Post Halloween Planning Help / Whine!

klwdisney

DIS Veteran
I need to have a planning whine and I knew you all could sympathize and maybe offer advice. Its a long one...here goes.

Im always trying to get back. Our plan is my family (me, my mom, my bf and his 10 yr old son) and my friend's family (friend, her adult daughter and her 12 yr old son). A situation just presented itself to me that sparked an idea. Stepson has no school on tues 11/6. His mom is away that weekend. And his dad (my bf) has class reunion plans fri 11/2. I thought...why dont stepson and i get annual passes, and go down for that weekend? After school friday...he'd only miss school monday. Come home early in the day tuesday. Value resort with AP discount. No holiday to conflict so crowds should be ok. Weather there and home should be good. Now heres the problem...

Flights are crazy!!! I have 3 aiport choices near me: worc ma (pricey and only 1 direct each day), prov ri (pricey, not great times), Boston (less esp but we'd have to hire an airport van so brings cost up).

Then. Hotels. AsMo seems sold out. All values are pretty much.

Im feeling defeated...like the universe thinks its a bad idea..

What do I do? This seemed brilliant in my head. Give up or keep trying??

I'll vote give up. I also priced out a few short weekend trips for the fall and just the price of airfare alone puts those short weekend trips in the realm of what we just paid total for 5 nights in August. You would also be going down during Jersey Week which is notoriously packed, plus you've missed your FP+ window. Personally, I would wait until you have more time and flights and resorts are cheaper.

I think most schools are out that Tuesday as it’s a voting day. We originally tried to plan a trip that weekend and it was mostly sold out even back in March. The wine & dine marathon is that weekend so most people are making a long weekend out of it. Universe isn’t against you that just happens to be a very busy weekend for WDW and possibly for travel in general if flights are crazy as well.

When the 10 year old face looks at you and doesn't grasp why you won't be able to go, you really really try to find a way. I just didn't realize it would be so hard, or expensive.

Hmm, yeah, probably telling him before booking wasn't such a great step... Anyway, why airport limo to Logan? What about Logan Express out of Framingham or Braintree? Or use one of the Park & Fly locations nearby? What about MHT or Bradley?

Check OTAs for availabikity. Orbitz may have somethung. Also consider the Disney Springs hotels. Yes, you'd need your own airport transportation, but they share a really good bus system.

When the 10 year old face looks at you and doesn't grasp why you won't be able to go, you really really try to find a way. I just didn't realize it would be so hard, or expensive.

I would give up. You tell the 10 YO that the costs were way too much to justify this time. And move on. BY 10 the child should be able to understand if something is just to expensive.

I would still plan to go and keep looking at flights for a deal. Nothing is going to stop me if I want to go and have it in my mind I am going lol!

How about plan something for next year. Book a room, get the kid involved in planning. That may take away the sting a bit.

I would still plan to go and keep looking at flights for a deal. Nothing is going to stop me if I want to go and have it in my mind I am going lol!

I am honestly not being snippy, but I have to ask, you really do not have a financial finite end to a vacation? I have an amount in mind for ay purchase, vehicle, clothing, event tix, etc. If the cost rises over my far end, I move on.

I am honestly not being snippy, but I have to ask, you really do not have a financial finite end to a vacation? I have an amount in mind for ay purchase, vehicle, clothing, event tix, etc. If the cost rises over my far end, I move on.

Well to be fair I’m single, I don’t have kids, and I work a pretty stressful but well paying job. As long as my bills are paid I will probably pull the trigger on a vacation if I feel like I really want to go. You only live once!

If you really feel that way, and are locked in on this particular weekend, I would not wait too long. It looks like options may be limited unless you want to book the moderates or a Deluxe, and flights may not go down in price.

I have always found that if I have to jump through hoops to make something work, for me, it was not a good idea.

That is Jersey week as well... while it does not explain the flight costs where you are it will explain the Hotels a little better... But being there are holidays that will make flights pricey.

Well to be fair I’m single, I don’t have kids, and I work a pretty stressful but well paying job. As long as my bills are paid I will probably pull the trigger on a vacation if I feel like I really want to go. You only live once!
Sometimes it’s not about just getting your way or doing whatever you want. WDW books up and booking a trip 5 weeks out can be rough to impossible. Sometimes you just have to have some chill and wait a few weeks or months. WDW will always be there.

Sometimes it’s not about just getting your way or doing whatever you want. WDW books up and booking a trip 5 weeks out can be rough to impossible. Sometimes you just have to have some chill and wait a few weeks or months. WDW will always be there.

Yup. And sometimes last minute trips are a fun adventure!

Yup. And sometimes last minute trips are a fun adventure!

They are, however when the flights do not line up, the resorts rooms in your budget are booked solid, and the costs mount, sometimes it is time to move on. Once you cross your personal budget line and begin to compromise in order to get away, buyers remorse usually follows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter