Post it note for toilets

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
What size Post it notes work best for covering the automatic flushing mechanism? 2by 2 inch ?Or 3 by 3 inch ?

Thanks for your help

Is that to stop the possessed toilets that flush at totally random times when you're in the stall?

I had that happen way to many times at WDW!

Is that to stop the possessed toilets that flush at totally random times when you're in the stall?

Yes, Doesn't bother me my my dd HATES auto-flush toilets at almost 8. I keep a little pad of post it notes in my purse at all times.

Yep. Another great trick is mickey stickers. Just fold a tiny section over to create a pull tab then stick it over the sensor. Then you just use the pull tab you made to pull it off so nothing is left behind.

We just used regular sized post-it notes. The smaller ones would have worked but the regular ones were better when a child was going into the stall without me. It made it easier for the child to position it over the sensory without lining it up perfectly. Also, the smaller ones have less sticky stuff on them, making it a little harder if the child sticks it in the wrong place and then needs to restick it.

This thread brings back memories! It was on Disboards that I first heard of this trick in 2008, when we planned our first big family trip which included 3 preschoolers. We never would have thought about it, but those Post-it notes were worth their weight in gold. Even shared them whenever we would encounter a Mom or Dad trying to reassure a little one that the big flush wouldn't hurt them. To this day, DD and I still chuckle about carrying post-its in WDW.

My SIL uses the 2x2s...LOL, I didn't know this was such a common thing!! I took my niece to the bathroom over the summer at a local amusement park, she's 3 and has gone to a few parks now since being potty trained, but that was my 1st with her out at a park. Well, my SIL neglected to tell me about her EPIC fear of the automatic flushers!!! Of course my 5 year old nephew joined us so I had him in the small dirty stall dropping his pants babbling about a roller coaster and my niece almost peeing her pants screaming at the top of her lungs about me "holding the toilet!!" ????? Finally my nephew explained to me that she wouldn't get on the pot cuz she wanted me to put my hand over the sensor so it wouldn't flush and make a loud noise.....there were no sensors on these toilets, she's just that terrified of all public toilets that my SIL puts post-its on all toilets, sensor or not!! :rotfl:I can imagine all you Disney mothers have Post-its in your purses ::yes::

I wish I had known about this on my first trip. DD had just turned three and was newly potty trained. She freaked out every time the toilet flushed (she was scared of the sound). Eventually my husband thought to get some post-its. We also had to bring a Minnie mouse toilet seat every where we went to put over the toilet seat so she wouldn't get scared about falling in. She's come a long way since her first trip.

All I do now is rip off two squares (or a small section) of toilet paper, and hang them over the sensor (almost every auto flush toilet I've seen has a "nub" at the top which you press to flush). Just poke a hole in the paper, and hang it in front.
I used to tie a strip around the stand over the sensor, but it was harder, and used more paper. Plus, even my 3 yo can hang the paper in front of the sensor now :thumbsup2

We have post it notes on our packing list too. Our three year old isn't too fond of the automatic flush either :laughing:. We also ordered a 40 pack of disposable toilet seat covers for toddler/preschoolers from Walmart.com. What makes these ones different from the standard tissue paper like ones found in the stalls is that these ones hang over the side of the seat (keeping in mind how those little hands often grip the sides of the seat) and they also have adhesive strips to keep the covers from easily sliding off the seat.

I wish I knew about this year's ago! Our grandkids have been to WDW several times, the youngest turning 5 in April. Definitely adding post it notes to our packing list.

My daughter used to hate the auto flushers, too! She'd get so upset. Good thing she's outgrown it now, haha

OH my gosh I thought I was the only one who did this. How funny, apparently a lot of people have the same crazy idea about post its

OH!!! Thank you for this post!!! We leave tomorrow and our kiddo is TERRIFIED of the automatic flusher. I am digging out some Post-Its now.

My SIL uses the 2x2s...LOL, I didn't know this was such a common thing!! I took my niece to the bathroom over the summer at a local amusement park, she's 3 and has gone to a few parks now since being potty trained, but that was my 1st with her out at a park. Well, my SIL neglected to tell me about her EPIC fear of the automatic flushers!!! Of course my 5 year old nephew joined us so I had him in the small dirty stall dropping his pants babbling about a roller coaster and my niece almost peeing her pants screaming at the top of her lungs about me "holding the toilet!!" ????? Finally my nephew explained to me that she wouldn't get on the pot cuz she wanted me to put my hand over the sensor so it wouldn't flush and make a loud noise.....there were no sensors on these toilets, she's just that terrified of all public toilets that my SIL puts post-its on all toilets, sensor or not!! :rotfl:I can imagine all you Disney mothers have Post-its in your purses ::yes::

I know this shouldn't be funny, but I had to chuckle while reading this...:rotfl2:Thankfully I have boys. My youngest used to be afraid of them while he was potty training.

We tried to use the post its at my daughters school but she said they would fall off. After going to Disney and talking to a cast member they told me to use the Mickey stickers and she gave me a ton of them. We couldn't use them at her school because I didn't have that many but she used duck tape there. The stickers work much better then the post its. The cast member called them "Magic Mickey Stickers". I ran out about the time we went back. I had to ask for the stickers at costumer service in EPCOT. They looked at me funny at first but then realized what i was asking for. They told me if I ran out to just come back for more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter