Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Phew - it was an exercise in stamina but over the past few hours I've been able to merge 11 travel credits into one.

Book a flight - use 2 credits - pay a tiny bit - cancel that flight - repeat x 9

I ended up paying $52.50 in the small bits needed to combine but I still see that as a win as it's now part of our travel credit and we'll use it.

At one point I called SW to confirm that there wasn't an easier way to do this but unfortunately there is not. The good thing is it's easy to book and cancel, book and cancel...

For anyone looking to combine tiny credits I recommend looking at flights within California or, California to Las Vegas. Who knew you could fly there for $33!!

While it takes time I'm still thankful for SW's no change fees and no cancellation fees plus travel credits that don't expire. Now, if they would just change it so that we could use more than 2 travel credits/booking, this wouldn't be needed but it's a task I do a couple of times a year and it's always worth it!

Phew - it was an exercise in stamina but over the past few hours I've been able to merge 11 travel credits into one.

Book a flight - use 2 credits - pay a tiny bit - cancel that flight - repeat x 9

I ended up paying $52.50 in the small bits needed to combine but I still see that as a win as it's now part of our travel credit and we'll use it.

At one point I called SW to confirm that there wasn't an easier way to do this but unfortunately there is not. The good thing is it's easy to book and cancel, book and cancel...

For anyone looking to combine tiny credits I recommend looking at flights within California or, California to Las Vegas. Who knew you could fly there for $33!!

While it takes time I'm still thankful for SW's no change fees and no cancellation fees plus travel credits that don't expire. Now, if they would just change it so that we could use more than 2 travel credits/booking, this wouldn't be needed but it's a task I do a couple of times a year and it's always worth it!
I never thought of doing this and always have straggling credits here and there...I always assumed they put the credit back under the original number when you canceled...great to know for next time.

No, every time you change a flight to get a monetary credit, they all come back as their own little slip. So if the price changes on a flight 5 times, you now have 5 little slips, even though it's the same flight.
That part I knew. This is how I end up with a bunch of little credits. I just didn’t know you could use two to book a flight then cancel and have those two become one. I called last time and was told there’s no way to combine so I used only my two biggest ones, leaving a few stragglers for future trips.

That part I knew. This is how I end up with a bunch of little credits. I just didn’t know you could use two to book a flight then cancel and have those two become one. I called last time and was told there’s no way to combine so I used only my two biggest ones, leaving a few stragglers for future trips.
I learned the combining tip here. It takes time and effort but it’s worth it. I had 11 small credits (5 for me and 6 for my daughter) but combined them into 1 big credit so my daughter and I now have more than $200 in a single flight credit.

I'm still checking our August flight daily for price drops and only once has it gone down slightly. Its weird that when i check our same flight days but in June and July its crazy cheap. I'm just hopeful that they haven't started caring about August flights and will drop them soon!

Thank you for the "where" trip! Last time I did this it took a while to find a very inexpensive flight. I'll take your advice and look within CA next time.

I'm still checking our August flight daily for price drops and only once has it gone down slightly. Its weird that when i check our same flight days but in June and July its crazy cheap. I'm just hopeful that they haven't started caring about August flights and will drop them soon!
Keep checking. Our outbound flight hasn't changed much lately but our return flight in late Aug dropped $20 yesterday. I paid high prices for our Aug flights (was kicking myself after I booked them) but so far I've gleamed almost $100 in price drops.

I learned the combining tip here. It takes time and effort but it’s worth it. I had 11 small credits (5 for me and 6 for my daughter) but combined them into 1 big credit so my daughter and I now have more than $200 in a single flight credit.
I've used that method to combine travel funds, too. I've also found that once I bought that "fake" ticket I could spend those little travel fund balances on upgrading the same fake ticket. Then I would be using up the funds without having to buy a different ticket. :)

I also check daily for August price drops. I had a small one a few weeks ago, but this morning my Labor Day weekend flights dropped both ways and I got 3,000 RR points back!

Has anyone else received an email from Southwest customer service “Personal invitation to join the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect.”. It appears to be legit and comes from Southwest.

They want you to sign up for an opinion panel.

From the email is below.

Has anyone else joined this? Thanks

Southwest Airlines
® is creating an online panel of trusted advisors to help shape the future of our airline, and we’d like you to join us.
We are looking for Southwest® Customers to participate over the next year in the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect, an ongoing online panel. As a Member of the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect, you will:
BE HEARD by providing your opinions on a variety of topics through online surveys, discussions, webcam sharing sessions, and more.
BE IN THE KNOW by seeing how your feedback impacts real Southwest Airlines decisions.
BE REWARDED by receiving sneak peeks, exclusive content, and as an additional thank you, you will earn Rapid Rewards® points or monetary rewards for your participation.
By hearing from you, we can improve as we strive to be the best airline connecting you to what matters most in your life.
Become a Southwest Airlines Customer Connect Member today:

Has anyone else received an email from Southwest customer service “Personal invitation to join the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect.”. It appears to be legit and comes from Southwest.

From the email is below.

Southwest Airlines
® is creating an online panel of trusted advisors to help shape the future of our airline, and we’d like you to join us.
We are looking for Southwest® Customers to participate over the next year in the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect, an ongoing online panel. As a Member of the Southwest Airlines Customer Connect, you will:
BE HEARD by providing your opinions on a variety of topics through online surveys, discussions, webcam sharing sessions, and more.
BE IN THE KNOW by seeing how your feedback impacts real Southwest Airlines decisions.
BE REWARDED by receiving sneak peeks, exclusive content, and as an additional thank you, you will earn Rapid Rewards® points or monetary rewards for your participation.
By hearing from you, we can improve as we strive to be the best airline connecting you to what matters most in your life.
I haven’t received this email as of today.

From the email is below.

Southwest Airlines
Not recently, but I have done this in the past. Every time I got a survey, I didn’t qualify or I’d respond and it would say they already had enough responders. I bet I didn’t get more than 100 RR points.

I've used that method to combine travel funds, too. I've also found that once I bought that "fake" ticket I could spend those little travel fund balances on upgrading the same fake ticket. Then I would be using up the funds without having to buy a different ticket. :)
That's a great tip! Thanks!! Hadn't thought to do that and it would be a lot less work!

Thanks for sharing.

Not recently, but I have done this in the past. Every time I got a survey, I didn’t qualify or I’d respond and it would say they already had enough responders. I bet I didn’t get more than 100 RR points.
Same here. I felt like I was wasting tons of time. I’d answer lots of survey questions and then be told, you don’t qualify for this survey.

Hello! I am flying out of Milwaukee in a couple weeks with a 5:05am departure. I just realized I have to check my bags and don’t know what time they will open for that. Online says 2 hours before first departure but in the past that hasn’t always been true in my experiences! So does anyone know for sure?

Hello! I am flying out of Milwaukee in a couple weeks with a 5:05am departure. I just realized I have to check my bags and don’t know what time they will open for that. Online says 2 hours before first departure but in the past that hasn’t always been true in my experiences! So does anyone know for sure?
The last time I flew out of MKE that early it was 0330 I believe. TSA begins at 0300, but nothing is open in the terminal until 0400.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter