Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

That makes more sense. I haven’t flown since 2019 and before that it was 2004. We also didn’t care about boarding positions since we were just two adults so I don’t remember checking in at all.

Last time we flew there was one working stall in the women’s bathroom so as long as they work. I’ve heard a lot of positive things about the new airport, so I guess we’ll see. (Though I’m a bit grumpy there isn’t a Starbucks)
I wouldn't worry about the all gender bathrooms. It's not really any real distance to the gendered bathrooms even from the genderless. I haven't been in the all gender bathrooms yet (usually because I go to the gate first then to the bathroom and I've not been close enough to the all gender).

The old set up the bathrooms were def. a painpoint. Always a line for the women's never enough room for anyone to really be in there.

This past Sunday we flew out we weren't at the very end luckily (more like about halfway). Our flight in April we were on the furthest you can be for SWA and it was a long hike from where we were dropped off at the airport (we used Parking Spot) through security and through to the gates. I don't remember what gate we landed at last night (just flew back from Vegas) but it's a hike to get to where you want to be in comparison to the old. There are some moving walkways that help out. But there are plenty of food options now, I believe 3 or so BBQ places. I wish Chick-fil-A hadn't backed out, that would have been one popular place to eat. One thing I was worried about with the new terminal because of the design of it was the noise level but compared to other airports it's much quieter despite the openness of everything.

Be aware if you are taking transportation like Parking Spot or whatnot you are actually dropped off at the arrivals level (the lower level) you then enter the airport go up the escalator to the left and then through security. TSA Pre-Check and Regular security lines are completely separate.

I wouldn't worry about the all gender bathrooms. It's not really any real distance to the gendered bathrooms even from the genderless. I haven't been in the all gender bathrooms yet (usually because I go to the gate first then to the bathroom and I've not been close enough to the all gender).

The old set up the bathrooms were def. a painpoint. Always a line for the women's never enough room for anyone to really be in there.
Anything was going to be better than the old bathrooms. Last year I spent 15 minutes walking around trying to find a bathroom that was open, then the line was 10 deep to get into it.
When I flew into the new one I was on AA so just had to turn right after security. When I landed the men's room down in that wing was closed and I didn't even know the next one was all gender until I walked in and was looking for a urinal.

Anything was going to be better than the old bathrooms. Last year I spent 15 minutes walking around trying to find a bathroom that was open, then the line was 10 deep to get into it.
When I flew into the new one I was on AA so just had to turn right after security. When I landed the men's room down in that wing was closed and I didn't even know the next one was all gender until I walked in and was looking for a urinal.
Yeah if you're flying AA you'll be lucky in the walking department since they have relatively few gates and shared with Alaskan and closer to security overall with being in the A gates.

I'm pretty sure they have signage denoting all gender for those particular bathrooms but most people are probably just zooming on through walking like normal and may not realize til like you they get in expecting something different. I love that they have them there and that they kept privacy concerns in mind so the stalls aren't like so many of what we're used to where you have virtually no privacy. But I expect it'll take some getting used to around here.

Question re:using travel funds. Our recent flights opened high but then dropped a number of times so I have 5 travel credits and my dd has 5 travel credits.

With the $49 flight sale on right now in considering purchasing these and cancelling them, purely for the reason of combining some of our larger amounts into one credit.

My question is, since I have 5 credits in my name and my dd has 5 in her name, would I be able to use a total of 2 or 4 credits if I purchase a flight?

Would it be better to purchase individual flights for each of us to use the most travel credits?

Question re:using travel funds. Our recent flights opened high but then dropped a number of times so I have 5 travel credits and my dd has 5 travel credits.

With the $49 flight sale on right now in considering purchasing these and cancelling them, purely for the reason of combining some of our larger amounts into one credit.

My question is, since I have 5 credits in my name and my dd has 5 in her name, would I be able to use a total of 2 or 4 credits if I purchase a flight?

Would it be better to purchase individual flights for each of us to use the most travel credits?
I thought, if you reduced the same confirm multiple times, SW was combining that as one credit. So, if you got $10 from flight A12345 and then $5 more from flight A12345, the system would show a $15 travel credit under that number. It's in the back of my head that they made this change when they went to non-expiring funds. When you look at your flight credits (https://www.southwest.com/loyalty/myaccount/travel-funds.html) you see 5 separate credits listed?

As to the using them with your daughter, assuming you had booked the original fares together and all of your credits are the same confirms, you can use 4 total credits across two confirm numbers: Code A12345 will apply credit for both you and your daughter, Code B67891 will apply credit for both you and your daughter, then a final payment method to finish the transaction. If the credits you and your daughter have generated so far are different confirms, then you'll have to book different dummy flights to combine credits.

I thought, if you reduced the same confirm multiple times, SW was combining that as one credit. So, if you got $10 from flight A12345 and then $5 more from flight A12345, the system would show a $15 travel credit under that number. It's in the back of my head that they made this change when they went to non-expiring funds. When you look at your flight credits (https://www.southwest.com/loyalty/myaccount/travel-funds.html) you see 5 separate credits listed?

As to the using them with your daughter, assuming you had booked the original fares together and all of your credits are the same confirms, you can use 4 total credits across two confirm numbers: Code A12345 will apply credit for both you and your daughter, Code B67891 will apply credit for both you and your daughter, then a final payment method to finish the transaction. If the credits you and your daughter have generated so far are different confirms, then you'll have to book different dummy flights to combine credits.
I just checked and we each have 8 travel credits from drops in 4 flights.

E.g. one flight dropped 3 times but the credits are listed as:

AAAAAA-0123 $25.00
AAAAAA-4567 $23.00
AAAAAA-8891 $10.00

You are correct that they are the same flight so the confirmation number is the same but each has a different 4 digit number after it.

I may okay around with it over the weekend and see what happens.

I've done this exact thing to combine smaller credits into one larger one. (also confirming the same thing you're seeing - they were all from the same flight and the system saw the credits separately and I couldn't use them all until I combined) Are the credits for you and your daughter both from the same original reservation? If so you should be able to use 2 credits for each of you, so 4 total, the system automatically applied my daughter's credits in the same situation. If there are different reservation numbers for all 4 credits then I *think* should should still be able to use 4 but I can't say for certain from personal experience.

What I do when I have multiple travel funds is to buy a ticket with whatever funds I can without paying any additional cash. Then if I still have remaining funds, I wait a day and then change my ticket to a more expensive ticket. That way I slowly use up the travel funds without creating more funds. They goal is to get it down to one fund instead of multiple ones. :)

For example - I use two funds to buy a $49 ticket. Then I go back the next day or so and change the ticket to a $59 ticket or higher, in an attempt to use up all those remaining travel funds. The goal is to not use any new cash. I usually end up with a little remaining fund, which is fine. :)

They will if the seat you are saving is in the front of the plane and they have a tight connection.
Doubtful but we never try to sit up front if doing this(plus the entire front typically fills with pre-boards). We head back to the wings.

Anyone added a lap child at the airport before? We flew last weekend and I had added a lap child when we booked, and it didn't let me check-in on my phone in advance because I needed to confirm his age at the airport, leading me to get a crappy boarding position. I noticed when using the self-serve kiosk there was an option to add/edit a lap child. We're flying again in December and I haven't added a lap child yet, and now I'm wondering if I can just wait to add a lap child at the airport? So mobile check-in 24 hours in advance, and then add a lap child when we get to the airport?

I have a few questions....

DH and I have upcoming flights from MCO to LAS and we have a layover (each way) that shows a "no plane change" and I've never had a flight like that so I have some questions:

(1) are we allowed to leave the plane when we drop off/pick up new folks and or do we stay on the plane and just sit there while more folks come on board and

(2.) if we can leave the plane, and its time to get back on the plane, do we pre- board before the "new" travelers board, or do we have to take all our stuff off and then re-board like everyone else?

Also, I got us Anytime fares, but I have my free upgrades available in my SW credit card account - can I do that online ahead of time now - I feel like the last time I did this it was before they made some changes and I had to do it at the gate when we arrived.

THANKS!

DH and I have upcoming flights from MCO to LAS and we have a layover (each way) that shows a "no plane change" and I've never had a flight like that so I have some questions:

(1) are we allowed to leave the plane when we drop off/pick up new folks and or do we stay on the plane and just sit there while more folks come on board and

(2.) if we can leave the plane, and its time to get back on the plane, do we pre- board before the "new" travelers board, or do we have to take all our stuff off and then re-board like everyone else?

Also, I got us Anytime fares, but I have my free upgrades available in my SW credit card account - can I do that online ahead of time now - I feel like the last time I did this it was before they made some changes and I had to do it at the gate when we arrived.

THANKS!
When we have done this, we had to wait until everyone deplaned, that was not flying on to the next stop. At that point, we were allowed to deplane. We were also allowed to move to empty seats, and place our stuff there. We were allowed to reboard at any time during the layover.

When we have done this, we had to wait until everyone deplaned, that was not flying on to the next stop. At that point, we were allowed to deplane. We were also allowed to move to empty seats, and place our stuff there. We were allowed to reboard at any time during the layover.
PERFECT!!!

We dont have a long layover - just under an hour but I'm hoping there is time to get off and get breakfast and then pop back on the plane.

THANKS!!

THANKS!
I have been on one flight like this. As PP said, we had to wait until all of the people not continuing on had deplaned - the flight attendants then counted all of us 'left' (it was only like 5 of us) to be sure it matched their numbers. We were allowed to deplane, though I think that depends on how long the layover is - I've heard them mention that if it's shorter they might ask you to stay on the plane.

You do board before the 'new' travelers. We were allowed to pick new seats before we got off the plane and move our stuff. We did not take all of our stuff off the plane, just our purses. We then re-boarded before the new travelers and went to our 'new' seats.

Are you talking about purchasing upgraded boarding? Yes, you should be able to do that in the app. If you're asking about a different type of upgrade then I'm not sure . . .

PERFECT!!!

We dont have a long layover - just under an hour but I'm hoping there is time to get off and get breakfast and then pop back on the plane.

THANKS!!
An hour in reality isn't all that long between people deplaning, you waiting to be counted and then before boarding starts (which is 30 mins before the next flight takes off). I'd have a backup plan for breakfast IMO.

ok - we will plan for breakfast before the departure flight @ MCO - and I was actually thinking that we'd get off during our layover and get "2nd breakfast" anyway :rolleyes2 - so perhaps I'll just pack a snack or 2!

and with our anytime fares, I was hoping to upgrade to the A1-15 seats...so I can do that on the app right now, or I have to wait until the 24 hr mark but it can be done before we get to the gate?

ok - we will plan for breakfast before the departure flight @ MCO - and I was actually thinking that we'd get off during our layover and get "2nd breakfast" anyway :rolleyes2 - so perhaps I'll just pack a snack or 2!

and with our anytime fares, I was hoping to upgrade to the A1-15 seats...so I can do that on the app right now, or I have to wait until the 24 hr mark but it can be done before we get to the gate?
You can purchase upgraded boarding in the app once you've checked in.

This past Sunday we flew out we weren't at the very end luckily (more like about halfway). Our flight in April we were on the furthest you can be for SWA and it was a long hike from where we were dropped off at the airport (we used Parking Spot) through security and through to the gates. I don't remember what gate we landed at last night (just flew back from Vegas) but it's a hike to get to where you want to be in comparison to the old. There are some moving walkways that help out. But there are plenty of food options now, I believe 3 or so BBQ places. I wish Chick-fil-A hadn't backed out, that would have been one popular place to eat. One thing I was worried about with the new terminal because of the design of it was the noise level but compared to other airports it's much quieter despite the openness of everything.

Be aware if you are taking transportation like Parking Spot or whatnot you are actually dropped off at the arrivals level (the lower level) you then enter the airport go up the escalator to the left and then through security. TSA Pre-Check and Regular security lines are completely separate.
The bathrooms didn’t bother me, very clean and nice. We used the parking garage which was so nice! Loved they they had signals for open spaces. I feel like the airport could use more actual signage though, not just screens. We somehow missed the area to check are bags and had to back track from security 🙃 The tsa agent made it seem like it happens a lot.

Our flight did end up being completely full but we still all got to sit together. It was a pretty nice as far as flights go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter