Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

QUESTION: do flight schedules typically change when the new fare calendar is released?

October has crummy times for us to fly direct with SW. (like 5 am or late evening). Times are better for summer flights. we are going in November and I’m hoping the direct flights will be better times.

Thanks for any insight!!!

They do. Depends on the season. We're getting the schedule for the holiday season in a couple of days. Now if it's more or fewer flights remains to be seen.

Please refresh my memory- is it all SW credit cards that give free EBCI? And how many is it per card per year?

Please refresh my memory- is it all SW credit cards that give free EBCI? And how many is it per card per year?
I have the SW priority card and don't get free EBCI- I get 4 upgraded boardings (which are subject to availability; I've only had luck once!)

QUESTION: do flight schedules typically change when the new fare calendar is released?

October has crummy times for us to fly direct with SW. (like 5 am or late evening). Times are better for summer flights. we are going in November and I’m hoping the direct flights will be better times.

Thanks for any insight!!!
It's normal for them to operate on seasonal schedules to begin with so summer months it's common enough to be a different pricing and flight times than fall. I could see slightly different schedules around Thanksgiving under normal conditions even with it being fall still.

However, unfortunately this year due to
1) pausing of pilot hiring

2) (more of an issue IMO) less delivery of Boeing planes than expected

SWA released a statement saying “reevaluating all prior full year 2024 guidance, including the expectation for capital spending.” It has been said they are looking to cut schedules though I've heard both for the summer schedules and latter part of the year so not sure which one is more correct.

The impact to you could be a positive, negative or no change (where you still have only that late evening non-stop option). Basically what typically happens may not stand true this year with this issue cropping up.

It's normal for them to operate on seasonal schedules to begin with so summer months it's common enough to be a different pricing and flight times than fall. I could see slightly different schedules around Thanksgiving under normal conditions even with it being fall still.

However, unfortunately this year due to
1) pausing of pilot hiring

2) (more of an issue IMO) less delivery of Boeing planes than expected

SWA released a statement saying “reevaluating all prior full year 2024 guidance, including the expectation for capital spending.” It has been said they are looking to cut schedules though I've heard both for the summer schedules and latter part of the year so not sure which one is more correct.

The impact to you could be a positive, negative or no change (where you still have only that late evening non-stop option). Basically what typically happens may not stand true this year with this issue cropping up.
Thank you for the insight!!

Do you think competitor airlines will drop prices tomorrow?

Thank you for the insight!!

Do you think competitor airlines will drop prices tomorrow?
You're welcome :) I'm hoping it doesn't negatively impact us as we have an October trip out to the west coast (technically to Japan just using SWA to get to CA).

I don't tend to look around to too many other airlines (and SWA dominates here anyhow) so unfortunately I cannot give my experience on that 😕 but maybe others that do shop around a bit more have more of an idea :flower3:

You're welcome :) I'm hoping it doesn't negatively impact us as we have an October trip out to the west coast (technically to Japan just using SWA to get to CA).

I don't tend to look around to too many other airlines (and SWA dominates here anyhow) so unfortunately I cannot give my experience on that 😕 but maybe others that do shop around a bit more have more of an idea :flower3:
Thanks for the info!! And wow!! Japan!?! ♥️♥️

Thanks for the info!! And wow!! Japan!?! ♥️♥️
We're super excited for that trip :hyper:

We also have a Europe trip in a month and a half, we're using SWA to get to the New York area. I guess I need to have fingers crossed that one doesn't change. We fly the day after we get into the New York area (purposefully did this).

These days I'm having more experience with international carriers than domestic :rotfl:

Last year it was Air France and British Airways to get to Europe, this year it's Virgin Atlantic and PLAY for Europe and ZipAir for Japan. PLAY and ZipAir are more similar to Spirit or Frontier being more bare bones than SWA is but with ZipAir we did lay flat seats in what they call their business class. I'm looking to compare the more low-cost carriers to how I'm used to with SWA.

Wanted a PVD-MCO flight for December (already had MCO-PVD booked on JetBlue as their prices were pretty reasonable (and ended up being much cheaper than SW). For SW- Midday flight was over $400! Yikes! Took the last flight of the day as it was the best choice for price (significantly cheaper) Now begins me watching the schedule to see if it changes! Good luck to anyone booking!

Flight times and prices are HORRENDOUS for the beginning of December from Manchester, NH :mad: Wanna Get Away options are not even available for a lot of the flights :(

Booked! This is how our early December flights compare to the same flights from last year:
  • Flight to FL this year is 7am instead of 6am :( but was the same starting price as last year!
    • This flight dropped $80 per person last year in increments before departure date
  • Flight home this year is an hour earlier (we take the last flight home :() but was $34 cheaper per person than last year!
    • This flight dropped $112 per person last year incrementally as well, so it starting out cheaper to begin with this year doesn't surprise me

These flight prices are bonkers! This is the first time in years that I don't just have the points balance to book on opening morning and adjust down if there are sales. If I transfer points for these ticket prices and then they drop, those points are stuck at SW. I think I'm waiting to book which I haven't done since... 2021? Wow!

According to the SW website; Plus gets two EBCI per year and Priority gets 4 Upgraded Boardings per year (but no EBCI),
SWA has 3 credit cards

Premier and Plus get EBCI
Priority gets Upgraded Boarding

The PP asked which credit cards get EBCI and how many. The answer to that is Plus and Premier get 2 EBCI per anniversary year of the CC.

Premier is just not a CC you'll see very easily on SWA's website but it exists. It's the one we personally have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter