Post Disney Depression Remedies

OP, I saw that you don't have firm dates, but even before I have dates nailed down, I start planning a hypothetical trip. What resort do we want to stay at? (And watch YouTube videos/look at reviews of that resort.) Which rides are must-dos? Which restaurants do we want to try? (And then scope out menus.)
When we got back from our trip in May this is what I did but I planned a trip to DLP. Found out when doing it how affordable it is for the resort and parks. Now we may actually try to go sometime lol

I splurged and bought the H20 shampoo because I love the smell and it reminds me of being at Disney. Using that and the H20 lotion leftover from our stay makes me so happy! I’m always dreaming about our next trip and or even a solo trip and what I would do if it were just me. That along with podcasts, YouTube and forums are great ways to bring Disney in everyday even when I can’t be there

I splurged and bought the H20 shampoo because I love the smell and it reminds me of being at Disney. Using that and the H20 lotion leftover from our stay makes me so happy! I’m always dreaming about our next trip and or even a solo trip and what I would do if it were just me. That along with podcasts, YouTube and forums are great ways to bring Disney in everyday even when I can’t be there
Yes! When we went I took my own shampoo and stuff and brought the H20 they provided home so I could do that. Our trip was in May and I still have some left because I don't use it everyday. It's my little reminder of being there.

Last edited:

Ooh I did this too! I am one of those "weirdos" that like the wall dispensers, because I can use as much as I want. Life hack: just bring some empty bottles and fill them up before you leave to use at home. Then you can get the best of both worlds.

Not sure if this is the right forum for it but as usual, while packing up to go home this weekend the depression kicked in. I dont have a next trip to plan just yet which usually helps (we are unsure of dates for 2022) so i was curious what else people do to help with those feelings. Might need to light up my Soarin Fiji candle this week for sure.
If your still in Florida go to Basin and buy some Disney themed body butter etc. If your home you can buy online. The scents will take you back. This could also work with a Disney treat. Pack a few treats ie short bread cookies, Goofy candy bags. Again if your already home no worries google how to make Disney treats. Watching movies helps.

Lol so I am not the only one who goes into depression after my annual disney trip. Like the others said I start planning as soon as I get home and husband make fun me. But this time its even more depressing because it's hard for me to plan with all the changes and the price increases. I am just not sure it will be affordable for me to do every year. On the other hand I did purchase universal AP so that helps a little bit. And in the back of my head I know once I am in Orlando I will probably splurge on a day trip over to Disney. Also someone mentioned above about the Disney puzzles. I have been collecting the villainous puzzles which are fun to do.

Not sure if this is the right forum for it but as usual, while packing up to go home this weekend the depression kicked in. I dont have a next trip to plan just yet which usually helps (we are unsure of dates for 2022) so i was curious what else people do to help with those feelings. Might need to light up my Soarin Fiji candle this week for sure.
Play "Disney Magic Kingdoms" game on your phone and build your own park

Magic candle company is amazing! My favorite ride ever is Flight of Passage and they have a scent for it. Just smelling my happy place can make my home more enjoyable. I also listen to Disney ambience when doing homework, chores, or falling asleep. I haven't done it yet myself, but there are also many recipes for Disney food that you can try.
My husband and I are pretty sad the the prices for the next few years have plainly told us that we can't go...at least for a while. So in the meantime we are listening for updates and trying to keep the good memories fresh. I hope this helps a bit.

Maybe write a trip report?

That's the one thing about owning DVC, we know we are going back even if we rent out our points and have extra gap years in between trips.

Ooh I did this too! I am one of those "weirdos" that like the wall dispensers, because I can use as much as I want. Life hack: just bring some empty bottles and fill them up before you leave to use at home. Then you can get the best of both worlds.

Uh.....

I am always planning a Disney trip even if we don't have one actually planned! I also play the park atmosphere videos in the background while I am working and watch Disney vloggers.

I have also bought H2O products in the past to help. It’s been 19 months for me and I can say it fades! Right now does me, I’m reminding myself that sometime after COVID when Disney has everything at full functionality and Genie+ isn’t brand new, it will be a great time to visit again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter