late September.

Has anyone had any luck with a WL club level update or other club level update? We were offered an update to Copper Creek studio, but haven't accepted that yet. Shouldn't there be a refund for the lack of Club Level at least or a better room to make up for it? This is for late September.
I believe that if they give you a move, they won't necessarily give you a "refund" for the lack of CL, but they shouldn't charge you the CL price so you should be charged less at check-in. If you don't feel like the CCV is similar or an upgrade, call back and let them know that. I'm not sure what the policies are anymore, maybe they have this as a "lateral move" in the matrix they have to follow, but let them know your concerns and hopefully they can work with you.

They haven't announced an opening date yet, so until then they aren't taking any reservations for those resorts. I don't think any specific timeline has been made official, when they decide to open the resort they'll open reservations.

My agency WL nature view for 10/8-12 was changed to CR std view due to WL being closed.

My TA notified me yesterday and it showed in MDE same day even though she thought it would be days plural.

Are you saying that you did not initiate this change and that Disney made the change on their end without notifying you? I'm asking because we are "staying" at WL in December and I'm certain if it's not open that we're not staying there!! I haven't been able to get through by calling yet, but my hotel in MDE, for now, remains at WL.

BUMPING. Inquiring minds wanna know!

I'm scheduled to stay at Wilderness Lodge, club level, bounce back, park hoppers, etc., in December. I haven't seen any change in my MDE yet (I've been thinking Disney might just move me at some point?), and I haven't been able to get through yet to discuss when I call.

Are you saying that you did not initiate this change and that Disney made the change on their end without notifying you? I'm asking because we are "staying" at WL in December and I'm certain if it's not open that we're not staying there!! I haven't been able to get through by calling yet, but my hotel in MDE, for now, remains at WL.
I think because they went through a TA, the TA was able to handle it and then it showed up on MDE.
BUMPING. Inquiring minds wanna know!

I'm scheduled to stay at Wilderness Lodge, club level, bounce back, park hoppers, etc., in December. I haven't seen any change in my MDE yet (I've been thinking Disney might just move me at some point?), and I haven't been able to get through yet to discuss when I call.
Disney won't just move you, you will have to call. The people seeing automatic changes in MDE either have a TA or have booked with a third-party booking site such as Hotels.com. It's possible that the CL Signature Services may call you for a change, but it's not 100% confirmed if they will or when they will.

I think because they went through a TA, the TA was able to handle it and then it showed up on MDE.

Disney won't just move you, you will have to call. The people seeing automatic changes in MDE either have a TA or have booked with a third-party such as Hotels.com. It's possible that the CL Signature Services may call you for a change, but it's not 100% confirmed if they will or when they will.

I have been calling (like once every two days)! lol It's like an act of Congress to get through their system. I have plenty of time though and I am not in a mad rush to make the changes. I'd rather let the phone lines be open for others who have July and August reservations. I'm scanning the boards to see what others are being offered so that I have a general idea of what they're replacing Wilderness Lodge CL with. :)

On a different note, I'm wondering what they'll do for people who don't call in time? If the hotel is closed they're obviously not staying there... will they cancel their reservations or will they simply move them?

I have been calling (like once every two days)! lol It's like an act of Congress to get through their system. I have plenty of time though and I am not in a mad rush to make the changes. I'd rather let the phone lines be open for others who have July and August reservations. I'm scanning the boards to see what others are being offered so that I have a general idea of what they're replacing Wilderness Lodge CL with. :)

On a different note, I'm wondering what they'll do for people who don't call in time? If the hotel is closed they're obviously not staying there... will they cancel their reservations or will they simply move them?
Some people have experienced this recently, and they've either showed up to their resort and been "walked" to another, or they're notified when boarding the DME that their resort was changed and that they'll be taken to another resort. I think that if you want certainty on where you're staying, call back in a few days. I don't think that there's any reason for the phone lines to continue being clogged up so for long - it seems that park pass issues have been cleared up for the most part and dining reservations can be made online now. I did hear that they'll be contacting AP's via email regarding how to move forward with the continuation or cancellation of passes in early July, so I wouldn't want you getting stuck up in those inevitable calls!

Dates: 8/9-8/13
Original resort: POFQ king bed room
Offered: Saratoga Springs studio or Riviera tower
We chose: Riviera tower

Excited since we wouldn’t otherwise be at the highest tier of resorts ever in our lives, and yet the size of the room has me like 😯. Very tiny. The bathroom looks bigger than the room! It’s just me and hubs (no kids allowed!) so I totally understand why that room was offered. Hoping Skyliner is up and running then. Should be pretty amazing.
Yes the tower studios are very small. I think you will enjoy the resort though. The only way I would have chose Saratoga Springs studio over the Riviera was if I wanted to be closed to Disney Springs. Enjoy your vacation. You will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter