Post Wasters-Be Our Guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
disneygirl520 said:
I got it from etsy :) and thank you, but my handwriting definitely does not look like that normally lol only when I take time to make sure it looks nice. I'm a goody goody too, but my teachers don't seem to care if I doodle ;)

Haha, I guess you had a productive lesson! Your teachers sound nice, mine are hideous lol. My handwriting is very neat so people kinda gasp at it for some reason, I'm kinda used to compliments but it does get old lol.

disneygirl520 said:
March 1st means
St. Patricks day antenna topper, and
Snow white's cottage calendar page!

Your calendar is making me jealous again! Hehe! I don't know why but I've never much liked Snow White. I would so get a Mickey antenna topper if I had an antenna to put it on lol.

Orreed said:
Oscar is so cute! Here is my dog, half Boston Terrier half Heeler, Annie.:dogdance:

Thanks! Osc is a Labrador and my best friend! (Lol.) He's so loving and cuddly! Annie is absolutely adorable! I love that she just lets the cuddly toy sit on top of her! So cute! Osc takes a fancy to my expensive Christmas Mickey Mouse plush and my parents just rant that he will chew it to bits one day, lol. What's Annie like?

Fairywings said:
Here, you only have gardens if you're growing plants or trees in your yards. Abd then it's usually only referring to that particular spot in the yard.

It's funny how words like that change in different places!

Wow... That is really weird! But FTR I didn't know the word garden even existed in America so I'm glad. :) I mean other American words I don't get are...
- parking lot (car park)
- pasta (pasta) but you pronounce it differently lol
- pants (trousers- pants here are underwear!!!)
- bathrooms (toilets) I don't get why it is called a bathroom if there is no bath in it!!! Lol!!!

Also appetiser and entree- my parents think I'm stupid when I say that! We say starter, main course and dessert. I love America. Sigh. I have just found a patriotic US friendship bracelet on etsy and I want it so badly!

Fairywings said:
Both of your dogs are cute!

I have a cat. She's a gold and white American Shorthair (I still remember what type of cat she is, even though it's very common over here). Her name's Salsa. I would put up a picture, but I don't have access to any at the moment.

Thanks! That is adorable, please post a picture once you have access to one! Salsa sounds lovely! I love her name, haha! My friend has a cat and it just lies and scratches people all the time. I prefer friendly cats. Is Salsa friendly?

soccer_mickey said:
Yeah, we call the little patch of our yard that we plant flowers in a garden. We would never call the whole thing a garden! I've never heard of this difference. I've heard of the ones like chips, rubbish, torch, lift, and flat. (Mainly from watching Sherlock and my one trip to England.) All the small language changes are pretty funny.

I absolutely love biscuits. Never had a Disney one, but they're a pretty big deal in the South. Especially with gravy. Yum! You should try one outside of WDW. Or maybe you're just used to them made a different way.

Your dog is so cute! I have a dog named Harley (she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, so she's big, but super sweet) and two cats named Lucy and Zoe.

To be honest our chips are like really fat American fries but they are pretty different. Your chips are what we call crisps! Have you ever tried British chips when you came to England? Yeah, I think trash sounds more glamourous than rubbish, and while you call it trash can we call it bin! Bleh!

What do you call lift? I've never heard of that one before. Oh... Is it elevator or escalator or something?

But your biscuits are sugary, right? Here biscuits are sugary, kind of like your cookies. It just doesn't seem right to have sweet biscuits with sausage gravy! It's like having cake with gravy or sweets with gravy! (I mean candy lol, that's another one!!!)

Awww, that is adorable! I've never heard of a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I love big dogs a lot. I don't like chihuahuas, big dogs are best. Lol. And I'm surprised that your dogs and cats actually get along because Oscie does not get along with cats whatsoever haha! Do post a picture if you get one as I'd love to see! :)

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

meggiebeth said:
Haha, I guess you had a productive lesson! Your teachers sound nice, mine are hideous lol. My handwriting is very neat so people kinda gasp at it for some reason, I'm kinda used to compliments but it does get old lol.

Your calendar is making me jealous again! Hehe! I don't know why but I've never much liked Snow White. I would so get a Mickey antenna topper if I had an antenna to put it on lol.
Haha yeah, well actually I'm in college, so most of my professrs are pretty relaxed (but not all of them).

Lol I love my calendar, and seriously I knew what antenna toppers I wanted before I had a car lol!

To be honest our chips are like really fat American fries but they are pretty different. Your chips are what we call crisps! Have you ever tried British chips when you came to England? Yeah, I think trash sounds more glamourous than rubbish, and while you call it trash can we call it bin! Bleh!

What do you call lift? I've never heard of that one before. Oh... Is it elevator or escalator or something?

But your biscuits are sugary, right? Here biscuits are sugary, kind of like your cookies. It just doesn't seem right to have sweet biscuits with sausage gravy! It's like having cake with gravy or sweets with gravy! (I mean candy lol, that's another one!!!)

Awww, that is adorable! I've never heard of a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I love big dogs a lot. I don't like chihuahuas, big dogs are best. Lol. And I'm surprised that your dogs and cats actually get along because Oscie does not get along with cats whatsoever haha! Do post a picture if you get one as I'd love to see! :)

I did try fish and chips while I was there, but I don't remember them all that much. I think they were not as fried as most American fries, so they were softer. I don't think any word for trash sounds glamorous. I do think trashcan does sound better than bin, though.

An elevator is probably the same as a lift, but an escalator is moving stairs. Do you call them both lifts?

When I think of a biscuit, it's not sugary. More like fluffy, soft bread. I think it's made with buttermilk and flour. Sugary cookies would taste bad with gravy, though.

Most people have never heard of Rhodesian Ridgebacks. The relationship between all my pets is pretty complicated. The dog, Harley, is afraid of one cats, Lucy. Lucy will walk into the room and Harley will cower in the corner, even though Harley is much bigger. Harley likes the other cat, Zoe. Zoe is afraid of Harley, though, and runs. It's all funny to watch! They never actually hurt each other, though. Sometimes, they all get along and it's really cute.

Thanks! Osc is a Labrador and my best friend! (Lol.) He's so loving and cuddly! Annie is absolutely adorable! I love that she just lets the cuddly toy sit on top of her! So cute! Osc takes a fancy to my expensive Christmas Mickey Mouse plush and my parents just rant that he will chew it to bits one day, lol. What's Annie like?

Dogs are awesome friends. Uh oh on the toy. Annie is super sweet, although she barks a lot of people and dogs. She has a patio chair she likes to sit on :) She loves her squeaky toys, but destroys them very quickly. LIke most dogs she adores walks and sniffs EVERYTHING, ugh.

Both of your dogs are cute!

I have a cat. She's a gold and white American Shorthair (I still remember what type of cat she is, even though it's very common over here). Her name's Salsa. I would put up a picture, but I don't have access to any at the moment.

Thanks! That's such a fun name. I want a kitty.:cat:

So on Saturday I went to Six Flags. If was nice to be at a theme park again. It was fun. But wow, it makes you realize how great Disney is. And I found the food location pictured below to be very funny.:lmao:Dole Whip knockoff much? It's kind of small, bit it says, "Dole FRUIT SWIRL".

disneygirl520 said:
Haha yeah, well actually I'm in college, so most of my professrs are pretty relaxed (but not all of them).

Lol I love my calendar, and seriously I knew what antenna toppers I wanted before I had a car lol!

Is college like university or do you go there when you're 16? And lol omg you have a car?!?!?! I don't have a car and probably won't for years, too expensive. :(

soccer_mickey said:
I did try fish and chips while I was there, but I don't remember them all that much. I think they were not as fried as most American fries, so they were softer. I don't think any word for trash sounds glamorous. I do think trashcan does sound better than bin, though.

An elevator is probably the same as a lift, but an escalator is moving stairs. Do you call them both lifts?

When I think of a biscuit, it's not sugary. More like fluffy, soft bread. I think it's made with buttermilk and flour. Sugary cookies would taste bad with gravy, though.

Most people have never heard of Rhodesian Ridgebacks. The relationship between all my pets is pretty complicated. The dog, Harley, is afraid of one cats, Lucy. Lucy will walk into the room and Harley will cower in the corner, even though Harley is much bigger. Harley likes the other cat, Zoe. Zoe is afraid of Harley, though, and runs. It's all funny to watch! They never actually hurt each other, though. Sometimes, they all get along and it's really cute.

American fries are nice and all, but you can get them anywhere, lol. I don't think I've ever been to a country where there isn't a McDonalds around!

Oops, I meant elevator, I always get elevator confused with escalator. They sound the same to me lol...!

Well that explains why you like biscuits with gravy! I didn't know your biscuits weren't sugary. Our biscuits are pretty much always sugary. Imagine pouring gravy over a cookie and that's how grossed out I was lol!

Haha, your pet situation sounds complicated! They are all basically scared of eachother lol! Poor Harley (just because cats can be pretty scary, I'm a bit scared of them... They scratch and hiss! Your cats don't seem like that though. :)

Orreed said:
Dogs are awesome friends. Uh oh on the toy. Annie is super sweet, although she barks a lot of people and dogs. She has a patio chair she likes to sit on :) She loves her squeaky toys, but destroys them very quickly. LIke most dogs she adores walks and sniffs EVERYTHING, ugh.

Thanks! That's such a fun name. I want a kitty.:cat:

Awww, Annie and Osc would get on well. He loves squeaky toys but my parents don't like buying anything with a squeak in as he squeaks it all day lol! Barking dogs used to scare me but now I know they are just 'talking'. And yeah the sniffing can get annoying, especially when I'm eating and his mouth just edges closer... And closer... And clooooooser to my plate lol...!

Orreed said:
So on Saturday I went to Six Flags. If was nice to be at a theme park again. It was fun. But wow, it makes you realize how great Disney is. And I found the food location pictured below to be very funny.:lmao:Dole Whip knockoff much? It's kind of small, bit it says, "Dole FRUIT SWIRL".

http://s1053.beta.photobucket.com/user/orreed/media/IMG_20130302_152410-1_zpsa23c86b8.jpg.html

Omg I haven't eaten a dole whip and everyone says how great they are yet to me they just look like processed ice cream haha! Ugh I really want to go to six flags but not nearly as much as Disney. My brother William is 14 and goes on about how great the rides are meant to be at six flags. He would go there rather than Disney if he had the choice I think..... Bleh:)

meggiebeth said:
Is college like university or do you go there when you're 16? And lol omg you have a car?!?!?! I don't have a car and probably won't for years, too expensive

It's like university, I'm 18, I'm old for the teen boards, but I don't want to leave you guys. Lol

disneygirl520 said:
It's like university, I'm 18, I'm old for the teen boards, but I don't want to leave you guys. Lol

Awww I can't blame you it's a really friendly board! University must be so different, moving away from home and stuff :) ...I'm 16... Almost 17 (can't wait, then I can drive!!!).

How old is everyone else on this thread?

meggiebeth said:
Awww I can't blame you it's a really friendly board! University must be so different, moving away from home and stuff :) ...I'm 16... Almost 17 (can't wait, then I can drive!!!).

How old is everyone else on this thread?

Well, most people do move away to go to universities, but I actually go to one near my house and drive there each day. Because its cheaper.

Awww, Annie and Osc would get on well. He loves squeaky toys but my parents don't like buying anything with a squeak in as he squeaks it all day lol! Barking dogs used to scare me but now I know they are just 'talking'. And yeah the sniffing can get annoying, especially when I'm eating and his mouth just edges closer... And closer... And clooooooser to my plate lol...!

Omg I haven't eaten a dole whip and everyone says how great they are yet to me they just look like processed ice cream haha! Ugh I really want to go to six flags but not nearly as much as Disney. My brother William is 14 and goes on about how great the rides are meant to be at six flags. He would go there rather than Disney if he had the choice I think..... Bleh:)

Yay, another Disney fan who has not had a Dole Whip! My parents are not big Disney fans (They like it, but not like some adults. ) and I don't even think they know what it is. I don't like pineapple, but I feel like being a Disney Geek it's my duty on a upcoming trip.:rotfl:
Six Flags Roller Coasters are more thrilling, but Disney is WAY better. Six Flags has some theme but not as much. It has a lot of chipped paint everywhere. The rides are pretty basic. On the Batman ride (Which is a great coaster, it's just a Disney there is no basic coasters. They are all apart of a highly themed story.), it has a city park and basic Bruce Industries warehouse. The "City Park" is basically grass with a few trees. Oh yeah, and a bunch of weeds. The warehouse is pretty bare, with electrical wires in plain sight very close to you. Don't get me wrong, Six Flags is super fun with some charming areas, especially the older parts, but Disney is Supreme::MickeyMo. I do give props to my local Six Flags, they have a Looney Toons animatronic simple boat ride and indoor mining coaster, but again nothing close to Disney.There is no rides like Soarin', Everest, Toy Story Mania, or the awesome Spider-Man ride at Universal Orlando. Sorry that was WAY too much, my theme park geeky love just came out.:rotfl2:
I can relate the squeaking, ugh. For some reason it is my dogs goal to get out the squeaker in ten minutes, haha. Oh yeah, dogs LOVE food.popcorn:: TI bet Oscar and Annie would be buddies!pluto:

Don't ever leave us Heather!!!!

disneygirl520 said:
Well, most people do move away to go to universities, but I actually go to one near my house and drive there each day. Because its cheaper.

I guess that is lucky in some ways- although I remember you saying you didn't like it. My dad can empathize- he stayed at home and went to a local university and felt like he missed out on a lot of stuff.

Disney~Cutie said:

When's your birthday? You might be in the same year as me!!! :)

Orreed said:
Yay, another Disney fan who has not had a Dole Whip! My parents are not big Disney fans (They like it, but not like some adults. ) and I don't even think they know what it is. I don't like pineapple, but I feel like being a Disney Geek it's my duty on a upcoming trip.:rotfl:
Six Flags Roller Coasters are more thrilling, but Disney is WAY better. Six Flags has some theme but not as much. It has a lot of chipped paint everywhere. The rides are pretty basic. On the Batman ride (Which is a great coaster, it's just a Disney there is no basic coasters. They are all apart of a highly themed story.), it has a city park and basic Bruce Industries warehouse. The "City Park" is basically grass with a few trees. Oh yeah, and a bunch of weeds. The warehouse is pretty bare, with electrical wires in plain sight very close to you. Don't get me wrong, Six Flags is super fun with some charming areas, especially the older parts, but Disney is Supreme::MickeyMo. I do give props to my local Six Flags, they have a Looney Toons animatronic simple 0boat ride and indoor mining coaster, but again nothing close to Disney.There is no rides like Soarin', Everest, Toy Story Mania, or the awesome Spider-Man ride at Universal Orlando. Sorry that was WAY too much, my theme park geeky love just came out.:rotfl2:
I can relate the squeaking, ugh. For some reason it is my dogs goal to get out the squeaker in ten minutes, haha. Oh yeah, dogs LOVE food.popcorn:: TI bet Oscar and Annie would be buddies!pluto:

Don't ever leave us Heather!!!!

Omg the way you spoke about them I thought you were a Dole Whip expert lol! I'm not really that inspired to even try one to be honest, it just looks like ice cream to me. Really? How come your parents take you to Disney if they don't 'love' it? My parents love the parks but don't particularly like the actual Disney characters. They think I'm stupid for loving it as I do. My parents certainly wouldn't pay all that money to trek over to Florida if it wasn't absolutely amazing. But it is so ha lol.

Okay lol you just put me off six flags haha! I like Disney because it is like a place where everything is perfect and clean and Disney! If six flags has peeling paint and weeds then bleh!!! I don't want to go as much anymore lol. Apparently the fastest roller coaster in the world is at a six flags park. Not that I'd go on it. I couldn't go on Manta or Kraken at Seaworld and Tower of Terror's drop-iness petrified me. I love how every ride at Disney tells a story, it's awesome. Rock and Roller Coaster is one of my favourites. Soarin was our first ever ride so it is very special to us, if you know what I mean.

I begged my parents to take us to WDW then I planned it all from the hotel to the parks to the restaurant. We almost went just to universal but I am so glad we didn't. Epcot was our first park, and Akershus was our first meal, my parents were amazed. Then we did Soarin and we all came off feeling amazing!!!

LOL, osc is weird and doesn't get the squeak out on purpose. He likes to squeak it at us. He has a cuddly toy haggis that squeaks and has had it for almost 2 years and is not broken yet, except an ear has been chewed mostly off, lol. Oh Annie, you sound so lovely, I will fly over tomorrow to meet you!!! :-D

rachelmarisa said:
I'm just joining this thread :cool1:

Bonjour mon ami! Je m'appelle Meg!

Tehe :)

meggiebeth said:
I guess that is lucky in some ways- although I remember you saying you didn't like it. My dad can empathize- he stayed at home and went to a local university and felt like he missed out on a lot of stuff.

It's great, I get to go to college for free on a full ride scholarship, and I actually do really like it. But I just go through times of negativity some times :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter