Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Idk, I was lax with signing the kids up.
We are all on the same reservation.
Since you’re on the same reservation I’m not sure why the system is acting this way. Hopefully others will have more insight.

I would get the kids accounts ASAP and link them to these tickets so they can start earning points. Their points can buy a ticket for you or someone else since your littles are probably too young to fly themselves and will have to answer additional questions on southwest when booking. We do this for the trip to mco and on the way back we are all on the same reservation.

We fly Southwest once a year sometimes twice. This year we are flying it 3x. DH and I have RR but our adult kids do not. We are flying DEN to MCO mid January, 5 of us on same reservation and I just went to purchase EBCI and it says I can only purchase for the 3 kids , not DH or I. This has never happened before. My DH is A list status for some reason, until 12/15/23. We actually canceled the credit card recently because we do not use it. Can you tell I really do not know much about RR even though we have it? Lol
Has this happened to anyone before? When I buy for the 3 kids will we all be together, even though DH and I don't pay? Also, if he has A list how come it's not working for all of us on the reservation?
This is a WGA fare.
If the A-list expires on 12/15/23 and your flight is mid-January 2024 all of you are ineligible for the A-list benefit with a flight occurring after the A-list benefit expires even if you're all on the same reservation. With the kids not having a Rapid Rewards membership they are not eligible for the A-list benefit regardless of when it expires.

This is from SWA's terms of conditions (see bolded)
Once a Member qualifies for A-List or A-List Preferred status, Southwest will automatically reserve a boarding position for such Member and all Passengers included on a reservation with such Member 36 hours prior to each of the Member's confirmed Southwest flights (“priority boarding”), unless one or more of the following applies:

• The reservation is booked less than 36 hours prior to scheduled departure.
  • The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number is not saved to reservation at least 36 hours prior to check-in.
  • The reservation is a Group Travel itinerary with an A-List or A-List Preferred Member. Only A-List and A-List Preferred Members will receive priority boarding.
  • Any change is made to an existing reservation within 36 hours of a scheduled flight.
  • One or more Passengers travels standby on a different flight than what was originally confirmed.
  • The flight is taken after a Member’s A-List or A-List Preferred status expires.
  • Irregular operations, which may affect A-List or A-List Preferred Membership benefits.
  • A boarding pass is not presented and/or the Passenger is not present for boarding in the departure gate area at least 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
To be honest I would call SWA because if indeed your husband's A-list expires before your flight is taken the system may not be recognizing that and allowing you to purchase EBCI for you and your husband. Given my bolded comment I believe the system is recognizing A-list for you and your husband due to your RR's numbers being on the reservation which is why only the kids, who do not have RR accounts, can get EBCI. In reality all of you should be able to purchase EBCI based on the A-list expiration date but because it's still active I'm guessing the system sees that even though the flight is occurring once its expired.

With the kids not having a Rapid Rewards membership they are not eligible for the A-list benefit regardless of when it expires.
The Member’s Rapid Rewards account number is not saved to reservation at least 36 hours prior to check-in.

I don’t take this to mean the kids need a RR account. They’re referred to as “passengers” on the same reservation as the member who is A list. I take it to mean the A list member has to have their number saved on the reservation for them & the other passengers to get the benefit. Not sure why it is letting only some people book EBCI, but I don’t think it’s because the kids don’t have RR numbers. Almost sounds like the parents have anytime fares which include EBCI & the kids don’t. I’m sure calling will straighten it out. And we’ve seen enough IT glitches with Disney to know company websites/ apps often have no rhyme or reason to why things don’t work as they should. :rolleyes:

I don’t take this to mean the kids need a RR account. They’re referred to as “passengers” on the same reservation as the member who is A list. I take it to mean the A list member has to have their number saved on the reservation for them & the other passengers to get the benefit. Not sure why it is letting only some people book EBCI, but I don’t think it’s because the kids don’t have RR numbers. Almost sounds like the parents have anytime fares which include EBCI & the kids don’t. I’m sure calling will straighten it out. And we’ve seen enough IT glitches with Disney to know company websites/ apps often have no rhyme or reason to why things don’t work as they should. :rolleyes:
Maybe but to me it would make sense why only the 3 people without RR accounts are eligible to purchase EBCI meanwhile the ones with the RR accounts are not able to with all being on the same reservation and one person presently having A-list. The PP did say that it's with WGA fare but didn't necessarily specify that her and her husband purchased Anytime Fare but the kids have WGA fare. Who knows.

Thanks for the responses. I will have to call I guess. We all have the WGA fare. I've never run into this and would prefer to just to purchase EBCI for all of us and be done with it. Especially since the A list expires before the flight.

Before the pilots can strike, they still have to be released from mediation, then have a 30 day cooling off period and have the president not step in to prevent it. The industry people I've seen that have commented expect a deal by the end of the month and this is a negotiating tactic.

Before the pilots can strike, they still have to be released from mediation, then have a 30 day cooling off period and have the president not step in to prevent it. The industry people I've seen that have commented expect a deal by the end of the month and this is a negotiating tactic.
Isn't that more or less what happened with the railroad industry about a year ago?

Check your flights and see if they've changed. My flight home on 1/22 early am was cancelled and replaced with a mid morning. Seeing lots of reports on FlyerTalk that flights changed all over the system.
Our 5:25pm flight on 2/8 was changed to 1:45pm. I took advantage of the free one time change to a 5:55pm flight instead of 1:45pm.

Isn't that more or less what happened with the railroad industry about a year ago?
Yes, it's the same law that controls both.
when might this possible SWA strike take place?
Theoretically, it could start 30 days from today if the board releases the union from arbitration. Realistically, I don't see that happening until at least December, which would push the strike date into the new year. I don't see any way they allow the strike to begin during the Christmas travel season. I personally have a back up flight booked for my work trip to FL in January just in case. I think the more likely thing would be the pilots getting fed up with being strung along and starting to work to rule. If none of them pick up extra flights, it could end up almost as bad as last year.

I'm flying with my son who turns 7 while on our trip. I am planning to check in right at the 24 hour mark. How hard is it to sit two together? It sounds like it is pretty tough to get A unless you pay for it in some way. If I'm in B what are my chances of being able to get seats together? Any recent experiences?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter