Post Disney Depression Remedies

The13thLetter

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right forum for it but as usual, while packing up to go home this weekend the depression kicked in. I dont have a next trip to plan just yet which usually helps (we are unsure of dates for 2022) so i was curious what else people do to help with those feelings. Might need to light up my Soarin Fiji candle this week for sure.

I work on Disney puzzles, listen to Disney music, watch movies. I also shop, I'll go to Lowes for holiday themed items, I used to plan trips to Disney stores--but that'll be coming to an end soon. I also make Disney themed holiday wreaths. Immediately after the trip I find I have to plan something fun that's not Disney related and I stay away from the boards and the Disney news sites. The worse the depression is, the longer I'll stay away. This time we booked a trip shortly after getting home, so I only needed to steer clear of the boards for a couple of weeks. On other trips, I've stayed away for months. Hope that helps! It's a dreadful feeling--we travel a lot and the depression only hits after Disney.

I make a photo book after every trip and I find that really helps. I also watch YouTube videos from WDW, especially really current ones because it’s fun to say “hey we just did that” to whatever they happen to be showing. And of course, as you say, planning another trip is always the best cure. We too aren’t ready to book yet but starting to dream about hotel choices helps. Hang in there!

I'm so jealous you are there now.
With covid returning with vengeance we have not gone in awhile, I wish I had a trip to plan... a trip to anywhere would work at this point.
I am avoiding my favorite vloggers cause I cant even look at it right now, they make sad.

So I'm living through you and my other friends on here.

We are going again in 2022, maybe even twice which is rare for us, but no specific dates so im stuck!! Lol.

I wish disney+ had the nighttime spectaculars and the resort channels. I know i can find them on youtube but still. Seems like a logical thing to have :)

Actually i just realized one of the saddest things is actually wrapping up the month/year group thread here. I think once we know for sure our months at the minimum i could join the new ones lol

We just got back on Friday night and I return to work tomorrow. I am currently in the midst of my post Disney depression ☹️ I am hoping we can go back again next year!

Genie+ did it for me. We had such a great trip the beginning of August that I had some serious Disney blues, getting teary eyed every time a 50th celebration commercial would come on TV. Then the announcement. Now I feel nothing when the commercials air, and I'm probably canceling my trip booked in January.

Genie+ did it for me. We had such a great trip the beginning of August that I had some serious Disney blues, getting teary eyed every time a 50th celebration commercial would come on TV. Then the announcement. Now I feel nothing when the commercials air, and I'm probably canceling my trip booked in January.

yeah this is interesting. i get what you are saying. So much changing and not necessarily in a good way can make it hard to be excited

Like others have said...plan the next trip. We are about to leave for WDW this Sunday, however, we are in the early stages of planning next years trip. When we return, about a week after we get home, we have a family meeting. This is our Disney After Action Meeting ( we are a retired military family), we discuss things we liked and did not like on the recent trip. We talk about the places we ate at and talk about the rides we rode. It is at this meeting that the plans for the next trip are started. Everyone has input and things we missed become priorities on the next trip. This is how we get through the post Disney Blues

Being DVC members we always know we’ll be back which helps with the blues. I now have the “I can’t possibly wait for my January trip” blues. I sniff my pirates and Poly candles frequently, and I plan every second of our next trip. Which seems so far away!

OP, I saw that you don't have firm dates, but even before I have dates nailed down, I start planning a hypothetical trip. What resort do we want to stay at? (And watch YouTube videos/look at reviews of that resort.) Which rides are must-dos? Which restaurants do we want to try? (And then scope out menus.)

What works for me is starting a trip report, writing about our experiences lets me relive the trip again throughout the following few months. Bonus plus is the number of times going through pictures to find the perfect ones to post!

Also candle idea not a bad one, got my beach club candle burning most days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter